This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2015 Features Request

Please Note: There are still some existing Cricket Captain features that are due to be patched in for 2014

Database Improvements:
    Add in South African Domestic.

Gameplay:
    Batsmen seem too bat a little too quickly, Moeen Ali scored 200 off 150 in a FC game but this might be just me.
    Be offered new jobs.
    Be able to get fired.

Interface:

Management:
    Option to manage 2nd team and U19 teams.

Other:
    Try work up the forum, add in a mention ability to call out Admins and have a more definite title system (Youth, 2nd, Squad filler, Young hope, Occasional 1st team player, Regular 1st team player, 1st team star, International hopeful etc.)

Comment

My main hope for future versions is the ability to have some say over the fixtures, would love to have longer test series and play more test cricket in general.

Comment

Generated players should sometimes bowl with a different hand than they bat with - this is an obvious error in my opinion and would be very easy to change

Looking at current international cricket, this is true of many players: Alastair Cook, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Michael Clarke, David Warner, Chris Gayle, to name a few

Comment

Originally posted by JVW View Post
          Generated players should sometimes bowl with a different hand than they bat with - this is an obvious error in my opinion and would be very easy to change

Looking at current international cricket, this is true of many players: Alastair Cook, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Michael Clarke, David Warner, Chris Gayle, to name a few
          Albie Morkel is another one...

Comment

That the batsmen get out caught in a normal way, instead of edging it and being caught out all the while!

Comment

Also the ability to create players, that would be pretty damn good. Create yourself on it and see how you get on

Comment

Any player who is made the captain shall lead from the front mostly even if he is a mediocre player! It applies to all rounders and bowlers mostly! And it applied to batsmen only till 2012 ICC.. But in 2013 ICC it didnt apply to batsmen who were captains!

Comment

Originally posted by estmsm View Post
                  Any player who is made the captain shall lead from the front mostly even if he is a mediocre player! It applies to all rounders and bowlers mostly! And it applied to batsmen only till 2012 ICC.. But in 2013 ICC it didnt apply to batsmen who were captains!
                  Is appointing the captain mentioned in the guide?
                  I just give it to the player in the best form

Comment

1. The biggest one which I feel should be the biggest priority is to better the 'careers' we have in games. At the moment if you get bored/feel you have done enough with 1 team you have to start the game again. We should be able to be sacked/move teams.

2. Be given aims/targets at the start of the season for each competition. If we dont meet these aims then potentially get sacked etc.

3. Ability to arrange tours/fixtures during international career.

4. More player interaction. I want the game to feel more life like.

5. Chance to pick a development or an 'A' side during international careers in order to try and develop youngsters with a view to promoting them to the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanky View Post

5. Chance to pick a development or an 'A' side during international careers in order to try and develop youngsters with a view to promoting them to the first team.
                      The nearest I can get to this is to pick an A team when I tour Bangladesh!!

Comment

Jimmy Neesham is another who bats / bowlers with different hands

I reckon there should be an 'All' option for country coaching, so if you get sick of one squad you can get offered the chance to coach another

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga View Post
                          Jimmy Neesham is another who bats / bowlers with different hands

I reckon there should be an 'All' option for country coaching, so if you get sick of one squad you can get offered the chance to coach another
                          For the County, State, Big Bash and IPL parts of the game you can "earn" the right to manage your chosen country
                          .. maybe this could be utilised so that if you do well a larger/better club might offer you the job.

Comment

Please note that these observations are based off the 2012 iphone game - some of these issues could have been rectified or updated.

1) I would like to see a more realistic development of 'real' players in the game and the use of regens in the game. I tend to find that for the most part, the only new players called into England teams are regens and very rarely 'existing' county performers. Playing the game until the end of the 2016 game, I regularly find that at least 4-5 regens have found their way into the team and the rest of the team is made up of the players that would have been picked in 2012. I suspect that if you looked at the England team in 2019, it is likely to contain players who are currently playing country cricket or who are starting out in county cricket but at their respective county sides.

I think there are two main issues with this. First, top performers in the game are never rewarded for their performances - I have regularly had games where bowlers such as Naik or Borthwick are taking 85-100 wickets each year consistently (and scoring runs) or batsmen like Robson, Compton, Stokes are scoring 1,600+ runs for 3 seasons in a row but never receive a call up in any format.

Secondly, highly rated young players never seem to get any better or sometimes even get picked. I am currently playing a game with Yorkshire in 2017 and Daniel Bell Drummond has still played only 8 FC games, Chris Jordan has played 32 FC games, Tymal Mills has played 4 FC games, Harry Gurney has played 23 FC games, Mark Wood has played 3 FC games, Matt Dunn has played 4 FC games, Jamie Overton has played 34 FC games, Craig Overton and Shiv Thakor appear to have retired. I appreciate that predicting which players will go on to be a success is not an exact science, but it seems to me as if there is a complete lack of development of potential good 'real' cricketers in the game and the lazy option is taken to make regens the new stars of the game.

2) Wicket keeper attributes - is there a way that a keeper's ability as a keeper can be analysed other than looking at the number of byes that are conceded? The same could apply to fielding - i.e. noting if a fielder is a particularly good slip fielder.

3) Stats - I am sure lots of people have posted in relation to stats before - but is it possible that you can look at each players yearly stats for each season you play rather than just the current season and the two seasons prior to the current season? At international level, it would be great if you could see how a player has performed against different countries.

4) Historic scorecards - it would be a nice touch to also be able to look at old scorecards from previous seasons or international seasons. It's a shame not to be able to look back at previous achievements or matches.

5) Overseas signings -can more detail be added in the overseas player's profile as to the date they would return from the IPL and the dates of any tours they might be involved in?

Comment

I totally understand that this year's game is more setting up for a brighter future in further years, and to that end I do hope some of the things I've been after for quite a while might be able to be implemented.

Being able to play as associates and develop them over time would be a great idea in my opinion. It's especially relevant now that the ICC has finally created a clear pathway for associate teams to be able to play test cricket. This also leads into something else I think would be a very good idea as it would obviously be necessary if the ability for teams to gain/lose(?) test status became a feature, malleable fixtures. It must be possible seeing as finals are played in the game between games depending on where they are on the points tables for domestic competitions and world cups, so surely it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have fixtures change depending on what teams are where on the rankings board. Obviously in real life, the more highly rated teams tend to attract greater numbers of tests in their test series (yes it's mostly Australia, England and India, but South Africa have a potential 4-test series with Aus in the works and I'm sure that them being pretty much the best test-cricket team in the world at the moment has something to do with it), so it would make sense that if one was to captain Bangladesh to the number 1 spot over time, that they would then be able to play more series against stronger opposition, and/or have more tests included in those series.

More domestic competitions would always be welcome, a greater variety of teams to play as is definitely not something I'd ever complain about. South Africa seems to be the competition that's most requested, and it would probably make sense that it would be the next one added, though Indian domestic cricket (perhaps incorporated with the IPL too?) could also be a good choice.

Some sort of A team touring would be quite fun and add another layer to the game, though I'm unsure exactly how the AI would handle selecting teams for this.

All in all I'm not too unhappy with this year's game - getting used to the new layout slowly, though I still feel like the old UI was a little more intuitive, at least on PC. I can definitely see how it'd come together and work on the mobile platforms as well. Look forward to some genuine steps forward next year now that you've got more control on the coding level!

Comment

Working...
                              X