Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you are playing a County and International game and a Test match finishes early (e.g. Day 3), you cannot play a county fixture which is/starts on days 4 or 5. Could this be sorted out?

Comment

• At the moment I don't think that the Australian domestic mode is anything like as good as the English domestic mode. I'm not one of those advocating that the actual contract system need changing so that it's the same as the English one, but I feel there are improvements that need to be made before it is at the same level as the English mode. I think that it would be a massive improvement if one could have more of a role in the development in youngsters and grade cricketers, as currently one has no influence on this, as far as I'm aware.

Also with regards to the way that players move between states, it seems a bit random and contrived. One way in which i think it could be improved is if we knew what caused players to move, if indeed it isn't random. For example, if players' morale was introduced this could be used as a basis for players deciding to leave. Morale could be based on a number of things like form, playing matches, coaching etc and perhaps be also altered with interactions with players, eg promising first team action.

I think morale and player interaction, along with retention of a lot more records and statistics (which there is widespread support for) are needed to move ICC up to the next level. It's probably too late for ICC 2011, unless the ideas have already been developed, but I think the points are still worth making.

Comment

• We're definitely looking at the Aussie system to try to get more realism and involvement into it.
        Last edited by aus5892; 05-10-2011, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
          We're definitely looking at the Aussie system to try to get more realism and involvement into it.
          In terms of realism will you copy the current one-day Ryobi Cup set-up with the split-innings?

Comment

• There have been a lot of changes to the Australian system (with the T20 franchise next season as well), these are changes which involve a lot of work, which is frustrating as it eats in to our limited and available resources.

Of course, the game being as realistic as possible is something we'll always strive to do. You'll have to wait and see what we do with it, all will be revealed in good time.

Comment

• Is there any way to control training sessions in 2010? If not maybe more control over that?

Also possibly an option within the team selection screen for field settings.

At the moment its only possible during a game, but obviously we would want different fields for each format (2020, One Day and FC), so changing it everytime is long!

Comment

• You can save your favourite field settings and then just name them, then when you want to go back to it, load them from the field editor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  You can save your favourite field settings and then just name them, then when you want to go back to it, load them from the field editor.
                  It can be quite fiddly doing that. Would be an idea to allow us to change the default fields to whatever we want and then save them for further use.

Comment

• The default fields are slightly more complicated than that. They aren't the greatest and are quite inefficient on how they actually work and way more complex than they should be, it's one of the things to do, whether that will be for 2011, I can't say atm. It's not just a case of creating a new field and setting it as a default, unfortunately.

Yes, it is fiddly. I've made suggestions before to the rest of the team of using keyboard shortcuts. We'll see how we go, it's certainly an area that we will improve.

Comment

• Something I think really needs changing is there should be generated youth players who don't bat and bowl with the same hand (e.g. LHB/RM, RHB/SLA, etc).

If you look at international cricket in real life, there is a massive proportion of players like this, and it's unrealistic not to have them in the game. Examples in real life cricket are Chris Gayle, Michael Clarke, Graeme Smith, Alastair Cook, Stuart Broad, David Warner, Phil Hughes, Shiv Chanderpaul, Ravi Rampaul, Taufeeq Umar, Gautam Gambhir, and the list goes on and on. I could name 100+.

This is something I've requested since the 1990s and it has never been changed. Can it please be changed in ICC 2011? It makes the game unrealistic without it, like there not being any wicket-keepers, or there not being any opening batsmen.

Comment

• Need a list of counties that a player has played for each season so you can keep track of players and the averages for that county.

For instance if I want to sign Umar Akmal for my Durham team I could click on him and see he played t20 matches for Derbyshire and how he got on.

Comment

• We need second nationalities and naturalisation. At first in ICC08 I thought Azhar Mahmood played for England and it really deserves a mention. And we need more countries and the WCL and Intercontinental Cup. And are there any plans to add the new Aus T20?

Comment

• Off-season training. I think I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I thought it was worth mentioning again.
                            World Serious Cricket

Comment

• While I'm thinking of it - historical series. These were pretty cool in the previous versions. Maybe for the 2011 version (although it's probably a bit late now) Historical World Cups to play!
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

• Historical series are awesome, and not just Ashes stuff.

Scenarios could be pretty cool too.

Comment

Working...
                                X