Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if anyone else has had similar problems but I've played every game since the 2007 release and always had one huge issue with gameplay. My bowlers never EVER get runs. I have never got a fifty with any bowler no matter what the situation, the batting aggression or the strength of the opposition. Moreover, when I just want them to do what a lot are capable of in real life and just bat out whilst my batsman gets run, so I go bottom aggression, they get ducks!! So infuriating, picture have a batting line up where Stokes comes in at 8, Broad 9, Borthwick 10 and anderson 11, and they frequently collapse, not ever mustering 50 runs between them, let alone one of them!! To make matters worse I have had many teams where I'm bowling anderson and broad at their tail end and they're 10 and 11 get huge partnerships and record top scores! Why does this happen?! Also, anderson is 34 in my game, 500+ test wickets and now is averaging 40, whilst whoever my 3rd seamer is, is always going at 5+ an over, this all seem ridiculous and frankly unrealistic.

P.S. I think it is very poor that the administrators don't seem to look let alone reply to this thread. Do you care about what your customers think?!

Comment

• Personally I'm in favour of the game shifting towards Football Manager style;

A first team and a second team or U18's, the ability to invest in youth academies, the ability to train youngsters. A more active scouting and transfer market.

Attributes are also a nice thing, it doesn't have to be on a scale of 0-100 or 0-20 but can be more abstract for example, we should have a coach or assistant who can give you his judgement on the talent of the player. Yes, I know we're meant to judge that ourselves, that element is still there, especially when it comes to judging their future potential.

Coach reports/scout reports would be very useful, especially on the international stage where often, if you're not familiar with the teams you're going by averages, ages, and match experience. There's a lack of filter options for this, which becomes troublesome as you manage the team and lots of new youngsters pop up with inflated scores, or older players who haven't had a debut yet do well but you need to exclude them because they're too old to be a decent long term prospect in terms of building up international experience and such.

A coach report could be like this;

Name, Age;

Batting ability: "XXX is a exceptional defensive opener, he is a well rounded player with no discerning weaknesses."

Batting potential: "XXX is batting at close to his potential."

Bowling ability: "XXX is a reasonable fast-medium bowler, his wicket taking ability is excellent but he is not consistent enough to restrict the opposition at scoring." or "XXX is a reasonable fast-medium bowler, his wicket taking ability is average but he is extremely accurate and can frustrate batsmen by denying them run-scoring shots."

Bowling potential: "XXX Is close to his full potential"

Suggestions as to how to train them would also be useful; "This player may benefit from XXX technique training."

I'd also like to see personalities make an appearance, these things could affect their ability to handle pressure and their professionalism could affect whether they reach their potential or not, rather that just being a pure skills game.

Contracts could then be more dynamic, with squad statuses, offering players a role in the first team, or as a future prospect.

The coach reports could be useful for those who want to forge their own club image, it could also point out weaknesses that might not be readily available by watching the match engine. I see some players get out by slashing cut shots outside off that bounce off the top edge to slips. Is that a technique issue, a good ball by the bowler? Or was it a temperamental shot affected by nerves?

As it is, the game is very 'plain' on this front and has been for ages. There's no doubting the match engine is good, but team management and building has always been very 'meh' for me. I don't identify with players, I'm identifying their statistics and that's very dull. A bit more personality would go a long way, especially in youth development and squad building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Please Note: There are still some existing Cricket Captain features that are due to be patched in for 2014
        More coaching for everyone in your squad, more behind the scenes stuff?

Comment

• I'd hate to see this game become too complicated, as its beauty and playability is in its simplicity.
          I would like to see all squad players be able to access the same level of coaching though, even knowing that the younger ones are most likely to benefit.
          Last edited by GrahamB; 05-09-2015, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• I agree on not going to deep with micro-management. Our best asset is the match engine, and that should always be our focus and where we want to spend the most time playing the game, personally, I don't want to spend gaming time fiddling with really detailed training, etc, when I can be guiding my team to winning in the final hour of a Test Match. There are certainly areas we want/need to add to (and are in 2015 and beyond), but these are helping you to manage rather than adding things for you to manage or control.

You do raise a good point on coaching, Graham. This is an area of cricket that has changed so drastically over the last few years in the world of cricket.

Again, thanks for all your feedback. Pretty much impossible for us to reply to every request, but we do read this thread. We are very deep in 2015 development at the moment.

Comment

You do raise a good point on coaching, Graham. This is an area of cricket that has changed so drastically over the last few years in the world of cricket.
              I think it would be good if all players in a squad automatically got net practice, with random responses in terms of improvements (or possibly not) to form. One could then perhaps allocate (fewer?) technique sessions according to where one wants to develop talent.

