Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that the profile shows the actual sallary, and the Personal list shows the value of the player if he got a new contract today. It makes scary reading for me mid season when youth players have come through...

Comment

nope. that wont be true..
      otherwise it would be rediculous to have someone paid 5 tims his salary last season.

eitherways its confusing.. and should show similar figures (at the end of season you always get to see their expected salary and current salary tab) so whats the point of 2 different figures during season.

Comment

I think something which could be addressed is the randomness of shot selection. For example, players far too often get out playing big ugly shots when on a defensive or very defensive setting. Just now I lost a wicket the last over of the day with my batsman going for a big swipe despite being on a very defensive setting. Players simply wouldn't play this shot in that situation!

Comment

Michael Carberry blugeons me round the park every single time I play against him, despite the fact he has a defensive style there isn't a single time he hasn't scored at more than a run a ball against me in a one day game.

Comment

! Oli 987

very valid point..
            ugliest of ugly shots.. when on very defensive styke they make room to try hit over covers/point and end up giving an easy catch to slips or keeper.
            i hate that.. tht definetely is unexpected and alarming for a top batsman.

Comment

saved games

i so far have had two saved games on my laptop
              one of which i had 3 seasons with an all conquering essex squad which seemed to dissapear.
              then i started a new season with surrey and was onto my third and tried to load it yesterday but it had dissapeared again. I just don't understand where they have gone as they have loaded successfuly before, however randomly dont appear, and i do not want to keep starting new seasons then losing them!

Comment

What OS are you running, XP or Vista?

Is it in the saves folder in the ICC2008 folder in your hard drive?

Comment

in that folder there is only the shortcut and the readme file?
                  so no the saved games have disappeared, how is that possible and i am on vista

Comment

I don't have a lot of experience with Vista, unfortunately.

Just a couple of things to try:

1) Do you regularly virus scan your laptop, including Spyware remover?
                    2) Have you tried searching your computer for the save file name?
                    3) Do you lose any other files on your laptop?

Only other thing that I can think of, is that do you often use system restore? It's an unusual problem and I don't remember anyone else having this issue.

Also, do you have the boxed version of the game or the digital download?

Comment

• i dont scan my laptop very often, i have only used system restore once, that was a while ago. it is the boxed version of the game, have searched for it and just cant find it!
                      confused

Comment

• On Windows Vista, the save files should be located at:

C:\Users Folder\User name or Account Name\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles
                        \Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves (Cap & Save File).
                        Depending on the Vista Software that you have installed and any user accounts created the path may vary slightly.

If you run the exe directly by clicking on it on the folder, then Vista looks in the standard, XP type, location which is:
                        Windows XP =

C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves \ (Cap & Save File)

That's the reply I got from Chris, I hope that helps.

Comment

• cheers yeah it did
                          still not there though, just one more question, can saved games from another laptop be moved? through burning or memory stick?
                          much obliged

Comment

• I've just encountered an error in the game and hope this is the best place to post this.

Playing the County Game, I recently had a number of my players called up for the World Cup. Most of those players were at the time of being called up, receiving both training and physio. As with the game usually (and this is a point that should be addressed within the next version) you cannot redeploy the physio to another player right away as it becomes stuck on your player that is currently away from the club for a short time. (Clicking the player to try and move the physio just comes up with the message that the player is away on international duty).

However this time, the training sessions also did the same thing and these sessions are usually freed up straight away. I thought the real annoyance of this was that they would be stuck for the entire World Cup tournament.

However an even bigger problem arose as on the players' return: the sessions and physio disappeared altogether!!! This is really annoying as it's only about a third of the way through the season! I am currently on the 2020 season within the game and this is the first time, this situation has ever happened to me. I'm hoping it will be the last...

Comment

• Originally posted by spaniel89 View Post
                              cheers yeah it did
                              still not there though, just one more question, can saved games from another laptop be moved? through burning or memory stick?
                              much obliged
                              I can't see why not. If it were me I'd copy it to a memory stick and paste it into the file on the computer you are transferring it to. Remember to C&P both files (Cap and Sav).

That's a horrible bug Screenwriters. Can't say I've ever had any problems with training and physio sessions being 'locked' when a player is called up for international duty. Hard to think of a suggestion for a cure as I've never come across a problem with that bit in ICC08. What happens once you start the next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                                That's a horrible bug Screenwriters. Can't say I've ever had any problems with training and physio sessions being 'locked' when a player is called up for international duty. Hard to think of a suggestion for a cure as I've never come across a problem with that bit in ICC08. What happens once you start the next season?
                                Normally for me, the physio becomes 'locked' on an international player when called up for one or two domestic games, that's fine. But as I said, this time all of the physio and training sessions were locked on my players for the whole World Cup. And on the players' return, they then actually disappeared totally from the menu altogether. So I've now only got four training sessions and two physios to deploy for the rest of the season and they haven't returned yet. I've only played around another 1/4 of the season since, but I'm hoping that the change of season will cure this and I'm quite confident that it will.

Thanks for the response and sorrow Sureshot, much appeciated! And I shall let you know how the season change goes. It's been a unique challenge this season!

Comment

Working...
                                X