Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have the money and you dont want to buy any new players then have the chance to spend more than 50,000 on coaching, physio or youth team

1. You could have 15-20 players on coaching to get techniques for younger players
    2.Youth team spend more to make better players avaliable

Comment

• sureshot reply about ICC2011

Originally Posted by itsimranarif
      its almost end of may and there is no official news about ICC 2011?????
      and sureshot what are the chances of IPL session In ICC 2011? please replay
      Hi,

News on 2011 will come in due course and I cannot comment on any new features at this present time.

Sureshot
      Immu the star

Comment

• I'm wondering what's going to happen in the game with regards to the 50 over World Cup?

Obviously it's a bit up in the air at the moment but hopefully Associate nations will still be included in the tournament in the game.

I personally would love to have the chance to take control of Ireland or one of the other non test playing nations such as Holland or Afghanistan.

Comment

• A minor thing, but the addition of nightwatchmen would be an interesting thing. I know as a player, I can impliment it, but it would be interesting to have the AI use this as a tactical option, even if it is only now and then.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

• referalls

1 introduce referalls in tests
            2 improve the LBW as my players are often given out hit outside the line when playing a shot

Comment

• wicket keepers

the wicket keepers drop too many catches have the amount of catches dropped depend on the quality of the keeper so players like dhoni and foster drop very few catches

Comment

• Main one is inclusion of Associate nations.Ireland,Afghanistan and Zimbabwe have all made vast improvements and deserve representation in the game.

Another one is to have venues listed,perhaps at the top of the screen.

'1st Test Australia vs New Zealand | WACA Ground,Perth |'

Pitches may vary according to the venue.

To add to that - Pitch reports would be a good idea,its hard to know whether to bat or to bowl without thorough assessment of the conditions,by doing this you give greater importance to the toss.It can be fairly basic :

'Typical sub-continental pitch'
                'Bowlers can reverse it with the older ball/at around 60-75 overs)'

or

'Bit of moisture in the pitch/Green tinge in the pitch'
                'Will swing in overcast conditions'

etc etc.
                Last edited by MrCricket1; 06-04-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Early ends to a sessions play. In RL if a wicket falls in the last over before a break, the break is usually taken, and then play resumes, and the over is completed in the next session. Not a major thing, just a realism thing.
                  World Serious Cricket

Comment

• I would like regen players younger than 18. This currently does not happen and it would be more realistic of we had a few 15-17 year olds. Possibly not 15 year olds, but I figured we've already got Gibson, so that's a possibility. I don't think that this would be hard to implement as there are already people of that age in the game, just not regens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      I would like regen players younger than 18. This currently does not happen and it would be more realistic of we had a few 15-17 year olds. Possibly not 15 year olds, but I figured we've already got Gibson, so that's a possibility. I don't think that this would be hard to implement as there are already people of that age in the game, just not regens.
                      Good idea. It would be nice to be able to shape players from a younger age.
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

• When you sim a limited-overs game where you've picked 5 bowlers, can you fix it (please?) so the AI at least tries the bowlers you've picked, instead of using part-timers with nothing whatsoever to recommend them?

I have lots of saves (in multiple versions) that I'm trying to bring up to date (ie. to 2011) so I have to sim. Even if you pick a guy as one of your opening bowlers, the AI might not even use him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
                          When you sim a limited-overs game where you've picked 5 bowlers, can you fix it (please?) so the AI at least tries the bowlers you've picked, instead of using part-timers with nothing whatsoever to recommend them?

I have lots of saves (in multiple versions) that I'm trying to bring up to date (ie. to 2011) so I have to sim. Even if you pick a guy as one of your opening bowlers, the AI might not even use him at all.
                          The AI does some truly bizarre things when controlling a team (and this is most definitely one of them). Sometimes it seems to have absolutely no idea how to use bowlers. Even when you are playing against the AI, I've smashed bowlers to every corner of the ground, and he keeps the bowler on, over after over, bowling the maximum overs available. It's mind boggling.
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

• I've always been all for things that allow you more opportunities to play as associates and it seems its become a more and more common theme and desire in the community which is something I'm excited about!!! I can't wait until I can play as Afghanistan and gain test nation status from the ICC.

My preference for dealing with the World Cup is in line with something I've suggested before - 'default' and 'option' games. Just make it a ten team tournament as a default, but allow a player at the start of setting up the game to have options in how many teams are in the tournament - able to pick anything from 8 to 16, and then the top x odi rated nations at a particular point in time qualify for the cup.

Comment

• I think the ODI rankings should include associate sides and full member sides should play them occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden View Post
                                I've always been all for things that allow you more opportunities to play as associates and it seems its become a more and more common theme and desire in the community which is something I'm excited about!!! I can't wait until I can play as Afghanistan and gain test nation status from the ICC.

My preference for dealing with the World Cup is in line with something I've suggested before - 'default' and 'option' games. Just make it a ten team tournament as a default, but allow a player at the start of setting up the game to have options in how many teams are in the tournament - able to pick anything from 8 to 16, and then the top x odi rated nations at a particular point in time qualify for the cup.
                                Although it might be fun to get associate members to test level, in real life it is a long way away from happening. I know cricket coach implemented it so that you could, however I thought the way they did it was extremely unsatisfactory.

The ICC, controlled by the test playing nations, would not take test status away from a member just so it could give another member test status. Also, way it worked meant you effectively got a yo-yo effect. The team that got relegated from the test championship invariably won the lesser event 3 times in a row and got promoted back up, whilst the team that got promoted struggled to win enough matches against the established nations so got relegated straight away.

Rather than focus on unrealistic events that are unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future and implement a completely fictional system of introducing new test playing nations, I'd rather see the developers focus their attention on making the game as realistic as possible and increasing its depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X