Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ideas! Actually, I'd like to see captured how many MotM awards a players gets, and maybe a mention of when they are the lead run scorer/wicket taker for a year! Maybe even a "hall of fame" section that also preserves this information.

While I'm on a roll, maybe a database that contains all the retired players stats, and a "filter" option when checking current players to include these retired players in that screen (in a different colour) so you can compare how your player rates against the all-time best.
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
      Good ideas! Actually, I'd like to see captured how many MotM awards a players gets, and maybe a mention of when they are the lead run scorer/wicket taker for a year! Maybe even a "hall of fame" section that also preserves this information.

While I'm on a roll, maybe a database that contains all the retired players stats, and a "filter" option when checking current players to include these retired players in that screen (in a different colour) so you can compare how your player rates against the all-time best.
      I like it we need more stats to be recorded and saved. Im pretty happy with the gameplay and this more or less seems to be the consensus ( i think)

Comment

Originally posted by damiang67 View Post
        If ICC was realistic I should be able to sign Ryan ten Doeschate and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan as my two overseas players for T20, for Tasmania.

My comments on contracts were based on economic reasons as we are dealing with a small business here not EA sports. The current Aus 'contract' system used in the game is a re-hash of the old ACC from 12 years ago.

My suggestion was simply rehash the English contract system for Australia, get it working then add in the other countries with the same system.

NZ and SAF with 6 teams can be added easily with a re-hash of the AUS system. Slightly tweak it for WI for 8 teams.

Most of the players are already in the database. ICC2011 or 2012 and you can play as a domestic side from ENG, AUS, SAF, NZ or WI. 5 Countries covered and 3 new markets opened up.

IND, PAK and SRL could be tricky with the number of teams, might leave that to the developers to sort out. Maybe to chase the sub continent cash the IPL could be added as a stand alone game, or included as a domestic option where you can manage a IPL team and a national team?

These are just my thoughts coming from someone who works for a small business.

cheers and happy gaming
        Good thought but the question to be asked then would be how many people from other countries would actually buy the game if their domestic season is added if it did NOT resemble the real-life scenario since as I've said, most people who buy this game because of the realism it offers statistically or otherwise while others who don't care about realism go for the unrealistic EA Sports type of games.

One also needs to consider as to how much time will've to be invested in adding domestic seasons of other countries & will it give enough time for the developers to work on improving the current game-play & the general features of the game that need an improvement.

Further, people from other countries who buy the game for its game-play have been buying it for years I assume & if game-play is improved on, they'll keep buying it irrespective of whether it has their domestic season or not BUT many current customers who're not that interested in other domestic structures mightn't buy it next year if there are no major game-play improvements, I for example, mainly play County Cricket, so if there are no game-play improvements next year then why would I want to buy it? Because of some other country's domestic season that I'm not really interested in playing?

It'd be interesting to see what the marginal increase in Aus sales this year was after the addition of Aus-domestic season, I think it'll make sense to base their decision on that but then one may contend that it was already a market & the marginal increase might turn out to be better or worse than that of Aus, it'd require some kind of a market research, I don't how they could go about it though.

So it basically comes down to how much of the current customers will be lost while how many new will be retained after the addition of ANY feature that is limited in its scope & the number of customers it satisfies.

Comment

I'm currently playing as Bangladesh (I like the underdog), and I'd be interested in developing my players better, and I think that the best way to do that would be through the Bangladeshi domestic competition (if there is one). If I was playing as another country, I'd love the opportunity to build and develop from grassroots there, too.

That said, I don't expect the developers to drop everything and push through a lot of domestic competitions for the sake of it, especially if doing so sacrifices developments to the game as a whole - I'd just like to think that some day there will be a full range of domestic competitions, and that the developers are perhaps thinking about it.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
            I'd just like to think that some day there will be a full range of domestic competitions, and that the developers are perhaps thinking about it.
            I'd hope for that too even though as I've said, I don't really play anything other than County Cricket; I'm sure many people would like to see that & sure as anything players from other countries should be able to play their domestic-seasons as well & I'm sure it's there on the developers' list of things-to-do but as small a budget & team ICC have, I'd think strict prioritising would be the way to go for them.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
              I'd hope for that too even though as I've said, I don't really play anything other than County Cricket; I'm sure many people would like to see that & sure as anything players from other countries should be able to play their domestic-seasons as well & I'm sure it's there on the developers' list of things-to-do but as small a budget & team ICC have, I'd think strict prioritising would be the way to go for them.
              I'd stick my hand up to do the necessary research into the domestic sides, if it'd help the cause. I work cheap, have nothing better to do at the moment, and want this game to be the best it can be for myself and all the other fans/customers out there.
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Repeating the one that I see as most important

As soon as there are a number of playable associate nations, and those nations can be promoted to test nation status, I will be buying that game.

I think the promotions should be able to occur either with the team you are playing or an ai country also. I would really like to be able to play a career as, say, NZ, and 10 years into my career suddenly Canada gets test nationship, and there become tours home and away.

I know this is complex, but to me it really will add to the long term playability and functionality of the game. I think, to give it that functionality, at least 12 associate teams are needed (who can all also qualify for the world cups, in the 12 team ICC cup).

