Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Jade Dernbach available for England yet?

Comment

I may been wrong but shouldn't Darren Sammy be 'RFM' and not 'RM'

Comment

Hamish Marshall is listed as 'Gloucestershire & Ireland'.

Also, Cosgrove is still starting for Australia.

Comment

Graham Swann only makes the England team as the 12th man, they choose to play Toby Roland-Jones from Middlesex, who plays every now and then for Middlesex in real life. Swann is really underrated on the game and Toby Roland Jones is very overrated. Bresnan and Finn should be the bowlers in reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steely123 View Post
            Graham Swann only makes the England team as the 12th man, they choose to play Toby Roland-Jones from Middlesex, who plays every now and then for Middlesex in real life. Swann is really underrated on the game and Toby Roland Jones is very overrated. Bresnan and Finn should be the bowlers in reserve.
            Is this using a save from the 10.08 database? It should have been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorg View Post
              Hamish Marshall is listed as 'Gloucestershire & Ireland'.

Also, Cosgrove is still starting for Australia.
              Marshall is eligible for Ireland in about 7/8 months, and Ireland play no games ingame between the start and then.

But yes, Cosgrove still gets picked!

Comment

Tim Philips bats 11 for Essex and is actully a decent batsmen, in the game averages about 6 in 2nd 11 cricket lol

Adam Wheater very overated also, yes is a good player and looks good for the future but not quite there yet!

Comment

Post about Lancs a team which seem to be hugely underrated on the game. Proven by the difficultly in achieving success similar to the squad in the current season.

Agathangelou - He has an average of +30 but all of this was achieved for his SA team. For Lancs he has not played a single game this year, nor been in any of the squads chosen prior to matches purely because he is not good enough. He has spent his season with the 2nd's and has not done very well for them. In general on the game I find it way too easy to score big runs with him and personally I think his ability should be reduced.

Brown - Underrated on the game due to his poor average previous to this season starting. Already this year he has hit one 100 and two 50's at a quite slow scoring rate. Also has done well in the T20's this season hitting two 50's at a brisk rate. Thus his ability should be increased as it is quite hard to score good runs with him currently.

Croft - Seen in the previous database errors thread, he has moved to OS. Which with a new game still has not been changed. Has been bowling very very average OS for well over a year now.

Clark - Set as a defensive style which I would totally disagree with. This year in the T20 he had 8 innings hitting 127 runs at an average of 21, with a strike rate of 138. More of a boundary hitter.

Procter - Another one underrated. Getting quite a lot of games this season and has hit a couple of 50's in the county championship upping his average to 35. Also his bowling has done better than expected. Nothing special but still taken some big name wickets.

Smith - I know cricinfo says he is a medium pace bowler, but when on sky cameras he has regularly hit mid 80's, so surely he should be listed as a RMF?

Khan & Maharoof - One major problem when T20 comes around. You can't play both of them as has been done for Lancs this season. For the second half of the season Maharoof will be away for sri lanka's T20 and then test matches so Junaid should be first choice and Maharoof should be a T20 signing which should combat that problem.

Also to finish off I feel the player contract amount should be reduced significantly. The reason we have such a small squad was due to finance problems as we are in the middle of redeveloping. Long story short, Lancs were challenged in court meaning money had to be thrown at that which meant it was hard to finance players. Current squad has been playing for cheap amounts, including Khan (who we signed for a "dirt cheap" amount). In the last month Lancs have won the court case, meaning the redevelopment can continue and in the next few years money will be put in to expand the sqaud. Second year on the game currently it is very hard to expand unless some of the weaker players with big wages move on or retire.
                  Last edited by azaking; 07-29-2011, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Jonathan Trott is underrated. He's one of the best batsmen in the world at the moment and is very consistent, but in the game it is almost impossible, even on Easy, to maintain the averages he starts off with. And when it's the computer who's controlling him, he doesn't seem to do very well at all.

Comment

I think wages in game are based purely on ability, so it is a bit hard to reduce them without making players worse

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                        I think wages in game are based purely on ability, so it is a bit hard to reduce them without making players worse
                        It cant be, Lancs have a player called Newby who's on 40k and is a very poor bowler that goes at 5/6 in real life and similar on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                          Marshall is eligible for Ireland in about 7/8 months, and Ireland play no games ingame between the start and then.

But yes, Cosgrove still gets picked!
                          Thanks for that, it is certainly news to me. He could be a very handy player for Ireland.

Comment

Tom Cooper plays for netherlands and south australia. In icc2011 hes considered an overseas player for south australia. This means we can't pick him for south australia as the overseas players change each year for state sides. He is a local player for south australia in real life so hope this is changed soon.
                            Also I've noticed that some very talented youngsters never get picked for their respective counties. I'll name a few of the top of my head: M Bates, S Elstone, S Meaker, P Stirling, etc. If they never do get picked then why do they get their contracts renewed on most occasions? And also why don't the players retire if they don't picked for 6 to 7 consecutive seasons?
                            The second problem probably could be looked at for icc2012 .

Comment

Also why does samaraweera for sri lanka bowl so much? He hasnt bowled a single over for sri lanka over the past 2 to 3 years and yet hes already bowled 505 overs for sri lanka by november 2011 in icc2011. Infact hes not even an alrounder anymore. He hasnt even bowled in first class cricket at all for the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                                Also why does samaraweera for sri lanka bowl so much? He hasnt bowled a single over for sri lanka over the past 2 to 3 years and yet hes already bowled 505 overs for sri lanka by november 2011 in icc2011. Infact hes not even an alrounder anymore. He hasnt even bowled in first class cricket at all for the last 2 years.
                                Agree completely. Need to be made into a batsman for my liking.

The last over in test match cricket he bowled was 4 years ago and he's bowled 5 overs in ODI cricket in those 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X