Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just playing a 3-Day Friendly, and thought it'd be nice if you could retire your batsmen. Most teams play these games as warm ups, and in RL I know Australia used to have some of their batsmen retire to give some of the others a chance to have a bit of a bat.

Nothing major, just an idea.
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

I know this might be fiddly, and probably a rather minor thing, but different over times. At the moment is seems that a spinner always takes 3 mins to bowl an over and a quickie 4 mins. Regardless of how many times the ball gets hit to (or over) the fence, how many runs are scored and how many times you tweak the field.
      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
        I know this might be fiddly, and probably a rather minor thing, but different over times. At the moment is seems that a spinner always takes 3 mins to bowl an over and a quickie 4 mins. Regardless of how many times the ball gets hit to (or over) the fence, how many runs are scored and how many times you tweak the field.
        I can't comment on that either way, but I did notice for the first time recently that changing bowlers takes time. There were 3 overs left in the day - I changed one of the bowlers and suddenly there was only time for 2 overs.

Yes you're probably right about field changes. I'm pretty sure that doesn't consume game-time. I'm not fussed about it, but I'd certainly be impressed if they could implement that! I was an obsessive field-tweaker until very recently. I should certainly have got fined for slow over rates!

And isn't it accepted strategy to keep getting cramps and changing your equipment, when you're batting to save the match...?

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
          I can't comment on that either way, but I did notice for the first time recently that changing bowlers takes time. There were 3 overs left in the day - I changed one of the bowlers and suddenly there was only time for 2 overs.
          Normally that is when you change from spin to pace that that will happen.

And isn't it accepted strategy to keep getting cramps and changing your equipment, when you're batting to save the match...?
          Now there is an option that my Bangladeshi team could do with... :P
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
            I was just playing a 3-Day Friendly, and thought it'd be nice if you could retire your batsmen. Most teams play these games as warm ups, and in RL I know Australia used to have some of their batsmen retire to give some of the others a chance to have a bit of a bat.

Nothing major, just an idea.
            This is something I have wanted the option for, on occasion - eg when my openers are on 100 each but i really want to get my number 3 into some form.

Comment

Originally posted by golden View Post
              This is something I have wanted the option for, on occasion - eg when my openers are on 100 each but i really want to get my number 3 into some form.
              Yeah I end up maxing them to full bar aggression and they dont get out til it's too late!

Comment

In terms of older players i think the english county sides should be able to offer players t20 only contracts (much cheaper then a full contract) when offering contracts to domestic players not just internationals. Older players who have good records should also switch to t20 only rather then outright retire.

Comment

how about that in 2020 for example u r lancashire and get bored u can change county at the end of season

Comment

I am sure this isn't the correct thread to post this, but as I couldn't find an appropriate thread, I am posting here.
                    Felt as if creating a new thread would be stupidity!

Well, have a look at this match guys. For the first time I have reached a score in excess of 400 in a 50 overs match.

Comment

• Look at Carter!

Comment

• He was bad. I had to get him in the side as Wade was out for international duties.
                        If Carter too would have batted like the others did, the score could have reached 450, or even 500, considering the fact the we reached 300 in just 28 overs.

Comment

• Please somebody help me!

If it is not already the case, you need to have player ratings that are different for the different forms of the game. Yes I could be ill-informed, but I am given to believe this is not the case, and that would be a big problem.

Look at the batting stars of T20. Yuvraj! Brendon McCullum. Warner. Yusuf Pathan! Some of them do play Tests but they specialize in T20. In bowling it's less clear-cut, but there are clearly some medium-pacers and part-time spinners (Collingwood, Jayasuriya, Yuvi and Yusuf Pathan again) who are far more useful in the shorter forms.

On a related matter, I'm getting quite discouraged by the star ratings being given to the sides I select. Stuart Broad was totally out of form, so I put Tredwell in the team instead. The team's rating dropped by more than half a star (ie. more than 10%, or in other words, more than one player!). Is the performance of the team going to suffer as much as that for one selection? That would be effectively saying Broad at 0% form is contributing more than his fair share to the team's rating, and Tredwell at 65% bowling form is worth nothing to the team. Certainly I understand that Tredwell was new to the format at that level (it was a T20I), but surely he is still more likely to be an asset than a liability!

