This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
    Rather than focus on unrealistic events that are unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future and implement a completely fictional system of introducing new test playing nations, I'd rather see the developers focus their attention on making the game as realistic as possible and increasing its depth.
    I too disagree with the idea that in order to promote one test nation another would need to be dropped and that isn't a great way of implementing the suggestion.

But the reality is that in the time I've been following test cricket, we have gone from 7 to 10 test nations. It's easy to say 'this is a long way away from happening' but 1) in reality we don't know what will happen up the road and 2) the game simulates for years.

I don't agree that 'realism' is keeping the games landscape identical for 100 years, that is not realistic to me. Even the fact we are discussing about how to handle the next world cup is proof of this, how many times have you played the 2015 world cup with more than 10 teams? Plenty I'm guessing.

A game where the landscape developed to react to what was going on in the world of your simulated game is to me more realistic and gives me something to genuinely look forward to beyond the next game, the next series... a reason to play a lower ranked team and a goal to aim at.

As such, this IS about adding realism over a potentially long period of time. And we all have our preferences, in terms of what would make the game more enjoyable for us - I'm not too worried about improved animations etc where other people really are. This is the thing I am passionate about seeing be implemented in some form

Comment

• A couple of things I'd like are prefered batting positions for some players, where they perform better in that position (eg Trott at 3, it just seems wrong when I see him playing for England and batting at 6 or 7) not all players would have prefered positions and also perhapscontrol over the stadium, for example expanding it to increase ticket sales ad thus revenue and the ability to bid for test matches at your ground or at least to know if a test is being played there. In a similar vein it would be nice just to know which ground you are playing e.g. it says Edgbaston or Lords or Old Trafford etc. It is probably too late to put these into the next version (unless you already have!) but just some things I'd like in the future

Comment

• I'd also like players' club history just because it would be nice, and stats for each team they have played for. And more ones in limited overs, in 50/40 overs espicially, players just don't get singles unless the aggression is almost full.
        Last edited by TheMoonUnitExperience; 06-09-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Left Armers

I guess the game is in its final stages but one easy fix/change i think should be made and easy to implement would be for left arm bowlers to be preset to bowl over the wicket rather than round. IRL left armers will nearly always start bowling over the wicket and i get fed up with changing this!

Comment

• Originally posted by duzzlertron View Post
            I guess the game is in its final stages but one easy fix/change i think should be made and easy to implement would be for left arm bowlers to be preset to bowl over the wicket rather than round. IRL left armers will nearly always start bowling over the wicket and i get fed up with changing this!
            I like this.

Comment

• I've been caught out (in the managerial sense) a few times by not swapping what side of the wicket my bowler is on.
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

• I would like the return of triangular tournaments, and it would be realistic as last year Zimbabwe, India and Sri Lanka had one and CA have just announced that there'll be one early next year between Australia, India and Sri Lanka. They are quite fun and remove some the monotony that creeps into the ODIs sometimes, gives them some more context if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                  I would like the return of triangular tournaments, and it would be realistic as last year Zimbabwe, India and Sri Lanka had one and CA have just announced that there'll be one early next year between Australia, India and Sri Lanka. They are quite fun and remove some the monotony that creeps into the ODIs sometimes, gives them some more context if you like.
                  Christ! The way CA is going we'll be back to back-foot no balls and 8-ball overs at this rate!
                  World Serious Cricket

Comment

• Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                    Christ! The way CA is going we'll be back to back-foot no balls and 8-ball overs at this rate!
                    Ah but progress marches ever forward, does it not, never backward, otherwise we fans (perish the thought) might be able to get acclimatized to the changes - or at least keep track.

It reminds me of what Douglas Adams says about the two theories, something like:
                    "There is a theory which states that if we ever come to an understanding of the universe, it will instantly be replaced by something even more puzzling.

There is a second theory which states that this has already happened."

Comment

• One thing i will love to see in ICC 2011 is an option of training an allrounder with both the batting and bowling technique at the same time. This will certainly be a big move and very usefull one also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                        I shudder at the thought of returning to 8-ball overs. *shudders*
                        But seriously I am genuinely happy that they have reverted back to the triangular tournaments. What I don't like is that they consistently devalue clashes against New Zealand. I mean, I think that 2-test series are ridiculous and that the minimum should be 3. Because as soon as a team wins the first test that's it, the opposition can't win the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                          I shudder at the thought of returning to 8-ball overs. *shudders*
                          But seriously I am genuinely happy that they have reverted back to the triangular tournaments. What I don't like is that they consistently devalue clashes against New Zealand. I mean, I think that 2-test series are ridiculous and that the minimum should be 3. Because as soon as a team wins the first test that's it, the opposition can't win the series.
                          I'd like to have seen how some of the great bowlers of the past decade would have handled an 8-ball over. Or if Shaun Tait could bowl one without breaking down.

2-Test series are a joke. 3 should definitely be the minimum.
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

• One more thing that could make the next version exciting is appointment of a coach, I know we play as a coach as well but it will be so exciting that if i am playing with India and after Sachin retires and i get an option of appointing him as a coach.

Comment

• I actually really like the above idea, hadn't thought of it myself. Being able to appoint former players as coaches, in a similar way to player contracts, and the better the player the better they coach (or something similar). Or the coaches have an overall effect on all coaching and training eg Sachin improves all batting coaching overall but coaching still works in the same way.

Comment

• Another nice function would be the ability to change the player Icon. Not the way he plays. If the is a bowler that you use as an all-rounder then you can change his icon to an All-rounder icon.

Comment

Working...
                                X