Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the place for it but i pre-ordered the new cricket coach to see how it was with the beta testing. It is exactly the same game as it was but with a couple of non important features thrown in. The gameplay in it is much worse imo and much more convoluted and the match results are ALOT less realistic and ALOT easier to win.

Comment

• Yes, outbreak. Not the place to slate CC, I know, but one of it's main features, the IPL, is flawed because if you start from scratch, you can just buy everyone you want at the auction, and win every game by a comfortable amount... improving, yes, extremely flawed, also yes.

Anyway, onto the topic of ICC11, well, errrm.... less errors in the first DB? And maybe UDRS if you have the capacity for it

Comment

• You are definately right about it being too easy, but every year ICC is the same, that is the annoying bit to be fair, do you understand what I mean though? It is the same as 2005 (which was then when I bought it ) and it is safer and harder, but its always the same game! That is what annoys me which is a big shame :P

Comment

• Better player ratings. It's bloody annoying that the best players on the game are randoms I've never heard of. Best players should be the actual stars.

Comment

• More to the point....

* More domestic leagues.
            * Ability to add your own photos in.
            * Editor (turf this to stop ruining the online game).
            * Ability to find a new club, or be sacked.
            * Better Australian contract system (i.e. players cut from a clubs squad can find a new one rather than just quitting the game).
            * UDRS
            * Duckworth/Lewis system/rain in ODers.
            * Ability to sign your own Kolpaks or players on an EU passport (for County Cricket).

Probably others that I'm forgetting right now too.

Comment

• The problem is, I see this thread posted every year, and guess what, nothing happens! The only thing I can say for it is that it is stable, other than that, I find it incredibly dull, maybe I'm not the only one, who knows? Cricket Coach is definitely flawed though, I never bother playing the IPL because it is boring on Cricket Coach, you are right Imager 36. But to be fair outbreak, I think at least the guy makes an effort (I assume it is a guy) to force some stuff that they ask, for me Cricket Coach could outclass ICC any day, because they do nothing about it!

Comment

• Oh and also, add a keeping and fielding ability.

Comment

• Also, make minnows playable and hopefully the ability to take them to test status or something, like in CC.

Comment

• A few others:

* Ability to create competitions
                    * Fantasy draft like in CC's IPL.
                    * Scenarios (like take a bad or inexperienced team to a trophy in a few years, or have like various all-star teams or something similar in domestic comps).

Comment

• scenarios are an awesome idea!!

Comment

• Wasn't this thread stickied before? Can someone please sticky it?

Every couple of days someone starts a thread like this. Would be much better for all of us if there was just one.

Comment

• For those requesting the Duckworth-Lewis method, I believe the formula is actually owned by Messrs. D & L. ICC 2011 wouldn't be able to use the D-L method without paying Duckworth and Lewis for it.

Comment

• Oh, and when it comes to saving scorecards.... it would be nice to be able to save all the innings in one text file, as opposed to having to save each innings separately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinax View Post
                              For those requesting the Duckworth-Lewis method, I believe the formula is actually owned by Messrs. D & L. ICC 2011 wouldn't be able to use the D-L method without paying Duckworth and Lewis for it.
                              Just name it the Doherty & Beer method then.

Comment

• Hah, nice. I don't think it'd work, but it's a nice idea all the same.

Actually, before I forget... I'd like there to be a bit more information in saved scorecards (in addition to a single save containing all the innings in the game). Specifically, the batting: if I recall correctly, currently the game saves only the batsman's score, but it'd be nice if balls faced and boundaries hit were also saved in the text file.

Comment

Working...
                                X