Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Yardy is he doesnt bowl in FC games, but is almost a lead spinner in shorter games

Comment

I agree but the thing is when I checked his stats he hadn't bowled a single over in any form. And for Ed Joyce to be bowling ahead of him, in any form, is absurd. It's like the game refuses to use spinners if the ball is less than 15 overs old and so resorts to part timers who are not actually part timers in real life.

Comment

Mike Hussey isn't a part-timer and he took a wicket for Aus recently...It does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
          Mike Hussey isn't a part-timer and he took a wicket for Aus recently...It does happen.
          I'm pretty sure he has a world cup wicket to his name, too - not the recent one, the one prior to that.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoonUnitExperience View Post
            I agree but the thing is when I checked his stats he hadn't bowled a single over in any form. And for Ed Joyce to be bowling ahead of him, in any form, is absurd. It's like the game refuses to use spinners if the ball is less than 15 overs old and so resorts to part timers who are not actually part timers in real life.
            Well it is only a game and it's not that absurd that it's a big drama.

Comment

As stated in cypercricketer's thread, Kyle Jarvis, the Zimbabwean pacer is completely absent!

Comment

Vernon Philander hasnt played for south africa for 4 years yet hes their 2nd best bowler in the game

Comment

I know part timers do occasionally bowl but not with a fairly new ball and not Ed Joyce. If he had bowled in 70th odd over before the new ball then that would be fine but he should not be the 2nd change bowler. And it had been happening consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                    Vernon Philander hasnt played for south africa for 4 years yet hes their 2nd best bowler in the game
                    He's an awesome bowler in real life to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoonUnitExperience View Post
                      I know part timers do occasionally bowl but not with a fairly new ball and not Ed Joyce. If he had bowled in 70th odd over before the new ball then that would be fine but he should not be the 2nd change bowler. And it had been happening consistently.
                      Didn't Younis Khan bowl first or second change in a test recently? Possibly against NZ?

Comment

I'm not sure but possibly there were injuries, à la Trott

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                          He's an awesome bowler in real life to be honest
                          Better than Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Tsotsobe?

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                            Better than Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Tsotsobe?
                            Quite possibly.

Comment

I'd say Morkel yes, the others no

Comment

Adam Maher of Tasmania is extremely over-rated. The reason he did so well last season was the very helpful pitches at first-class level in Tasmania. He is good, but not as good as he is in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X