Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are several things that I would like to see but the most important one for me would be the introduction of more International teams to manage. If we could somehow incorporate the World Cricket League (http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-cri.../wcl-divisions) and the World Cup Qualifying Tournaments for T20 and ODI that would be great - so you could manage Ireland or Afghanistan or one of the smaller nations like Jersey or Guernsey and try to get them to qualify for the World Cup, whilst also playing 4 day games against other Associate countries. Perhaps in future, if your country does well enough you could earn Test status - although I appreciate in practice this would be difficult to implement.

Other ideas would be to introduce to loan system so that you can get players in (or send players out for match practice) and also the ability to sign additional overseas players mid-season if yours (for example) gets injured or called up by their country. I also don't really understand the idea of having a 'replacement' overseas player - surely you should be able to sign 2 and just play 1 of them?

The introduction of 'out-grounds' would also be a good feature - so Surrey play the odd game at Guildford and Kent play at Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone etc. and maybe having statistics for each ground (capacity, pitch size (chance of 4's/6's/high/low scores), highest partnerships at the ground, whether the ground has floodlights etc). Potentially you could invest some of your budget in ground development so that you can gain the chance to host International matches and therefore increase revenue that way (as Hampshire have with the Rose Bowl for example).

Another thing I would like is for 'Kolpak' players to be able to qualify to play for England by completing their residency period (4/5 years I think).

It would also be good to play multiple leagues simultaneously so it's not just England OR Australia OR India but all being live within the game (as in Championship Manager) so you can see who is performing well in the other global leagues and potentially move from one county job to a state job in another country.

Finally, the introduction of 'A' Team tours and maybe Under-19 games would be good - especially if you get to pick those squads (but not necessarily play their games live) to see who might be a future Test player.

All in all though it's a brilliant game and these requests are just ideas to make it even better.

Comment

Here is the easiest way to introduce the SA Domestic franchise:

It is formatted exactly as the Australian State except the 2nd teams are regional teams so Gauteng, North-West etc. Players can be dropped to the 2nd team and can be promoted from the 2nd team. U19 has the same ability if U19 were to be added...

Comment

I'd quite like 2nd XI cricket to be real and manageable, more FC leagues around the world would be good too.

Also, I don't know if this affects others but I like keeping with one side for years as normally I get a young star who I like to see if I can get to 1,000 wickets or so. It'd be nice if the match aggregate scores don't reduce, especially in OD cricket. At the start of the game, 240-260 is quite easily achievable whereas 15 years in, 180 is often a winning score.

Lastly, some recognition of players doing well and being called into the England setup, a bowler taking 90+ wickets per season at 25 should get more than 5-6 caps especially when they are successful in those 5-6 games.

Comment

Can we please bring back being able to change a youth players name ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga View Post
            Can we please bring back being able to change a youth players name ?
            That's on the fix list for this year's updates. Don't worry.

Great thead here. Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming. Still working on this years at the moment, but will go through this in detail with the team.

Comment

I'd still love the option of clearing the rosters of all teams at the start and then going through a fantasy draft. That would make me feel like it was truly my team that I was managing from the start.

Comment

I think being able to select an A team, not needing to play as them, just to be able to select them.

I also think the naviagtion when picking a side is more difficult on this version, making this basic would help alot

. i spend most of my time scrolling for a player that i like, maybe have a search bar so you can search for a player.

Also Aaron Finch is a dud in this game, i dont know if you hate hime or not Chris but he is a quality T20 player & ODI player but he cant even make runs in the domestic T20 or OD teams.

Definatly the A team is big on my list.

Also i like the idea of coaching Afganistan and other associate countries, aswell as being sacked and offered new jobs etc.
                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

1) I think in-game notifications of player milestones would be a good addition. I don't know to what extent people would want this but perhaps a notification could pop up when the following occurs:

Individual high score or best bowling figures;

When a players scores a fifty or a hundred, how many he has scored that season and/or in his career;

An international player gets to a 1000 run or 100 wicket target or moves into the top 10/20 runscorers or wicket takers for his country;

Perhaps this could be an option you could either turn on or off depending on the detail you want.

2) This might be an iphone only issue, but I remember in the earlier iterations of ICC you could see what the scores were in other county matches, so you could see if you might need to attack to get an extra bonus point. I think it would be useful to have this back, perhaps alongside a 'real-time' league table reflecting the bonus points obtained?

Comment

I'd like a simple thing added. Surely if you're the captain you should be in the team. I think at the start of a game you should be able to make your player, define your playing style (i.e. offside, front foot, etc...) and be automatically included in the county team.

I realise that means that when you become a national player you will immediately have to be captain too. But this isn't unheard of in cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughesy View Post
                      1) I think in-game notifications of player milestones would be a good addition. I don't know to what extent people would want this but perhaps a notification could pop up when the following occurs:

Individual high score or best bowling figures;

When a players scores a fifty or a hundred, how many he has scored that season and/or in his career;

An international player gets to a 1000 run or 100 wicket target or moves into the top 10/20 runscorers or wicket takers for his country;

Perhaps this could be an option you could either turn on or off depending on the detail you want.

2) This might be an iphone only issue, but I remember in the earlier iterations of ICC you could see what the scores were in other county matches, so you could see if you might need to attack to get an extra bonus point. I think it would be useful to have this back, perhaps alongside a 'real-time' league table reflecting the bonus points obtained?
                      I like both of these suggestions especially for maiden 50's/100''s and career best scores as I keep looking these up as I go. A live league table would be good for championship games.

Comment

Associates is a big one that I would love, I would also like the opportunity to switch teams and formats. Improving the contracts side of the game would be great too.

Comment

Greats feature has promise but two additional features would be most welcome;

1-let me select custom teams, not just based on nations (so Hobbs, Gavaskar, Bradman, Imran, Muralitharan etc. on the one team)
                          2-make current players that would be greats based on their BEST time (ie. Younis Khan would be from his peak not from now)

Comment

1. Statistics for players during and at the end of each series. Maybe a running tally of their tests/odi's on ICC separate and apart from "real world" statistics.
                            2. A complete player database from the 1800's to the present. (RSC Test Cricket (a free online cricket simulation) has a complete data base up to 2009 for tests only. Last time I checked, the guy wanted to sell the site)
                            3. Day/night fixtures for ODI's and t/20's (not as easy with graphics understandably)
                            4. Let retired players (those who played ODI's/ t/20) play in WC, CT and T/20 competitions
                            5. When starting a series let the user pick the grounds where the matches will be played
                            6. Triangular and quadrangual ODI and t/20 series
                            7. Have national A teams play and tour to keep fringe players and those out of form in practice.
                            8. See pitch and weather conditions before selecting the team(s)

Comment

Originally posted by petrob23 View Post
                              1. Statistics for players during and at the end of each series. Maybe a running tally of their tests/odi's on ICC separate and apart from "real world" statistics.
                              2. A complete player database from the 1800's to the present. (RSC Test Cricket (a free online cricket simulation) has a complete data base up to 2009 for tests only. Last time I checked, the guy wanted to sell the site)
                              3. Day/night fixtures for ODI's and t/20's (not as easy with graphics understandably)
                              4. Let retired players (those who played ODI's/ t/20) play in WC, CT and T/20 competitions
                              5. When starting a series let the user pick the grounds where the matches will be played
                              6. Triangular and quadrangual ODI and t/20 series
                              7. Have national A teams play and tour to keep fringe players and those out of form in practice.
                              8. See pitch and weather conditions before selecting the team(s)
                              Do you mean number 8 for international? Good idea

As you can already do this in domestic games.

Comment

Would love to see a World XI option for modern day and All time greats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X