Do players outside the domestic competitions also receive technique coaching, even though they are not being controlled (e.g. young up-and-coming players from other test nations?).

I think it might be nice to have 10 training sessions rather than 8 when managing a national side - perhaps 4 physio sessions also.

I actually liked the original ICC option (from back in 1998) of allowing one to double up on coaching - that way one could train bowling and batting (for an all-rounder), or double up on batting training for example.
              Last edited by Graham_5000; 05-11-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                I think it would be good if all players in a squad automatically got net practice, with random responses in terms of improvements (or possibly not) to form. One could then perhaps allocate (fewer?) technique sessions according to where one wants to develop talent.

Do players outside the domestic competitions also receive technique coaching, even though they are not being controlled (e.g. young up-and-coming players from other test nations?).

I think it might be nice to have 10 training sessions rather than 8 when managing a national side - perhaps 4 physio sessions also.

I actually liked the original ICC option (from back in 1998) of allowing one to double up on coaching - that way one could train bowling and batting (for an all-rounder), or double up on batting training for example.
                It would be nice to see improvements to training without having too much extra management.

Also when players play for 2nd XI they only ever get 1 innings. They should be getting either 1 or 2 innings depending on if a first class or limited overs game is played by the first team.

Comment

I agree on not going to deep with micro-management. Our best asset is the match engine, and that should always be our focus and where we want to spend the most time playing the game..........
                  Yes - for sure!
                  That plus the building your own squad aspect via the contract system.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastWicket View Post
                    It would be nice to see improvements to training without having too much extra management.

Also when players play for 2nd XI they only ever get 1 innings. They should be getting either 1 or 2 innings depending on if a first class or limited overs game is played by the first team.
                    Indeed! Agree on both.

Comment

• Will Kevin Pietersen still be banned (retired in-game) for England in 2015 version as he is still technically available for selection?

Comment

• - An expanded first class game, with a better Australian system and other first class options. For instance a SA game, and the ability to actually transfer players in overseas leagues, so you're not just handed some academy players for Aus. As an English player, it would be interesting to play an overseas league like SA and be able to have an English overseas.
                        - More credit given to Zimbabwean and Bangladeshi players (who are pretty useless in international mode), and perhaps an expanded international game as well with the option to play as associates in intercontinental cups etc.
                        - An improved engine to make the game more realistic, i.e. players not scoring 200 off 150 balls in FC, a better balanced T20 game, a more balanced game (for instance, players like Stoke and Ali for England are unrealistically good, whereas someone like J Taylor is pretty hit and miss). Also, a game that catches up with the modern game, for instance, more teams are scoring close to 350 in OD and 220 in T20, a better engine/set of algorithms for batsmen in one dayers.
                        - The options to a) change preferences for matches, i.e. if I were to uncheck T20 at the beginning of a game, to be able to change that option later and b) the chance to get fired or be offered a job elsewhere, not just for the country you choose at the beginning after one good season. For instance, the ability to coach a county, then maybe find work for an associate, and then country etc. Something to keep the game interesting after a few seasons. I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that, after around eight FC seasons, I get a bit bored and have to start again or walk away. Eventually your team gets so overpowered that it would be good to leave them, take up a weak side and build them up.
                        - Access to associate players in first class, for instance offering Afghani or Kenyan players contracts.
                        - Also, more of a player edit, make left armers automatically go over the wicket.

Frankly, I think it would be a good time to have a bit of an overhaul of the game. For those of us who have been with it a long time. Keeping the core dynamics of the game, the simple gameplay etc, and embellishing it and making it a more rewarding and immersive experience.
                        Last edited by geoffrey223; 05-23-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Any news on how the new stadiums are going and any other feature that could be added to 2015.

It would also be interesting to know which players abilities should improved or reduced from that last database update from 2014 version.

Comment

• One extra thing I'd like to see is the full history of each player - who they've played for previously and their stats while there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                              One extra thing I'd like to see is the full history of each player - who they've played for previously and their stats while there.
                              Definitely, would like to see this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                                One extra thing I'd like to see is the full history of each player - who they've played for previously and their stats while there.
                                I agree that this would be great.

I notice that a number of people have posted saying they find the game hard. I personally (having played since 1998!) don't find the game hard or easy (just right in fact), but perhaps there is a case for making the "easy" setting easier?

I think normal is fine as it is! If one needs a tougher challenge, one can manage a weaker team/country of course.

Looking forward to the new game!

Comment

Working...
                                X