X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Would Like In ICC2011

What We Would Like In ICC2011

Hey , this thread is to write down what you would like to see but into ICC2011. I shall edit this post to make a list of what everybody wants (Somethings on this list may not be possible)!

1 . Other Overseas Leagues.

2 . The champions league.

3 . Being able to be sacked or leave (and find another club).

4 . More realistic shots.

5 . More info on whats happening with players. If a player is thinking of changing clubs
    let us know why and what they want to stay.

6 . More info on the second team players and results.

7 . Let us choose which form of the games we would like to captain our team in.

8 . Zimbabwe and the minnows should be playable and get test status if they perform
    well enough.

9 . I'd like chances to do tournaments like the recent emerging players tournment.

10 . Change the Australian end of season contract process to mirror that of England by
    introducing the club budget and contract negotiations. This will stop players leaving for another state unless 'sacked'

11 . Actually earn the right to manage the national side based on performance of the club side. Upon earning the right be given the option of managing the A-side first with a few A-side tours and then earn the right to move up to the national side.

12 . Let the player award central contracts with a maximum of 3 per county. Have a minimum of internationals played to qualify for the contract.

13 . Graphics improved and an option to play in the old graphics.

14 . Improve the accuracy of the statistics.

15 . Regens need their power reduced, when you reach 2020 the players are all so overpowered.

16 . Better training of bowlers and keepers, e.g. swing bowling.

17 . On the highlights screen, also show the two batsmen's names and scores.

18 . Pre-season tours for county teams, playing all 3 forms of the games whilst on that tour.

19 . Manage a 2XI and make your way up to the top. Start at the bottom and make your way up to the top i.e. in this order coach these teams, county 2XI, followed by 1st team, England U19, followed by England lions and finally the England captaincy

20 . The introduction of IPL would be a fantastic enhancement to the game provided you could build your own team from an initial budget funded either on a 'same budget for everyone basis' or by selection from a menu of budget options. Perhaps budgets could be enhanced during gameplay by ticket sales and/or sponsor funding based on performance which would allow squad strengthening during part of the tournament .

21 . Some national youth teams.

22 . A search bar so you can find out players that are not in your team stats easily.

23 . Ro stop people cheating online with edited players

24 . To let us carry our save games across to ICC2011.

25 . Expanded squads

26 . National youth teams and smaller nations (in cricket terms)

27 . Quicker apeals, better celebrations and more reliable umpires (I know they get it wrong sometimes but not as oftern as the game signifies).

28 . A way or training keepers and improving fielding.

29 . More high tech equipment i.e. hot spot, sniko ect.

30 . Better close quarters catching.

31 . Run outs involving keeper or player over the bowler's stumps (ie not all direct hits).

32 . Less short leg catches especially in limited overs.

33 . In limited overs, it's too easy to get a single straight to the circle fielder. In 'real-life'*, these singles are often risky and frequently simply not on.

34 . Team/individual season and historical records for one-dayers and T20, not just for first-class/tests.

35 . A highlights package of boundaries and wickets that can be viewed after the game is over.

36 . Shies at stumps that miss, or more generally, returns that are not fielded at the stumps and require backing up (or occasionally result in overthrows).

37 . Day/night games.

38 . Fielding training for less drops better stops etc.

39 . Rain effected one day games, the duckworth lewis comes into it that would make it a better game.

40 . As an all rounder the bat glows up to show their a batting all rounder who bowls a bit e.g pollard or the ball glows up to show theie a bowling all rounder who bats a bit e.g bresnan.

41 . Maybe a run agression bar. In a T20 match when singles are important I might want to get Cosgrove to play agressivly but not run for tight singles, respectivly, but if I had Carberry then I would want him to go for them. Obviously for this you would have to incorporate the phyiscal fitness of the players into the game and their profiles.

42 . More accurate pitch report

43 . An accurate batsmen and bowlers ratings.

45 . Icluding an official editor in the game which could edit batsmen upto 2000 max. and bowlers upto 400 max, meanwhile programme the game in a way that it could no loger be edited by other cheat programmes like Hex Editors and Art Money.

46 . Including the features of reverse bowling, and bowling slower balls may be leg or off cutters or slow bouncers.

47 . Feature of including the Hall of Fame, sometimes you get a player who scores more centuries than S Tendulkar or whatever but when he retires all of his records are just left in user's memory. Is it possible to have a Hall of Fame to include the records of game's legends.

48 . Being able to organise stats by clicking on column headings.

49 . Players like Dirk Nannes/Tom Cooper who are eligable for more than one nation.

50 . Tournament editor, so that we can tweak the county season, international itinary, etc.

51 .

52 .

53 .

54 .

55 .

So Post Your Ideas!
    Last edited by Hampshire; 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM.

