This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GamerNintendo25 View Post
    We need to have some Slow Left Arm Chinaman(SLC)bowlers(ie, Brad Hogg, Brad Hodge, Juldeep Yadav, etc). It's minor, but it would be nice.
    Brad Hodge Bowls Right Arm Off Spin
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

• Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
      For me, it would add more realism to the game. It seems like the easiest game to include in the game so whether addition of this feature has any real affect on anything else doesn't matter in my eyes.

I'm sure having a captaincy feature at all has no real meaning/affect but why do you think it's still in the game?
      i dont know what it does, i usually leave it on the one person for as long as i can, i dont mind who it is thought.
      ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

• I remember reading somewhere that naming a player captain gives that player a boost. No idea if that's actually true or not, I don't really think that it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by powercord84 View Post
          I remember reading somewhere that naming a player captain gives that player a boost. No idea if that's actually true or not, I don't really think that it is.
          The AI picks certain players as captain, so there must be a stat behind it and it'd be interesting to see who these other chaps were.
          Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam View Post
            Brad Hodge Bowls Right Arm Off Spin

These exist, looks for LS bowlers who bat left handed.

Comment

• I think being able to select the Pitch type for home Tests, ODIs, & T20s.

If i have 2 quality spinners in my national side then Id choose a pitch that turns, likewise if I dont have any spinner that are any good I would pick a Seamers Pitch.

As well as the obvious A team selection, they are probably the 2 biggest issues for me.
              ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

• L
                Originally posted by Cam View Post
                I think being able to select the Pitch type for home Tests, ODIs, & T20s.

If i have 2 quality spinners in my national side then Id choose a pitch that turns, likewise if I dont have any spinner that are any good I would pick a Seamers Pitch.
                This

Comment

• For the scenario packs, there should be more. It's just an enjoyable thing to do. I think that, in addition to the England-India scenarios, there should be some for The Ashes, The Border-Gavaskar Trophy(Australia-India), Australia-New Zealand, Australia-South Africa, South Africa-England, South Africa-India, South Africa-Pakistan, West Indies-England, West Indies-Australia, West Indies-Pakistan, Pakistan-India, Pakistan-New Zealand, Pakistan-England, etc.

Comment

• Sorry, I get confused between Hogg and Hodge(as to which is the batsman and which is the bowler)so I named then both there just in case.

Comment

• Would really love to see more options with overseas signings!
                      1) change reserve to two players but can only play one - or even make it more realistic and be able to sign players for a certain amount of weeks
                      2) know exactly when they potentially won't be able to play due to IPL or international cricket
                      most importantly to me >> 3) be able to approach anyone in world cricket! maybe they say they aren't interested, but it's really frustrating knowing you want someone like Pat Cummings as a long term overseas player or Mominul Haque due to him rarely being away but them never coming up to be able to sign!
                      4) loan signings
                      5) hired/fired/change jobs
                      6) coaching staff who suggest training options for players (maybe only international, but domestic would be great too!!)

Comment

• For me, I would love to see an additional difficulty level or two - between easy and normal.

Development of the strategic layer of the game would be cool too. Perhaps the ability to spend funds on your stadium and infrastructure, advertising and outreach to build interest in the game resulting in bigger crowd numbers and more/better young players coming through in the much longer term.

Comment

• Player attributes a must for sports sim games in my opinion..It would be of great help to have some in players profile page..Even for basic categories(Stamina could be one of them). After 3-4seasons where you count more on fictional players it would be nice to have an alternative way to judge their development(as well as the decline of aging players).
                          Also it would be nice to have an extra stop between matches. Maybe more analysed news section or an extra physio-coaching session.

Comment

• About difficulty: As i understand one of the best aspects of this game is the refined match engine..Having played though many Sports GM games i wonder if players attributes are much overated. With a bad team in hand it seems impossible to win. No matter strategies or weather. This is for First Class Cricket. I had to stop dealing with T20 for now because i was not competitive at all and it was getting frustrating. I think that correct in game strategies should be better rewarded.

Comment

• Not a request..Just a note from a newbie (on ICC & Cricket as well). Finding this game quite addictive due to the very interesting storylines it can generate:
                              After a mediocre 1st season with Somerset i signed an all around youngster due to his impressive batting stats. His bowling was promising but his bat was the reason for me..Being short on bowlers i signed J.Khan plus a reserve spinner..On an amazing turn of events the youngster turned out to be a first class seamer(he was chosen for the English National Squad)- but not even close to the batsman i expected- leaving me to handle a team with a very strong bowling department but quite short on offence. The match engine underlines the unbalance of my team leading to wins with incredible bowling performances and losses where my line up collapses (145 all out is my new all time low record against Northamptonshire-but i'll blame the English weather).
                              In my eyes this is a quite sophisticated approach something that i don't see often even in more polished sports sims (soccer,baseball & ice-hockey).
                              As i wrote on a previous post i just wish i could spend more time to a player's profile page. Some ratings or maybe facegen would add to the emotional part.

PS. Is there a time schedule for the next release?

Comment

• Yeah it is pretty impressive really as a game isn't it?

And even my suggestion about an intermediate difficulty level should be taken with a grain of salt - normal seems like a perfectly balanced real life scenario, and easy seems a little easier. I just cant quite seem to cut it as a 'real life' captain

Comment

Working...
                                X