Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed that One dayers and One day Internationals result in the exact same stats in current matches. Same thing happens with First Class and Test matches.

For example; Ricky Ponting has currently played 4 one day internationals and averaging 46 runs thus far.....this stat will be exactly the same for his One dayers column too.

What's going on there?

I have noticed there is an issue with the statistics. The statistics for first class and test matches are the same...and same with one day domestic and one day international games....has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by Sureshot; 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Well it should with First Class and Test matches, because the Test match records are included in First Class records. It's the same with ODI records and List A records.

Comment

• hmm, i think they are actually different. You don't see Brian Lara's highest test score of 400* as his highest score as his first class score...list a and odi should be different also....odi and tests should only be recorded when nations play against each other.

Comment

• Lara's highest FC score is 501*, which is why it shows up as his highest FC score rather than the test score of 400* which is lower. But in all official records, ODI and Test matches are listed as List A (OD) or First Class games. Ricky Ponting's test matches for Australia will show up in his FC and test career, but his FC matches for Tasmania or Yorkshire won't show up in his test career.

That's the way all official records are set out.

Comment

• Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
            Lara's highest FC score is 501*, which is why it shows up as his highest FC score rather than the test score of 400* which is lower. But in all official records, ODI and Test matches are listed as List A (OD) or First Class games. Ricky Ponting's test matches for Australia will show up in his FC and test career, but his FC matches for Tasmania or Yorkshire won't show up in his test career.

That's the way all official records are set out.
            Tony. Aus and Sureshot are 100% correct. Test matches are First Class games and ODIs are List A games, therefore Test and ODI stats will be added to a players FC and List A statistics.

The juxtaposition of the stats in this way are actually quite interesting as by looking at the difference between their Test and FC stats for instance, you can see how they have adapted to Test level cricket, some of whom actually have better averages at the top form of the game.

If a player's high score is attained in a Test match, then his FC high score will naturally also be this. If his FC and Test HS appear different on a player's statistics, then you will know that the player must have acheived a higher score within a non Test match, First Class game, most probably a Domestic match.

Cricket stats have been this way for as long as I can remember and the stats within ICC are correct in this manner.

Comment

• Extreme Confuzzlement.

Hey, For Some Reason Whenever I Try And Play The Demo For ICC '08 I Get A Message Saying "Invalid Disk Inserted".

Any Suggestions?

Comment

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

The only thing I can think of is if you've changed some files, I think the way to fix it would be to delete everythign and reinstall it.

Comment

• Yeah went through and deleted all the old files and what not and reinstalled it. And it's now working like a charm.

Cheers for the help mate, much appreciated!

Comment

• No problems, glad to hear it works now.

Comment

• I'm playing as Australia at the moment. It's February 2010, and I'm about to embark on my fourth series against South Africa...

Comment

• Playing as?

Or is this a mis-post and should be in "How are you doing" thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          Playing as?

Or is this a mis-post and should be in "How are you doing" thread?
                          As I said, Australia (international only). Looking back in this thread, it seems a few others have had the same problem of repeatedly playing against the same team over and over again.

Comment

• The South Africa mistake is definitely there where you play them in consecutive seasons, that's just the game's inbuilt fixtures.

Comment

• Default bowling lines

Hi Aus,

Just like the RFM and RMF issue that we understand needs to be corrected for game to depict realism and not confusion. I also find that its not only that left armers (fast or medium) are by default bowling 'around the wicket' line, but they take more wickets with that line then the 'over the wicket' line.
                              Around the wicket usually should only be to upset a well set batsmen and may be take a wicket, but over the wicket must be far more aggresive line for left armers.

Do you think, this can be corrected in next version. It kinda looks stupid just to get a wicket I have to stick with 'around the wicket' line, and I believe others would agree with the same.

To add to this, may be even the default feilding set-up. Minor changes, but just to strive for that much wanted realism.
                              Last edited by rishi; 12-26-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rishi View Post
                                Hi Aus,
                                Just like the RFM and RMF issue that we understand needs to be corrected for game to depict realism and not confusion.
                                There is no issue with this they are correct, Right Fast Medium is a bit faster than Medium hence Medium Fast and Right Medium Fast is Mediumly fast bowling without being out and out fast so they are right, if I've written that correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X