More management options and more info on whats happening with players. If a player is thinking of changing clubs let me know why and what they want to stay.

More depth in squad selection, i'd like more info on the grade and 2nd teams, let me see their results, ladders, all their stats for the games not just their batting/bowling form. Let me select that i want to look at the club level keepers/quicks/spinners and then show me a decent selection of those players at club level, i've had saves where no bowlers regen and i'm stuck with 3 of my bowlers playing international and only a couple left in my squad top play, i've had games where i have only 2 keepers to choose from and 1 is playing international constantly and the other averages 10 with the bat and won't improve and is pushing 30. Surely i can at least drop the old keeper and bring in some new blood and try to develop someone instead of praying each season a new keeper is "selected" for me to view!

An option to opt out of coach the squad for different forms of the game, i don't enjoy the t20's in this game i find it's just luck and at times abit dodgy, let me select to coach my team in only certain formats and don't make me have to skip every game and lose/not gain form. Let the pc play them at the level they play opponent sides and their form carry over.

MUCH more leagues and comps added as said already but i'd also like the other countries domestic comps involved.

Zimbabwe and the minnows should be playable and get test status if they perform well enough. Add in the intercontinental cup and the like.

Better representation of where a player's skills are at, i don't want it glaringly obvious but i'd like to know training session are helping, maybe lets us have more control over a training session style game amongst our players where we can try people in different roles and work out if a batsmen can be part time bowler, who can bat where or whatever without having to risk losing because of it. I'd also like more tour games in the future season, i seem to get the ones currently on the FTP when an international side tours but i don't get any in the future as a state/county side.

A sides and development sides. I'd like chances to do tournaments like the recent emerging players tournment. A chance to play fringe/young players
    Last edited by outbreak; 08-13-2010, 04:40 AM.

Comment

As a player of this game since 1998 I too would like to see some improved options for the next instalment. Without getting to the point were the game is so long in development it is released every 2 or 3 years!
      A few subtle changes I would like to see are:

- Change the Australian end of season contract process to mirror that of England by introducing the club budget and contract negotiations. This will stop players leaving for another state unless 'sacked'

- Actually earn the right to manage the national side based on performance of the club side. Upon earning the right be given the option of managing the A-side first with a few A-side tours and then earn the right to move up to the national side. Limit the A-team player selection to those with less than 5 internationals played

- Let the player award central contracts with a maximum of 3 per county. Have a minimum of internationals played to qualify for the contract. With the club budget system this would also have to apply to Australia.

Maybe for ICC 2012 when the Australian contract system is working correctly the other countries can be added to keep everyone happy.

Cheers and happy gaming

Comment

Nice ideas guys! Keep them Coming!

Comment

a lot of people comment that they want the graphics of the gameplay improved or an option to watch in 2D

statistics improved and make them a lot more accurate

better training of bowlers and keepers, e.g. swing bowling

regens need their power reduced, when you reach 2020 the players are all so overpowered

Comment

On the highlights screen, also show the two batsmen's names and scores

Comment

i would like to see pre-season tours for county teams, playing all 3 forms of the games whilst on that tour

manage a 2XI and make ure way up to the top. Start at the bottom and make ure way up to the top i.e. in this order coach these teams, county 2XI, followed by 1st team, England U19, followed by England lions and finally the England captaincy (or other countries alternatives)

finally, there could b a list of players whos contracts run out at the end of season and at the prior to the end of season u could give there counties 1 months notice and buy his contract out before the end of the season.

Comment

Perhaps wait till a little later to post your ideas as the game hasn't been out for that long.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                  Perhaps wait till a little later to post your ideas as the game hasn't been out for that long.
                  Right but still not a bad idea to start listing things we want in one place so that game developers will have enough time to look into people's demand and select some of those to make part of the next version.
                  You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Their were alot of good ideas there that im suprised I didn't think of earlier. Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                      Right but still not a bad idea to start listing things we want in one place so that game developers will have enough time to look into people's demand and select some of those to make part of the next version.
                      Yep , the developers will need some time to actually develop the game.

Comment

I would really like to see:

-The IPL
                        -A Search Bar
                        -National Youth Teams or at least some more England under 19 players
                        -And maybe a search filter

Comment

Some good suggestions here.

Comment

IPL next version

The introduction of IPL would be a fantastic enhancement to the game provided you could build your own team from an initial budget funded either on a 'same budget for everyone basis' or by selection from a menu of budget options. Perhaps budgets could be enhanced during gameplay by ticket sales and/or sponsor funding based on performance which would allow squad strengthening during part of the tournament

Maybe there might be IPL licencing problems though ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSussexShark View Post
                              I would really like to see:

-The IPL
                              -A Search Bar
                              -National Youth Teams or at least some more England under 19 players
                              -And maybe a search filter
                              A search bar for what exactly?

Comment

Working...
                              X