This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast forward

in the old versions we could fast forward the replays. can this be re-introduced please?

Comment

• Bit of a minor point, but maybe there should be more than one warm-up match leading into an overseas tour. Teams usually have at least two or three.

Comment

• An old problem and no doubt mentioned here before. The issue of international players playing domestic cricket despite being on international duty. Would very much like to see this problem fixed. Often times a players form and fitness will be badly effected because they've apparently gone home to play a domestic FC match despite the fact that they're due to play a test match in 2 days. Can be very annoying!

I mean you don't want to be coming up to a test with your star bat fully fit and with 80% form only for him to go awol and come back to you not as fit and with only 40% form because he got a pair in some domestic match he never should have been playing!!!!

Anyway, this one really should have been fixed by now.

Comment

• Not sure if it's been mentioned before but it'd be nice on the scorecards, for example, to have a little star next to the captain and a little plus next to the keeper. I was only thinking this because once you're only playing with regens, there is no way of knowing which opposition player is captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yorks View Post
            Not sure if it's been mentioned before but it'd be nice on the scorecards, for example, to have a little star next to the captain and a little plus next to the keeper. I was only thinking this because once you're only playing with regens, there is no way of knowing which opposition player is captain.
            I second this. It is something that (to me) appears simple and shouldn't be hard to implement in the next game. It's always good to know who's captaining the opposition.

Comment

• Prompted by another thread, and it's probably already been listed, but pictures for the players would be nice. Failing that, the option to add your own pictures, which should get around any issues that there might be about using pictures.

One other thing I was thinking was the use of tags. Being able to tag particular players (in your team or other teams). I can think of several uses for this that would make it a handy feature.
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

• My two cents...

- Look at the man of the match system (about the fifth time I'm nicely asking for this). It's something that annoys me to see someone who deserve the Motm not get it because of some unknown reason. I have a screenshot to give an example, if needed.

- The percentage of sixes over point is way too high. Most sixes are through midwicket or straight. Hitting a six over point is possible, but it's not very realistic to see 4 of 5 sixes being hit over the off side.

- Strike bowlers don't field at first slip or short leg. They go to mid off/on or third man/fine leg.

- Dynamic field settings would be nice. On all but the least aggressive setting there's a slip in place. While that might be good for the Powerplay overs in a limited overs match, it's not exactly what you'd want in the 45th over when the opposition is going at a run rate of 6. My suggestion is to either have separate field settings for limited overs or to have more settings to choose from in total.

As I think of more I'll post it.

Comment

• Nice to see that the site is back up!

This is something I have been giving incredible thought to ever since trying CC2011.

One thing, which I believe adds to the game a huge deal is player pictures, club badges and national team logos. ICC used to have these kinds of things but was also incredibly easy to edit in order to put those things into the game.

Now we have this PUB software which for me makes any editing nearly impossible and I can never get the damn thing to work. I don't care about the 3D system and was happy with the 2D layout and I certainly feel that too much attention has been given to the 3D aspect of the game and not the actual development of the game overall. Certainly ICC has benefitted from a lack of competition in the market and I might be harsh in saying this, but taken advantage of it.

The game display and layout is chunky and the font in game is not particularly pleasing to the eye. These can certainly be done a lot better as is as ugly as Britney Spears is with a shaved head.

The lack of depth that the ICC game has is also worrying and I cannot see how the depth has ever improved since 2000 when I bought the game for the playstation. The T20 has been added, and the Australian leagues have been added but no depth has been added to the actual management of the club and there is no IPL of yet either. You can never be sacked in the game either which is highly unrealistic. You don't really develop youth players, the training system is one dimensional and you left with guess work on how the player will develop and play based largely on their 2nd team average.

The FM manager model of interaction between club and players, staff, training, the ability to edit the game in terms of skins, player faces, kits etc is something that should be looked at and followed. Very few people actually sit and watch the 3D highlights and I doubt that will improve unless player kits are brought in, customised bats and real player faces are there, but ICC will never have a budget to improve it in those aspects.