If you had more associate teams, you could even have a two tier associate structure, with some starting with one day status and others having to earn that. For one day teams, they might get one home and away ODI tour a year against test nations. If there were 20+, it would allow for 8 teams to get promoted to tests over the course of a career and still have 12 teams competing to qualify for the world cup. The ICC tournament could see promotion/relegation in time for the next ICC tournament (every 2 years for 20/20, ODI) with one or two of the lower (not top 12) teams being randomly generated as being promoted.

I would like to see this option for the following nations (starting condition in brackets):

Playable teams

Zimbabwe (one day and test) - no qualifying necessary

Ireland (one day)
                Scotland (one day)
                Kenya (one day)
                Canada (one day)
                Afghanistan (one day)
                Netherlands (one day)

Namibia (initial 12)
                U.A.E. (initial 12)
                U.S.A. (initial 12)
                Bermuda (initial 12)
                Uganda (initial 12)
                Denmark (initial 12)

Non-playable teams (I'd prefer them to be playable, but I can understand drawing a line somewhere)

Oman (seeking promotion)
                Italy (seeking promotion)
                Nepal (seeking promotion)
                Cayman Islands (seeking promotion)
                Argentina (seeking promotion)
                Papua New Guinea (seeking promotion)
                Hong Kong (seeking promotion)
                Tanzania (seeking promotion)

Thats 20, and probably sufficient to keep a real potential for variation in the game. If JUST THIS ONE change was made to the existing game, then I would overlook and forgive any other issues just because I have been waiting for this piece of functionality forever.

Adding any other teams would be a bonus: e.g. Bahrain, Singapore, Botswana, Malaysia, Guernsey, Jersey, Fiji and Norway. In my view, 12 is minimal but I would buy it instantly. 20 would be way better functionally, and would make for an awesome game. More than 20 would make it my favourite game ever!

@Chris Child - this kind of change could be quite an effort from a coding perspective. If there was a genuine interest in adding this functionality, I'd be willing to do any research you needed (I imagine name databases for generating new player names is a big one), or help in any other useful way, in my free time if it helped to get this functionality into the game.
                Last edited by golden; 09-13-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

a wind meter
                  swing bowling and a swing rating for the players
                  ability to play for more than 1 domestic team eg: ten doeschate is signed for essex, canterbury and tasmania
                  simulation of other domestic systems eg: playing as sussex, i want to see how queensland are doing in their domestic league

Comment

Players do play for more than one domestic side in the game, this may not be that well shown in-game though.

These suggestions are good, some new, some being repeated but expanded on.

Comment

I think the computer should be more intelligent with selection for example to not pick batsman and put them number 10 and to not pick bowlers and bowl them 5 overs each innings

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        Sureshot, would it be possible to put up a sticky detailing the things that you are (or at least might be) working on, and don't want us to raise again?

Then we could stop bothering you about those things. And (naturally) get greedy and bother you about more, new things!

Comment

I'd also say that perhaps user customisation could be good when starting a new game. Eg, when you start a new international game - you could either play real life (the cricket world as it exists as of the game being made), or you could play 'my settings' and introduce certain differences to reality into the game from the start.

This could, for example, include options for how many teams compete in a World Cup, how frequent world cups are, which countries are test nations as of the start of the game, whether your nation is more desirable or less desirable for other countries to play against (which might effect the length of series).

I suggest this because recent proposals suggest the world cup could be reduced to 10 teams, while even 14 is less than I would like. If I could choose to consistently play a 16 team world cup then i would!

If playing domestic, you could say how many teams the league will have, and then decide you want middlesex, surrey, kent, new south wales, mumbai, glamorgan, wellington & guyana to play in your league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            Players do play for more than one domestic side in the game, this may not be that well shown in-game though.

I know what you mean eg steve smith plays for worcestershire and NSW in the game. But I want it to come up as (staying with smith) Worcestershire, NSW & Australia. See what I mean? (This is essential if other leagues are simulated, as in, we can see them)

Comment

very very important feature

Below are features which must be include

First for online play

1 -While in online there should be stats of "Year in which the other
                              players team"
                              Definetly It will be much much help full to avoid
                              cheating case For example team in 2010 cannot be much powerfull to
                              beat 2020 team .
                              2010 team cannot win each every game without any loss or play extraodinary
                              power of team 2010 < 2020 < 2030 < 2040 and so on

To avoid Abusive words

2- There should be stars point for good manners.A report button for every
                              user. If use abusive word than He should be reported.If any one has done
                              false report then his star points will be reduced. For 0 star point player
                              his IP will be block to play online

3- from one IP there should be only one online team

Hope my suggestions are good to make much better game for next version
                              Last edited by cricfan1; 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM.
                              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by golden View Post
                                I'd also say that perhaps user customisation could be good when starting a new game. Eg, when you start a new international game - you could either play real life (the cricket world as it exists as of the game being made), or you could play 'my settings' and introduce certain differences to reality into the game from the start.

This could, for example, include options for how many teams compete in a World Cup, how frequent world cups are, which countries are test nations as of the start of the game, whether your nation is more desirable or less desirable for other countries to play against (which might effect the length of series).

I suggest this because recent proposals suggest the world cup could be reduced to 10 teams, while even 14 is less than I would like. If I could choose to consistently play a 16 team world cup then i would!

If playing domestic, you could say how many teams the league will have, and then decide you want middlesex, surrey, kent, new south wales, mumbai, glamorgan, wellington & guyana to play in your league.
                                I quite like these ideas - it'd make for some very interesting games/scenarios.
                                World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
                                X