Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just thinking, to keep teams other than England and Australia competitive (or to keep them just as competitive if you play the International Only mode), allow International teams the ability to train their players constantly. As I've said before, I play Bangladesh, and I can only train my players when they are in a series. They never really improve much because of this. If, however, I could set a squad to train between series (which sometimes can be several months) my players might actually be able to be trained while they are young, and I could get a decent side together.
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

• That's a very good point. Not quite sure how we'd do it, but definitely going to be discussed.

Also, thread stickied and renamed slightly.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Just FYI, can you give us an idea of what suggested changes are feasible, and what aren't? Like, someone requested that the bat-pad sound is a dead giveaway for successful LBW appeals, since the sound never plays for a denied appeal. That, I imagine, should be easy to fix. Alternately, I'm sure many people have requested an IPL tournament in ICC 2011, but I don't think that'd be possible.

So when it comes to suggesting changes and improvements, how much is too much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
          set a squad to train between series (which sometimes can be several months) my players might actually be able to be trained while they are young, and I could get a decent side together.
          Great idea! A background tast that ran between series for say 3 or 4 players who you would focus on to improve in particular areas.

I think if we went with 8 in training (the current maximum) we might go the other way and have hugely overpowered teams given the current rate of advance over time where training is concerned.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

• a couple of ideas

not sure if anyone has suggested these ideas as this thread is rather long, but a couple of ideas i would like to see:

1. a player editor where you can create a player for yourself (i usually select a youth player and edit the name but it would good if you could design a player that exactly suits your style)

2. with the australian contracts, instead of copying the english system, keep the existing system which is more realistic, but give the oppourtunity to poach one player per season from another team, this could be weighted to make a permanent first team player less likely to move than someone on the outer looking for a start, but it would be good to try and lure a top player to your squad such as getting watto or mitch back to qld. and only make it one so it you blow it trying to lure a big gun then you cant then settle for a lesser player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scritty View Post
              Great idea! A background tast that ran between series for say 3 or 4 players who you would focus on to improve in particular areas.

I think if we went with 8 in training (the current maximum) we might go the other way and have hugely overpowered teams given the current rate of advance over time where training is concerned.

Scritty
              Yeah, I think 3 or 4 ought to do the trick, unless the "off-season" training was not as good as the "in-season" training - i.e., took 2 or 3 times as long to develop player abilities.

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              That's a very good point. Not quite sure how we'd do it, but definitely going to be discussed.
              I'm sure you'll work something out
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

• 1.The introduction of IPL would be a fantastic enhancement to the game provided you could build your own team from an initial budget funded either on a 'same budget for everyone basis' or by selection from a menu of budget options. Perhaps budgets could be enhanced during gameplay by ticket sales and/or sponsor funding based on performance which would allow squad strengthening during part of the tournament .
                2.DAY/NIGHT MATCHES
                3.Improve the accuracy of the statistics.
                4.Quicker apeals, better celebrations and more reliable umpires
                5.Run outs involving keeper or player over the bowler's stumps (ie not all direct hits).
                6.Less short leg catches especially in limited overs.
                7.A highlights package of boundaries and wickets that can be viewed after the game is over.
                8.Rain effected one day games, the duckworth lewis comes into it that would make it a better game.
                9.As an all rounder the bat glows up to show their a batting all rounder who bowls a bit e.g pollard or the ball glows up to show theie a bowling all rounder who bats a bit e.g bresnan.
                10.Feature of including the Hall of Fame, sometimes you get a player who scores more centuries than S Tendulkar or whatever but when he retires all of his records are just left in user's memory. Is it possible to have a Hall of Fame to include the records of game's legends.
                11.More high tech equipment i.e. hot spot, sniko ect.
                12.On the highlights screen, also show the two batsmen's names and scores.
                I THINK THESE CHANGES WILL MAKE THIS GAME MORE REALISTIC!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shabzzz View Post
                  1.The introduction of IPL would be a fantastic enhancement to the game provided you could build your own team from an initial budget funded either on a 'same budget for everyone basis' or by selection from a menu of budget options. Perhaps budgets could be enhanced during gameplay by ticket sales and/or sponsor funding based on performance which would allow squad strengthening during part of the tournament .

8.Rain effected one day games, the duckworth lewis comes into it that would make it a better game.
                  11.More high tech equipment i.e. hot spot, sniko ect.
                  12.On the highlights screen, also show the two batsmen's names and scores.

1, 8 & 11: Not sure if ChildishThings has the pockets to pay for the rights to use that.

12. Oooo, this I like. The little scorebox in the upper-right hand corner having a little running ticker would be nice... batsmen's names & figures, current bowler's figures, run rate, required run rate, the equation (x runs required off y overs), that kind of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinax View Post
                    12. Oooo, this I like. The little scorebox in the upper-right hand corner having a little running ticker would be nice... batsmen's names & figures, current bowler's figures, run rate, required run rate, the equation (x runs required off y overs), that kind of thing.
                    I was thinking about a customizable scorebox/infobox etc - several options you could drag in/select, but that might be too complicated.

Also, I noticed something the other day (I play 2008, so it might be fixed in 2010 already) but when a bowler bowls a wide, it counts as a ball faced, and I know they don't count it in RL, as it is not a legitimate scoring ball.
                    World Serious Cricket

Comment

• While I think about it - an option to interrupt over-by-over play for certain "events" that you can set. For instance, I like to change my bowlers aggressions when batsmen score 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 125, 150, 175, and so on in Tests, and my batsmen when they reach various levels of "settled". I tend to play ball-by-ball when it is conceivable that it can happen in an over, but sometimes I waste a lot of time clicking and not a lot happens (I kept a batsman on 0 runs for about 10 overs once). Also, when weather/pitch conditions change, or a new bowler comes on, sometimes I miss it because I am crusing along, just not paying 100% attention because it is a Test, and they'll slip a spinner in and the pitch is good for spin and "oops" lose a wicket because my batsman was smashing the medium pacer that was on that end last time...
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

• General question IPL ?

Its too much
                        One thing is clear that there will be no IPL for ICC 2011

Good market in India will only way to have IPL in ICC version

so for IPL there should be sticky thread by admin with heading

"NO IPL"
                        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                        Is my Next Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                          I was thinking about a customizable scorebox/infobox etc - several options you could drag in/select, but that might be too complicated.
                          Something on that line - when you're chasing in a limited-overs game, the game will tell you what the required run rate is, but it'll never tell you what your OWN run rate is for that innings. It'd be nice to have them both, required run rate and actual run rate.

Comment

• For me its still and will always be letting minnows be playable and allowing them to get one day then test status for good performance. I'm really excited for this feature.

I'm not sure how the long term future of the world cup would be handled if its only 10 teams and you get minnows up to test nation status. Perhaps only the top 10 ranked odi teams can compete in the world cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden View Post
                              For me its still and will always be letting minnows be playable and allowing them to get one day then test status for good performance. I'm really excited for this feature.

I'm not sure how the long term future of the world cup would be handled if its only 10 teams and you get minnows up to test nation status. Perhaps only the top 10 ranked odi teams can compete in the world cup.
                              I know the game is meant to be realistic, but if the ICC are being stupid, power-hungry fools there is no need to go with what they rule, but instead do what should be done.

Comment

• Hear, hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X