I know this is a rather negative post but after buying so many copies of the game in the hope that some sort of improvement will come about, only to find that its more like an update and that is it. Yes, the match engine has been improved and that is good but we have effectively been playing the same game since 2000.

I will never buy another ICC game unless 2011 sees a greater level of interaction for the user and a helleva lot more depth and customization. CC2011 for me already offers a lot more and reminds me of the championship manager games before sports interactive split from SEGA. Seriously though, I really hope the ICC peeps do listen to what I believe have been consistent requests to put into the game, but have sadly been neglected because of this stupid 3D match highlights rubbish.

Comment

• I would really really really love to see the following additions in the Next version of the Game (ICC 2011/2012):

1. Being able to play with Associate members - Kenya, Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, Scotland, and Afghanistan and also if possible East Africa, United Arab Emirates, Namibia, Hong Kong, United States and Bermuda. First allow only ODIs and T20s to be played and then slowly high performance can enable Test status to be earned and then continued to played like other test countries.

2. Introduce a Hall of Fame facility where good career records and profiles can be stored, since we have so many good records which are lost as soon as the player retires.

3. Introduce IPL including getting sponsors, the original bidding process, etc

4. Introduce a T20 rating for countries and players.

5. Include ODI status countries in the rating, such as associates.

6. Include the performance of the World Cup in the country ranking (both ODI and T20).

7. Include the Champions Trophy and the World Cup Qualifier.

8. More focus on building youth players (such as country A teams matches, training facilities, youth academy, etc).

9. Show salary for all players (not just those who are in the English County).

10. More realistic Australian League and if possible include other country leagues.

11. Ability of low performing countries generating good and high profile cricketers such as Shakib Al Hasan or Ryan ten Doeshchate.

12. Unlock teams or tournaments or any of the above mentioned stuffs by playing the game and performing.

Comment

• A lan option so we could play at home with mates would be good.

Comment

• I made this thread ages ago , stopped playing cc for a bit then just came back. I can't believe how this is now stickied and one of the most posted on

Comment

• w

- We should be able to see the records of the past players (retired ones). They just disappear from the game, which irritates - to be honest - because you've worked hard with those players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
                            I made this thread ages ago , stopped playing cc for a bit then just came back. I can't believe how this is now stickied and one of the most posted on
                            I can't imagine the forum without this thread, now :P
                            World Serious Cricket

Comment

• Simple changes

I have played all ICC editions (from 98 onwards). Switched system and lost ICC2010 so DL'ed free ICC2005 from FB. Played that again for a while and have the urge to post this mail.
                              Following are the most annoying things STILL present in ICC though we have been crying to fix them for a decade and frankly, these don't even seem hard to change, as compared to IPL addition and so forth:

1. Commentary. (Its so boring that i don't think i have even put it on since the last 5 years)
                              2. Horrible field settings (Slip & short-leg seems like a God's order)
                              3. Missed run out / indirect run out / missed stumping / stumping every time batsman steps out / catch at cover DO NOT EXIST in real cricket of course.
                              4. Rain in ODI & DL
                              5. Speed of delivery
                              6. Batsman steps out, misses ball, ball hits center of middle stump (as per hawk eye) and naturally, it's a STUMPING
                              7. Fielder stops ball steps out of rope and throws and its a single.
                              8. Last ball, 4 runs needed, batsman fully aggressive and taps it beautifully for a single at best.
                              9. ALL players must have same kit or else they will get shot & killed.
                              10. Ranking points system is the one which used to be the official system in 1845 and we must stick to it.
                              11. Though ball already crossed boundary, it will not count unless batsmen run the full pitch for a single
                              12. All players ever to have played the game must run at the same pace or their domestic dogs will turn wild on them.

I am sure forgetting the new things and the wanted add-ons for a moments, if the above are fixed, even the current game can be made more enjoyable if above are fixed and my fellows here can also add to this simple list of game play improvements.

Now.............should we expect them SureShot?

Comment

• I couldnt care less about most of those things.. I've never watched the highlights and never will.

recording of historical stats on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X