Or are star ratings just window-dressing, or like the comments on the back page of the tabloids the day after the selection? I'd like to think so.
                          It's bad enough losing all the time, without the computer sledging me

Comment

• Apologies if already posted or if the game already does it,

for those players who play over by over or on autopilot can it be made that on a free hit the batting aggression automatically goes up to max and then resets itself on the next delivery

Comment

• I posted most of these over at PlanetCricket, I haven't read through this thread at all, so sorry if most of these have already been mentioned.
                              Sorry for the length in advance.

More proper domestic leagues like NZ and SA. I'm not to fussed about T20 stuff like the IPL and the CL.

Better regen system. Make it so they don't get selected for ENG if their rating is good. I've had guys who've averaged 30 in like 15 FC matches and don't even make it into my XI and they get selected for ENG after playing 2nd XI cricket.

Better ENG contract system is a must. Again base it on INT performance over the last year, instead of who it's currently done..

Have to make some player randomness. On every game they same 20 year old's end up on top of player rankings by 2015 almost every game. This would actually mean you have to work out who is good and who is not.

Have scouts to scout at youth talent and other teams.

Better training programme, maybe training reports and things like that so you can keep an eye on players.

Maybe have bowling preferences as there are batting ones, don't really see any negatives to that.

Maybe increase game play/graphics a bit as quite often I see a guy hit it and it's gone to the boundary before my fielder has moved. Then you go to the field setting and the shot was right next to where the player was.

On very defensive they should not get out trying to slog, that just doesn't happen in real life. Same goes for very aggressive, they shouldn't leave/block it.

Have the ability to arrange your own tours etc. maybe like take county teams on pre-season tours to Australia.

Maybe introduce venue's like in the old ICC's. Just to add some more realism to it.

Add a financial aspect to it, so you get money based on crowd size, then you have to pay squad salaries etc, you can built/expand grounds to get a greater crowd, and the crowd comes based on how you're teams going. Keep the competition bonuses. Left over money at the end of season can be used to buy other players, instead of who it's currently done.

A lot more statistics, as that is what cricket is all about. Especially historical ones, so when a player retires give you the option to save his stats.

Add a manager mode and a player mode:

The manager mode would involve starting at the bottom coaching a county team (or even 2nd XI then full county team) then maybe moving up to the likes Bangladesh and onto India etc... (this would work better when you introduce more leagues).
                              This would be similar to that of football manger where you could get fired and re hired etc... and build up your ranking points by winning titles
                              making more teams want to hire you.
                              They could also introduce more manager basis things (I no at the moment it is more of a captain).
                              This could lead onto financial stuff.

Also a really good idea would be to introduce a player career (you can kind of do this at the moment be re-naming a player).
                              This would involve starting at the bottom at maybe a club team (just following your player not captaining whole team) and move up through county, and then onto country, and THEN get the change to captain your side, you could then retire then go onto be a managing.
                              Set his skills automatically to someone with international potential by the time he's about 24 or so.

Then you make your guys:
                              Player name: ...
                              Player type: opener, batter, batter keeper, keeper, genuine all rounder, batting AR, bowling AR, bowler
                              age: under 20 as they haven't player FC cricket before (17 or 18)
                              Batting Style: Right/Left , how aggressive e.g: (very agr, agr, mod, def, very def), leg/off preference, pace/spin
                              Bowling style: type (RM, RFM, OS, LS, SLA, LM, LFM), how aggressive (same as above), maybe preferences etc, make it fast bowlers have to start at medium or fast-medium, and they increase in pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                                Apologies if already posted or if the game already does it,

for those players who play over by over or on autopilot can it be made that on a free hit the batting aggression automatically goes up to max and then resets itself on the next delivery
                                Agreed on this suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X