This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
    3. In T20s, in addition to batting aggression level, I would like to be able to instruct new or weaker batsmen to take singles, without necessarily being 'aggressive'.
    This must really be looked into & I've raised this point before as well that when we lose a set batsman in an OD(I) or T20(I), the new batsman just plays out too many dot balls even if we're into the last few overs of the innings which just takes away all the realism of the game & if we raise the aggression too much then they just get out, so it'd be nice to have a "singles mode" option which we can turn on/off for ALL batsmen (not just weaker or whatever) & say, how consistently they score singles in "singles mode" should depend on how good a runner they are, like say, Carberry should score more singles than most in the same number of balls, & make it so that playing in "singles mode" increases the chances of getting runout but that chance is lower for good runners like Carberry & higher for others, etc. so accordungly, there should be a rating on each players personal page denoting how good they're at stealing quick singles (just like we've preferences listed therein). To balance things out a little, make it so that while in "singles mode", batsman will ONLY take singles & they won't be scoring any other scoring shots. Further, I believe this "singles mode" should only be available in limited overs games ie OD(I) & T20(I) & NOT in longer formats of the game.
    Last edited by enigma; 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

day/night games

better training for bowlers i.e swing bowling etc

pre-season tours for county teams

more tournaments e.g IPL champions trophy etc

fielding training for less drops better stops etc and also misfields and players hv 2 back up

buy out a players contract a month b4 the end of season

finally rain effected one day games, the duckworth lewis comes into it that would make it a better game

Comment

as an all rounder the bat glows up to show their a batting all rounder who bowls a bit e.g pollard or the ball glows up to show theie a bowling all rounder who bats a bit e.g bresnan

Comment

Maybe a run agression bar. In a T20 match when singles are important I might want to get Cosgrove to play agressivly but not run for tight singles, respectivly, but if I had Carberry then I would want him to go for them. Obviously for this you would have to incorporate the phyiscal fitness of the players into the game and their profiles.

Comment

Some suggestions might already have been discussed in here, but you call me lazy enough not to rummage around. I will list a few which I think should be included after reading some recent posts.
            1. More accurate pitch report
            2. More realistic run outs and catches.
            This has been mentioned many times I believe. Dropped catches are way too much and run outs are always funny, always on direct throws and that too on keeper's end.
            Some times even when I bat at no aggression, batsmen gets run out.
            3.An accurate batsmen and bowlers ratings.
            It has been mentioned in some thread that how game makers have made some unknown bowlers and batsmen more stronger than the current cricket stars, probably one of the reason why people use editors. So let's just fix it.
            4. Icluding an official editor in the game which could edit batsmen upto 2000 max. and bowlers upto 400 max, meanwhile programme the game in a way that it could no loger be edited by other cheat programmes like Hex Editors and Art Money.
            5. Including the option for a field coaching and wicket keeper coaching to an extent that we could use our keepers to stand upto the stumps against medium pacers.
            6. Including the features of reverse bowling, and bowling slower balls may be leg or off cutters or slow bouncers.
            7.Feature of including the Hall of Fame, sometimes you get a player who scores more centuries than S Tendulkar or whatever but when he retires all of his records are just left in user's memory. Is it possible to have a Hall of Fame to include the records of game's legends.

Comment

Ok guys im back and updating this thread lets bring in those ideas.

Comment

Being able to organise stats by clicking on column headings.

Comment

Just spent some time improving our development document. Some very good features in here and the document is quite big now. Thanks for all your suggestions and helping us take the game forward.

Comment

* Players like Dirk Nannes/Tom Cooper who are eligable for more than one nation.
                    * Tournament editor, so that we can tweak the county season, international itinary, etc.

Comment

It's not like Nannes and Cooper are going to go back and play for their original nation any time soon though

But I think that before a player represents one country, he should be able to be picked for two separate countries

Comment

Maybe with a Pakistan career, you should be able to spot fix and see how much money you make before you go too far?

Comment

In the Pakistan career as well as injuries you can have players unavailable due to being banned or arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by q felt View Post
                            Maybe with a Pakistan career, you should be able to spot fix and see how much money you make before you go too far?
                            Originally posted by damiang67 View Post
                            In the Pakistan career as well as injuries you can have players unavailable due to being banned or arrested.
                            Yes, that'd make the Pakistan-Career more realistic & also add another dimension to its game-play

On a serious note, although its unlikely to happen, but if Aamir gets a long-term/life ban then that'd be a great loss for International cricket as a whole as that kid is a joy to watch for anyone who likes fast/swing bowling; Asif is a quality bowler as well but then it seems he's not someone who learns from past mistakes so may be he should get a harsher penalty; this scourge of fixing ought to be dealt with by meting out stern punishments to completely uproot it from our great sport.

Comment

We need a speedo. I have said this many times.
                              Maybe a speed rating. Eg. Tait fast ball - 160 slow ball 140 regular bowling speed 145 - 150
                              what happened to some of the great features of ICC06 the highlights interface (pause replay slomo etc.)
                              I find some of my best scores are on terrible pitches pitches need to have more effect on the game
                              I find that I have way too many draws in the county championship anyway to make bowlers be a little bit better
                              every year of a players career recorded (only after game starts though)
                              the MCC team recently had Lara Ganguly Nabi and Hameed Hasan (last 2 afghans)play for them anyway to put this in?
                              Associate rankings and Kenya Ireland Netherlands on the ODI table
                              t20 rankings even though there arent any real ones the ranking system is fake so just put it in
                              Download the Cricket Revolution demo from cricketrevolution.com and look at the shots. they are all realistic so please put very similar shots to those in the game (and add the dilscoop)
                              for t20 the players pretty much swing and hope for the best and its either a played and missed, wicket, a long 4 or a 6 for the very aggressive setting
                              ability to customise the regens eg I want to play for a top level team so I have to wait until a legspinning allrounder turns up and you know how rare that is?!?!?!?
                              make your own team and start as an extra team in the league

Comment

A game mode with completely randomised players (and statistics) each time you start a new career. Basically like starting the game 30 years into the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X