Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been told that Peter Ingram should have a slight off-side preference rather than leg side preference

Comment

Wheater is way too good as well. Is it not time to change how you give people rankings? At least for the English and Australian teams where I'm sure people will be willing to rank them for you, just seems a bit odd to use such an agricultural way of getting peoples ranking of basically using their average to give them a ranking. That's how it looks like its done from the outside looking in.

Is it not possible to nerf Sri Lankan/West Indian spinners rankings by using some sort of mulitiplier when you rank them? So if they average 20 in domestic stuffe they'd be ranked as good as a test bowler who average 28-32. Based on presumption that you're simply feeding peoples averages into some sort of formula couldn't you just times their bowling averages by 1.4 or some like. Likewise for India batsmen whom bat mostly on flat pitches revise it down by 0.8 or some like.

I also think for next game player's need format specific ability and roles. I'd say it's probably a must to be honest.

Comment

I just skipped a game for middlesex and I had 5. bowlers including two alrounders(paul stirling and simon crook). Despite this scott newman bowled about 15 overs and stirling didnt bowl a single over and crook only bowled 3. WHY?

Comment

I have noticed Bell bowling for England as well and he has not bowled for years, he bowls ahead of Trott who is actually part time bowler, and he gets wickets!

Comment

Kumar Sangakkara: Don't really think Sangakkara should be an opener anymore, now that Dilshan is also an opener. Sri Lanka now just open with the pair of them and Jayawardene at three.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
              Wheater is way too good as well. Is it not time to change how you give people rankings? At least for the English and Australian teams where I'm sure people will be willing to rank them for you, just seems a bit odd to use such an agricultural way of getting peoples ranking of basically using their average to give them a ranking. That's how it looks like its done from the outside looking in.
              That's pretty much how I assumed that they did things.

Is it not possible to nerf Sri Lankan/West Indian spinners rankings by using some sort of mulitiplier when you rank them? So if they average 20 in domestic stuffe they'd be ranked as good as a test bowler who average 28-32. Based on presumption that you're simply feeding peoples averages into some sort of formula couldn't you just times their bowling averages by 1.4 or some like. Likewise for India batsmen whom bat mostly on flat pitches revise it down by 0.8 or some like.
              I like the sound of that - I reckon you may well be onto something!

I also think for next game player's need format specific ability and roles. I'd say it's probably a must to be honest.
              Amen to that!
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Sometimes this game annoys me :/ My third reserve wicket keeper(Phil Nevil) who I've picked once in one season got picked for Australia. HOW can his selection be justified if he's been picked once for new south wales and got 10? They can base his selection upon second eleven matches surely.

Comment

If hes getting picked for Aus he shouldnt be third choice lol!!

Comment

I really consider Chris Nash (Sussex) as an all rounder
                    Has bowled in all 3 comps this year
                    As well as being Sussex's best bowler in T20 8 @ 12.75 !!

When he first joined Sussex he was an out and out bowler, so definately has the ability there
                    Overs only really get reduced due to the large amount of spinners in the team (Panaser, Yardy, Rayner, Beer)

Comment

Lets add him to the list of opener-all rounders then:

Shane Watson - Aus
                      Tillakaratne Dilshan - SL
                      Sanath Jayasuriya - SL
                      Chris Gayle - WI
                      Virender Sehwag - Ind
                      Mohammad Hafeez - Pak
                      Tom Smith - Eng
                      Rory Hamilton-Brown - Eng
                      Arul Suppiah - Eng
                      Chris Nash - Eng

Have I forgotten anyone?

Comment

I'm not sure that I would really class Sehwag as an all rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
                          Lets add him to the list of opener-all rounders then:

Shane Watson - Aus
                          Tillakaratne Dilshan - SL
                          Sanath Jayasuriya - SL
                          Chris Gayle - WI
                          Virender Sehwag - Ind
                          Mohammad Hafeez - Pak
                          Tom Smith - Eng
                          Rory Hamilton-Brown - Eng
                          Arul Suppiah - Eng
                          Chris Nash - Eng

Have I forgotten anyone?
                          Rob Nicol and George Worker from NZ

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                            I agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                              131 international wickets?
                              261 total wickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
                                131 international wickets?
                                261 total wickets?
                                having lots of injuries do u still think sehwag will ball in future
                                After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                                Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X