Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a bit of a problem that I remember from some of the previous versions going as far back as Australian Cricket Captain.

In the international game, I'm playing as Australia, in the 2nd season of the game, played the yearly tri-series, winning all 6 group games, then as I prepared for the best-of-3 finals series, I pressed continue and it went all the way through to the start of the next tour, auto-playing all 3 of the finals, with my last picked 11 (a weakened team that I put in against Zimbabwe in game 6) where I was defeated by South Africa by 10 wickets, 7 wickets and 170 runs (bowled out for 84).

A bit frustrating after beating SA in pretty much every other game on the tour haha.

Interesting that it did let me play the finals in the first season, it is (so far) just the second which skipped it. Also in real life, the 3rd game doesn't get played at all after one side wins the 1st 2 - at least in the Australian tri-series anyway. In the game you still have to play the 3rd one.

Really enjoying the game so far otherwise
    Cheers
    Last edited by rparkes; 07-22-2008, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Help

Originally posted by lyates View Post
      Everytime i try load, i cannot ecause it says unrecognised file format, wht can i do. I spent ages on my game
      Can someone who know what there doing tell me whats happened. Please.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        In tests (and FC?), scoring big totals seems a bit overdone whereas taking wickets seems too hard.
        I've found big problems in Test matches. 1600 runs per game seems about normal. The First Class game has been about perfect for me, at Essex.

Comment

Yeah I agree, I've found Test matches I've played (as Australia) to be regularly very high scoring regardless of conditions. In most games I play neither team is able to bowl the other out for anything less than a large score. For example I just had a series against South Africa - in all but 1 of the 5 games both sides made well over 500 in one of their innings.

Interestingly, the 3rd and 4th innings in particular seem to regularly produce hardly any wickets. Some extreme examples: in one game I declared in the 3rd innings at 0-423, and in another at 3-608 with a triple hundred by Ponting. This was after SA had made over 500. Both times I set them a huge target and was unable to get more than 3-4 wickets in a day and a bit in good bowling conditions. In the first game SA declared at 3-570 in the 3rd innings after following on.

I pretty much never got Duminy out in the whole series - he made 6 centuries - 3 of them not out in the 4th innings to save 3 matches. Also Amla made 2 big double hundreds against me and Smith 4 hundreds.

When I play sides weaker than South Africa however, these sort of scores still happen occasionally but less often.

Comment

hi

I bought the game (shop not download) couple of days ago but have managed maybe half hour gameplay max before it crashes, all save files show as corrupted and when I confirm the prompt to retreive an older file it states it has encountered a problem and needs to close the program.
            All in all not a great start.

Came on here hoping to find a patch, no joy.

What I have noticed though is my version of the game is V8.11, however when you click to by the game via download the prompt tells me you will be downloading version 8.12.

If v8.12 is available to buy why is there no patch to update my version to this?

Comment

...then as I prepared for the best-of-3 finals series, I pressed continue and it went all the way through to the start of the next tour, auto-playing all 3 of the finals, with my last picked 11...
              Just a further update on this - I've only just gone back to this game after a few days - it also seems to have skipped the squad selection for the next tour - so I am stuck with my fairly experimental one day team from the previous series for a test match tour...

Comment

Originally posted by Hackers76 View Post
                hi

I bought the game (shop not download) couple of days ago but have managed maybe half hour gameplay max before it crashes, all save files show as corrupted and when I confirm the prompt to retreive an older file it states it has encountered a problem and needs to close the program.
                All in all not a great start.

Came on here hoping to find a patch, no joy.

What I have noticed though is my version of the game is V8.11, however when you click to by the game via download the prompt tells me you will be downloading version 8.12.

If v8.12 is available to buy why is there no patch to update my version to this?
                These versions are the same. One is download and the other is the CD. We need to keep them separate for the patching system.

Empire's support staff are the best people to contact with a problem on a particular machine. We haven't had many crash bugs reported, so it might be a problem with your drivers. Email support@empire.co.uk and they will run through some diagnostics with you.

Comment

I can't see the stadium and the crowd during the game. What could be the problem.

Comment

As SAfrica my schedule in 2008:
                    India (A)
                    England (A)
                    Bangladesh (H)
                    Australia (A)
                    Australia (H)

2009:
                    Sri Lanka (H)
                    Australia (A)
                    Australia (H)

Against the Aussies 4 times in 5 tours...............

Comment

I have the same trouble in ICC 06, but the tours are in the 2020's XD

Comment

Very odd ball tracker?

I was just playing a match when suddenly my players appeared on the ball tracker. Theyre just stood there.

Strangley enough when I took the screenshot there was only bits and pieces of the player visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                          I was just playing a match when suddenly my players appeared on the ball tracker. Theyre just stood there.

Strangley enough when I took the screenshot there was only bits and pieces of the player visible.
                          looks like the West Indian 'Scream'! Voodoo!!!

Be scared. Be very scared.

Comment

Tactis saving

II've tried to save a custom tactic but I get a runtime error message and then the game ends

Comment

I still find it hard to believe some of the fields the other team set. I was in a one day game and 250/4 with 5 overs left and they still had 2 slips.

Surely the fields they set should be defensive?

Comment

I rarely see bowlers or even all rounders taking the man of the match award. It seems as if the game doesn't really care about which team the man of the match belongs to, as long as he has had the highest amount of runs in the game. I know it's just a minor annoyance, but it bothers me big time.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

How does Hamish Marshall get the man of the match when:
                                1. He's on the losing team (I know it happens in real life sometimes that the losing team has the man of the match, but this is ridiculous...)
                                2. He made 19 in the second innings
                                3. Tim Murtaugh top scored in the second innings AND took 6/45 to restrict them to 168 all out

I'd have even understood if Chris Peploe or even Anthony Ireland got the award, as they bowled well in both innings. But having Marshall get it just seems so random to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X