This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.08 Database Errors Thread

Please update to patch 11.08, see the Stickied patch thread for further details.

In reference to the last thread, most of the reports have been corrected, only one off the top of my head I can think of who I didn't was Josh Cobb to all-rounder. He's more part-time bowler for me.

Also, I did miss the last 3-4 posts or so of the last one as I finalised the DB for this patch last night.

Numerous changes to player abilities as well.

Virat Kohli bowling OS to RM FIXED THANKS
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

After download the patch i turned my laptop off and on and ran the game, it came up with an error kind of message in a small box with 5 and and 5 underneath it, i pressed ok and it took me to the licensing bit where i had to re register my pass which i did when i first downloaded the game. Just letting you know.

I did it again and it all works fine.

Comment

It's not really an error, just a question. Should Kumar Sangakkara still be classed as an opener? I know he went through a phase of opening in ODIs, but he hasn't done it for a while to my knowledge. The game, understandably always defaults him to open in all forms of the game, which seems wrong to me, when he's been so set at 3 (or 4 sometimes) for so long.

Comment

Just realised that there is no Chris Jones in the Somerset squad. He's currently in the FC team, so should be in the game really. http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...er/355736.html

Comment

Originally posted by MUFC1987 View Post
            It's not really an error, just a question. Should Kumar Sangakkara still be classed as an opener? I know he went through a phase of opening in ODIs, but he hasn't done it for a while to my knowledge. The game, understandably always defaults him to open in all forms of the game, which seems wrong to me, when he's been so set at 3 (or 4 sometimes) for so long.
            I think I read somewhere else on the forum that Sangakkara had been classified as an opener to counter-balance the fact that Dilshan is classified as an all-rounder, rather than as an opener, because of the inability to have all-rounders who are also openers.

Comment

Dilshan is opener in new patch. We've discussed the creation of more roles (beyond the opener all-rounder), the flexibility would be useful.

Comment

For Zimbabwean players:

* Charles Coventry should be Very Aggressive, and probably shouldn't be a full keeper, he's more part-time
                * Elton Chigumbura should be RFM (or RMF, it always confuses me)
                * Vusi Sibanda should be an opener
                * Edward Rainsford should be RMF I think, he's described as one of the fastest bowlers in Zimbabwe cricket

Comment

Not really an error, as it's only just happened, but Surrey's Michael Brown retires from all cricket:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/14307101.stm

Comment

John Davison is still batting too low for Canada in the world cup he should not bat at 10 or 11 as he is now

Comment

Ah yes, that's on a different database to the main one. I'll sort it out in our next patch (there probably will be another 2011 patch, but it'll come once we've sorted out the iPhone/Pad versions).

Comment

Wayne Parnell is now called Whallid Parnell. We can change this ourselves I guess but it could easily be added if there is another patch.

Proteas fast bowler Wayne Parnell has converted from Christianity to Islam and could in future be known as "Whallid".

Comment

A few County Cricket things- mostly on Somerset as I see more of them than other sides.

Somerset

Some chap in the last thread told you to change Arul Suppiah to be an all rounder, not an opener. Please change this back: Suppiah has opened in every first class game Somerset have played for the last three years, and is only an occasional bowler. In One Day games, he doesn’t open, but neither is he a frontline bowler. He’s also not an Aggressive player, normal at most.

Marcus Trescothick should be better. He’s pretty good as is, but he’s the best batsman in English County Cricket by a comfortable distance in real life- just hit 1500 Championship runs for the season, 400 ahead of anyone else and he’s topped the charts or been close to it for three consecutive years. He scores most of Somerset’s runs in reality and I find he’s very inconsistent in game.

Nick Compton should be normal, not aggressive

Meschede and Gregory really should be better than they are, but this is a more general point about youth players already on the game I’ll make a thread about elsewhere.

Chris Jones really needs to be put back in the squad, he’s in the Championship side at the moment and was in the Somerset squad on 2010 but was removed for some reason. The same applies to James Burke and James Hayman, but neither of those are near the first team.

Jos Buttler should be Aggressive or perhaps Very Aggressive

George Dockrell should be much better than he is, he’s very highly regarded and has impressed on the International stage with Ireland, and yet his 2nd team average usually floats around 40.

Others

Gloucestershire’s Kevin O’Brien is way too good on the bowling front- he seems to open the bowling and take plenty of wickets for them, when he’s a bit part bowler in real life- if you could somehow copy Peter Trego’s statline across, it would be a fair representation of his ability.

Jon Lewis should be RFM not RMF

Will Gidman of Gloucs needs to be much better, he’s topping their batting charts in reality from #7. On the other hand, Ed Young should not be a top order batsman averaging 40+, he’s a decent bat but not as good as he is in game currently.

Liam Dawson of Hampshire is now opening the batting and doesn’t bowl much if anything at all now: he’s also their best performing batsman this year.

Will post others as I see them, sorry for the massive wall of text but I thought I’d try and justify the changes I’m proposing. Keep up the great work on the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                            Wayne Parnell is now called Whallid Parnell. We can change this ourselves I guess but it could easily be added if there is another patch.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Par...igion-20110727
                            To be fair the article only says he might change his name, not that he has or 'will' do.

Comment

Yeah I know as it a story that has just broken. If he is sincere about the change in religion as the article suggests, then I suspect he will go with it! W Parnell it shall remain either way!

Comment

Working...
                              X