This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
    Sounds pointless to me but I guess it's a forum so I respect your opinion mate
    Everyone holds FM up for a reason as management sims go. They've recently released two games in one with FMC alongside the more in-depth.

Comment

Originally posted by File A View Post
      Everyone holds FM up for a reason as management sims go. They've recently released two games in one with FMC alongside the more in-depth.
      But you can't compare Cricket to Football in terms of captaincy/management .. even though you just have.

Plus SI have a huge budget to pay with.

I know what you mean but CC works on the basis of tweaks every year. FM works roughly in the same way.

Comment

I have to agree with DVDDD with regards to the football/cricket comparison, totally different sports.

In Cricket Captain you fiddle with tactics, in Football Manager you do, but the tactics being played with are different and affect the match differently because the sports work differently. The captain of a cricket team does a lot more than the captain of a football team in terms of tactical control.

I don't ever see a Cricket Captain game where you or I don't get to change the field, line, length, etc. The general feedback is that people want more to do, not less.

Comment

There is of course a way for this to happen - it's called simulating the matches...

Comment

Originally posted by dodgyjamie View Post
            there is of course a way for this to happen - it's called simulating the matches...
            Genius!!

Comment

At the end of each domestic season for England, Australia and India the player gets to see statistics for the following...

- Most runs
              - Highest score
              - Best bowling
              - Most wickets

This can be viewed (if applicable) over the various three format - First Class, One Day, 20/20.
              The good thing here is your teams results for all four are also displayed alongside the best for the respective league in question (English County/Aussie One Day/IPL etc)

Can this be added to the International game too as it brings the end of the "year" to a natural conclusion.

It would be a good comparison to be able to see that my countries highest batting score was 201 by John Smith
              .. but the highest across the world for the same period was actually Joe Bloggs for New Zealand who scored 345.

As this is already done for some aspects of the game could it also be added for consistency for International too?

Comment

Being able to see who dismisses batsmen the most is a stat I would love!
                Playing as Australia I had Ryan Harris dismiss Rutherford (NZ) about 5 times in a 3 test series!! Would be good to know other squads before you select yours aswell so if you have a bowler who dominated someone u can re select them....
                Ie warne v callinan
                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Just wondering Sureshot (or Chris or anybody else) whether there is a plan to, in a later patch, change the selected squad for international cricket series to be on the side rather than in a new 'tab' as it were? It makes international cricket much less enjoyable having to keep swapping tabs to select squads/see who is already in your squad.
                  Last edited by ab5ides1; 09-10-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

a couple of suggestions - apologies if they have already been covered.

Notice of player retirements - In previous games its been annoying that players have retired at the end of the season and then the start of the next year is a world cup. That means I have to find a suitable replacement at the start of the world cup and haven't had time to blood them in. It would be nice to have a message saying Player X wishes to retire at the end of the season/series.

In 2014 I lost Cook for my Essex side and was quite disappointed as he was my leading first class and one day run scorer. If I knew he was going to retire I could have selected one of the youngsters in some matches to see how they fare.

Changing squads during an ODI series - Is this possible ( I apologise haven't played ODI in this years game much so don't know if this issue still exists). In a home series i'd quite like to be able to change my squad for injuries or to give new players a chance if the final game is a dead rubber.

Comment

Whr is ur two player mood ? Me just surprised that its not here in 2014. Plz give it back in 2014 if possible. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzir119 View Post
                        Whr is ur two player mood ? Me just surprised that its not here in 2014. Plz give it back in 2014 if possible. :/
                        Was player morale ever in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                          Was player morale ever in the game?
                          I think he meant two player mode not mood.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                            a couple of suggestions - apologies if they have already been covered.

Notice of player retirements - In previous games its been annoying that players have retired at the end of the season and then the start of the next year is a world cup. That means I have to find a suitable replacement at the start of the world cup and haven't had time to blood them in. It would be nice to have a message saying Player X wishes to retire at the end of the season/series.

In 2014 I lost Cook for my Essex side and was quite disappointed as he was my leading first class and one day run scorer. If I knew he was going to retire I could have selected one of the youngsters in some matches to see how they fare.

Changing squads during an ODI series - Is this possible ( I apologise haven't played ODI in this years game much so don't know if this issue still exists). In a home series i'd quite like to be able to change my squad for injuries or to give new players a chance if the final game is a dead rubber.
                            Agree with all 3 of these, good suggestions, how easy they would be implement is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                              I think he meant two player mode not mood.
                              Ah ok - sorry Tanzir buddy

Comment

Rather than always having deteriorating pitches, some pitches (like in the subcontinent, for example) should improve with time. I've heard MANY times where the commentator mentions how the pitch has flattened out in the 2nd innings of a ODI, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X