X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rishi View Post
    Hi Aus,

Just like the RFM and RMF issue that we understand needs to be corrected for game to depict realism and not confusion. I also find that its not only that left armers (fast or medium) are by default bowling 'around the wicket' line, but they take more wickets with that line then the 'over the wicket' line.
    Around the wicket usually should only be to upset a well set batsmen and may be take a wicket, but over the wicket must be far more aggresive line for left armers.

Do you think, this can be corrected in next version. It kinda looks stupid just to get a wicket I have to stick with 'around the wicket' line, and I believe others would agree with the same.

To add to this, may be even the default feilding set-up. Minor changes, but just to strive for that much wanted realism.
    I haven't observed closely enough to get an accurate picture, but it might be a case of the game not taking into account the likelihood of modes of dismissal. I'm hypothesising based on what you've said that the only effect that going around and over the wicket has in the game is increasing the likelihood of LBWs if the left-armer goes around the wicket, since most balls that pitch outside leg aren't going to be given out. When a left-armer goes over the wicket, the game should (if it doesn't currently) increase the likelihood of the bowler getting a catch - it's often the angle that makes it awkward. Again, I haven't examined this sort of thing closely enough - all of my bowlers are right-armers - so I could well be underestimating the depth of the game engine.

Originally posted by Themer View Post
    There is no issue with this they are correct, Right Fast Medium is a bit faster than Medium hence Medium Fast and Right Medium Fast is Mediumly fast bowling without being out and out fast so they are right, if I've written that correctly.
    The conventional form that I have always seen in terms of classifications is that Fast Medium is faster than Medium Fast. More importantly, the problem with your syntactic explanation is that in the phrase "medium fast", medium is not an adverb, and so the bowling style cannot be described as "mediumly fast". Even if we tried to assume "medium" to be an adverb, neither medium fast nor mediumly fast would be grammatically correct; mediumly isn't a word and medium cannot even function as an adverb. Similarly, in the phrase "fast medium", fast is not an adverb.

In conclusion, though: it's not important - as long as you can tell the difference, it doesn't change anything.
    Last edited by Cyril Washbrook; 12-27-2008, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• i was playing as hampshire and i have none contract to renew so i press continue and i only was able to pick youth and overseas players and there was no domestic screen

Comment

• Cyril Mate, you possibly did everything in your post to show the correct manner of writing a FM or a MF bowler.

The game's bowling speed through highlights confirm that FM and MF issue still exists (eg: RMF being faster than RFM athough RF is still correctly outright fast). This was what I said could be changed around -To have your fast medium bowlers bowl at faster pace than medium fast.

For what I understand with experince from the observed error with default bowling lines, this issue might be affecting gameplay as well and in addition also creating confusion.

Comment

• Bug In New Patch 7.14

Hey there,
          Just wanted to make someone aware of this bug.

I was playing Aus vs. SA (as Aus) this morning, 2nd ODI in early 2012.

Chasing 354 on a flat deck, I was cruising at 2/311 before collapsing to 7/341 and eventually needing 8 off the last over. M.Hussey was on strike, and the first ball of the last over he smashed to mid-off, and was fielded by one of the fielders. The screen then showed the pitch and Hussey running to the non-strikers end for a single, but then the umpire signalled a boundary. The next delivery, M. Johnson was on strike and he hit the winning boundary through square leg.

These little bugs aren't a big thing for me, I play the game for the statistical value and not so much the graphical value, but I thought that was a pretty big glitch there, especially in the patch
          The Cult Of Personality

Comment

• Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
            Hey there,
            Just wanted to make someone aware of this bug.

I was playing Aus vs. SA (as Aus) this morning, 2nd ODI in early 2012.

Chasing 354 on a flat deck, I was cruising at 2/311 before collapsing to 7/341 and eventually needing 8 off the last over. M.Hussey was on strike, and the first ball of the last over he smashed to mid-off, and was fielded by one of the fielders. The screen then showed the pitch and Hussey running to the non-strikers end for a single, but then the umpire signalled a boundary. The next delivery, M. Johnson was on strike and he hit the winning boundary through square leg.

These little bugs aren't a big thing for me, I play the game for the statistical value and not so much the graphical value, but I thought that was a pretty big glitch there, especially in the patch
            Hmmm... I was going to say that the mid-off fieldsman misfielded, but then that can't explain why Johnson was on strike. Are you sure that there wasn't a single in between?

Comment

• Nope.
              I watched it like 5 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
              I shoulda made a screen dump but it didn't occur to me at that time.

I still find it awfully weird for something like that to happen, and now I find myself watching more than I used to to see if it happens again.
              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

• By the way, there was no single, it was just 4, 4 and game over
                The Cult Of Personality

Comment

• this happend with me also but dont remember excately

Comment

• Daniel Vettori

Why is Daniel Vettori SO bad on the game...it bugs me.. as whenever i play with or against NZ he plays as a batsman???
                    when clearly he is 1 of the best spinners in the world. This bug should've been fixed on the UPDATE

Comment

• Just thought I would make someone aware of this, if they aren't already...one of my players was given out lbw for this...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ellboss View Post
                        Just thought I would make someone aware of this, if they aren't already...one of my players was given out lbw for this...
                        Could be the element of human error being thrown into the game?

Comment

• some kind a glitch or bug look at screen shot India all out but still playing says play over i amnot playing updated version due to editor.
                          just curious.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• We can not provide any support for the old version, if you choose not to update there is nothing we can do about any bugs you may encounter.

Comment

• i am not saying i need help just little curious that it could happen in the new version also just a random bug.

Comment

• Custom fielding

When ever I set a field and click on SAVE the games closes and shows some error.
                                D.T

Comment

Working...
                                X