Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does ring a bell I forgot to mention this guy does not bowl!!

Comment

Bopara should really be an allrounder the amount he bowls these days aswell.

Comment

Dont think he is an all-rounder, I think India are underated mostly there bowling, Kumar for one also the batting department Players who are in there mid to late 30's are as good if not better than ever with all there experience and class, Dravid for one!

After all they are the number one team in the world, I only see bowlers decrease in time and age, it dosent really affect batsmen!
        Last edited by Dutz; 07-30-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: Added more

Comment

Originally posted by Dutz View Post
          Dont think he is an all-rounder, I think India are underated mostly there bowling, Kumar for one also the batting department Players who are in there mid to late 30's are as good if not better than ever with all there experience and class, Dravid for one!

After all they are the number one team in the world, I only see bowlers decrease in time and age, it dosent really affect batsmen!
          I think most batsmen do decrease in time and age on most occasions actually. The main thing that is reflexes i guess that effect batsmen that are getting older. But there are many exceptions like sachin tendulkar, rahul dravid, mark ramprakash, graham gooch and many others.
          In reference to you thinking India underated, I think their batting is quite underated but not really their bowling. Sachin Tendulkar is INCREDIBLY underated in the game in my opinion!!!!

Comment

Despite it being said before, Thilan Samaraweera is still extremely over-rated with the ball. He plays nowadays as ONLY a batsman and hardly bowls whatsoever. Please rectify this in the next patch.

Comment

I just noticed Ian O'Brien plays for New Zealand in icc2011. I'm 100% sure he retired from international cricket last year so hope this is fixed in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                I just noticed Ian O'Brien plays for New Zealand in icc2011. I'm 100% sure he retired from international cricket last year so hope this is fixed in the next patch.
                Think he wants to play for NZ again!

Comment

Obviously ICC 2011 gets released while I'm in a foreign land. Currently enjoying the game but just endorsing/disagreeing with a few points mentioned on Lancashire.

Originally posted by azaking View Post
                  Agathangelou - He has an average of +30 but all of this was achieved for his SA team. For Lancs he has not played a single game this year, nor been in any of the squads chosen prior to matches purely because he is not good enough. He has spent his season with the 2nd's and has not done very well for them. In general on the game I find it way too easy to score big runs with him and personally I think his ability should be reduced.
                  I think it’s unfair to say he isn’t good enough just yet; he’s got a few decent players ahead of him and hasn’t had a run in the side. He’s not done too badly for the 2nds, scored three 50s and one 100 in the 2nd XI championship this year and had a few pretty good performances last year. I have, though, played the friendly vs Oxford at the start of the season and he smashed over 150 at a SR of about 80 so maybe it could be looked at.

Brown - Underrated on the game due to his poor average previous to this season starting. Already this year he has hit one 100 and two 50's at a quite slow scoring rate. Also has done well in the T20's this season hitting two 50's at a brisk rate. Thus his ability should be increased as it is quite hard to score good runs with him currently.
                  Looks like he’s finally getting a run in the side after 3/4 years on the fringes and he’s been looking good. Done well since coming into the T20 side aswell. Not sure if he’s underrated, I’d have to play the game a bit more.

Croft - Seen in the previous database errors thread, he has moved to OS. Which with a new game still has not been changed. Has been bowling very very average OS for well over a year now.
                  Bowls off spin now. Was right in 2010 (after the patches anyway). I sometimes call it Crofft-spin... he bowled himself a few times in the T20s, until he got Razzaqed for about 30 in an over and hasn’t bowled again. He defiantly isn’t RMF.

Clark - Set as a defensive style which I would totally disagree with. This year in the T20 he had 8 innings hitting 127 runs at an average of 21, with a strike rate of 138. More of a boundary hitter.
                  Only seen him in T20s so can’t be sure but from that he looks aggressive/ very aggressive, he’s come in late in the innings and hit a few sixes. Also I think he’s more a keeper batsman at most really, I think he kept wicket for the 2nds a few times last year along with Agathangelou but this year I don’t think either has kept wicket.

Procter - Another one underrated. Getting quite a lot of games this season and has hit a couple of 50's in the county championship upping his average to 35. Also his bowling has done better than expected. Nothing special but still taken some big name wickets.
                  I really like him, done pretty well when he’s got the chance this year. A very promising player, come on quite a bit in the last couple of years. More a batting all rounder but his bowling is handy. Seams to take wickets even in Championship cricket which surprised me a little.

Smith - I know cricinfo says he is a medium pace bowler, but when on sky cameras he has regularly hit mid 80's, so surely he should be listed as a RMF?
                  Yeah, mid 80s RFM. RMF is really for bowlers who occasionally push it above 90, which Smith doesn’t.

Khan & Maharoof - One major problem when T20 comes around. You can't play both of them as has been done for Lancs this season. For the second half of the season Maharoof will be away for sri lanka's T20 and then test matches so Junaid should be first choice and Maharoof should be a T20 signing which should combat that problem.
                  This is a problem. In an ideal world the overseas players system would be altered so reserve internationals could be selected as your second T20 international. As to who is main and who is reserve... Kahn shades it since he agreed to stay till the end of the season. The option of Maharoof as a T20 international is interesting and it probably depends on whether Kahn gets called up for Pakistan by the AI during the first domestic season. If so, yes, that would give the most realistic outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                    Despite it being said before, Thilan Samaraweera is still extremely over-rated with the ball. He plays nowadays as ONLY a batsman and hardly bowls whatsoever. Please rectify this in the next patch.
                    Maybe changing him from batsman to allrounder would rectify this?

Comment

I think in the first version of icc2011 samaraweera was not an alrounder but they seemed to have changed him back to an alrounder after the new patch was released.

Comment

Corey Anderson plays for ND now, not Canterbury
                        Kane Williamson should be strong spin bowling preference and strong back foot preference

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                          Hes decided he wants to make a comeback:
                          Iain O'Brien wants to return to international cricket and could start his comeback by playing for Wellington in the 2011-12 domestic season

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
                            Maybe changing him from batsman to allrounder would rectify this?
                            I think you mean all-rounder to batsman.

Comment

I think you mean all-rounder to batsman.
                              ... it was late.

Comment

Laxman listed as Very Aggressive seems very odd to me. Should be normal as far as I can tell, weird him striking at 70.

Comment

Working...
                                X