X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone,

im really enjoying this new version of the game

however i cant help noticing that theres a ridiculous amount of LBWs

rarley does a game go by where theres not atleast 5 per innings.

has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?

Comment

India v SA series

I've started an international game as West Indies and noticed that in the SA v India series, the 2nd Test match of the series was played twice!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexB View Post
        I think there are issues when batsmen retire hurt - I have four instances of retired hurt in about 6 matches, which is a high occurance rate (although a small sample size).

However, in addition to the problem I found when my guy was hurt (see page 1), I've had an issue where an AI batsmen was hurt. After Peter Fulton went, on the dismissal screen instead of saying 'Retired Hurt' it read 'Not Out', and no-one came in to replace him.

You can see however that Fulton is still scoring runs (in the bottom left corner), and he has appeared in the highlights as well.

FWIW when I reloaded the game, Fulton reappeared in the batsman info panel as if normal, and I was able to change line length & field again to him

Comment

I always thought that left arm pace bowlers would bowl from the other side of the wicket to right handed batsmen (going by the maxim that over the wicket is defined by the bowling arm being that closest to the umpire).

Comment

Playing as England, the stadium was missing from one end in the 3rd test, so it appeared that the fans were sitting in mid air!

This could be my PC I guess - on the basis it might have been Trent Bridge as in real life, I started a test game as Notts and the stadium was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexB View Post
              Playing as England, the stadium was missing from one end in the 3rd test, so it appeared that the fans were sitting in mid air!

This could be my PC I guess - on the basis it might have been Trent Bridge as in real life, I started a test game as Notts and the stadium was fine.
              Same thing here.

Comment

Bug Saved Games

Hi,

If you can save the game at the point where any bug in the highlights happen it would be massively appreciated. These sorts of bugs are rare and very difficult to repeat. Keep a copy of the save and then send a mail via the "contact" section on the left. We'll then tell you how to get the save to us.

Your save will be in one of these locations:
                Windows Vista =

C:\Users Folder\User name or Account Name\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles
                \Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 3\Saves (Cap & Save File).
                Depending on the Vista Software that you have installed and any user accounts created the path may vary slightly.

Windows XP =

C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 3\Saves \ (Cap & Sav File)

Chris Child

Comment

Though for ICC 2008, it is more likely to be in the folder entitled International Cricket Captain 2008

Doing save files are relatively simple. Not as intimidating as it sounds.

Comment

Oops

Windows Vista =

C:\Users Folder\User name or Account Name\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles
                    \Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves (Cap & Save File).
                    Depending on the Vista Software that you have installed and any user accounts created the path may vary slightly.

Windows XP =

C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves \ (Cap & Sav File)

Comment

I'm a little concerned over 1-day scores: playing a Leics career, I felt that the 50-over scores were generally at least 20-30% too low (225-230 seems to be a very good total from what I've seen so far)

Then I got to Twenty20 and started taking more notice into the AI matches. I ran a quick spreadsheet, and as at 18th June there have been 27 1st innings that got at least into the final over - the average 1st innings total was 121.04.

I've run the same calculation from this year's real life Twenty20 - the first 27 scorecards of 1st inninngs that get at least into the final over show an average total of 159.37.

IRL there were 17 innings of 27 that were 150+. In my game, there were three out of 27 of less than 100, and only one of over 150 (strangely a massive jump to 178 ). That's only one innings in 27 that is within 10 runs of the RL average total.

IRL, there were 2 of the first 27 cards showing a total of less than 120. There were 9 innings (always of 27) in my game lower than the RL lowest total.

IRL there seven cards out of the 27 higher than the highest ICC2008 total from these 27 cards.

This is not a massive sample size, but is enough to show that there is a problem in Twenty20 totals, and it appears to be about 30% out.

Comment

Ok, done a similar exercise on the FP Trophy from this year - my game is at the SF stage, and the RL trophy is at the final stage, so very similar.

The first thing to note is the number of rain affected games IRL (36) v.s number affected by rain in ICC2008 (0). However, I don't mind this as it's a game, and I'd prefer to win/lose by playing than by random chance, and I can see D/L would be a nuightmare to programme. A good compromise might be to have rain affected matches, but where some play is always possible (i.e the overs get reduced for each side as IRL)? This would add some different strategies to the game, as a 29 over game would need more aggression than the 40/50 over versions, but more patience than Twenty20. Plus it might be easier to program?

As far as average scores go, it's cloers than Twenty20 - the average FP Trophy 1st innings total IRL in 2008 where at least 49 overs were bowled is 251.76 (51 innings). In my ICC2008 game (52 cards) it was 230.90 - so the difference here is about 10%.

There some notable thoughts:
                        IRL there were 7 300+ 1st innings; there was 1 (remember this is all AI v. AI to eliminate any affect my good/bad play may have)
                        The highest score in my ICC game's 52 cards was 307: IRL it was 391 (there were also two other scores of 350 this year)
                        There were 6 RL totals less than 200, the lowest was 155
                        There were 7 ICC totals less than 200, the lowest was 133
                        IRL there were 11 totals between 200-225, in my ICC game there were 15
                        IRL there were 9 totals between 275-300, in ICC 6

This suggests that the main problem in ICC is that there's roughly the right unmber of lowish totals (maybe it will prove to be one or two too many over a significant sample size), but there are not anywhere near enough big totals, which is bringing the overall average down.

Also, given the number of matches (36) that were abandoned/rain affected IRL, the number of innings into the 50th over in ICC should be way higher than the RL total - therefore the number of batting collapses or teams simply not seeing enough innings through is way too high.

All of this is with ICC being played on normal skill level btw

Comment

These numbers are based on relatively small sample sizes, but probably big enought to indicate a pattern. Based on the fact I actually want to play the game, and how each scorecard needs to be looked at individually, I'll be happy to update the Twenty20 when the tournament is complete, and to provide the 1st year's Pro40 numbers - however it would help of others could work out their completed 1st innings averages to help build a significant sample and help Chris hopefully tweak run-rates in the game.

I appreciate that this will make the game harder if the AI starts getting an extra 1.5 runs an over in Twenty20 and 20-25 extra in total in the 50 over matches, but it will add a sense of realism.

Of course, thinking about it, do the skill levels address this? I would have thought 'normal' would be closest to the RL numbers, but maybe not.

Comment

To correct one thing, there were 18 rain affected games in this season's group stages of the Friends Provident Trophy. You didn't divide by two

Originally posted by AlexB
                            The first thing to note is the number of rain affected games IRL (36) v.s number affected by rain in ICC2008 (0). However, I don't mind this as it's a game, and I'd prefer to win/lose by playing than by random chance, and I can see D/L would be a nuightmare to programme. A good compromise might be to have rain affected matches, but where some play is always possible (i.e the overs get reduced for each side as IRL)? This would add some different strategies to the game, as a 29 over game would need more aggression than the 40/50 over versions, but more patience than Twenty20. Plus it might be easier to program?
                            I don't think it should be put in the game, unless it is done properly. Ie, Duckworth-Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              To correct one thing, there were 18 rain affected games in this season's group stages of the Friends Provident Trophy. You didn't divide by two
                              Not that it matters to the average scores, but rain affected was more - I've just done a quick scanned recount on the sly at work and got 35.

Cricket results for County Cricket 2008 with links to detailed scorecards, stories and analysis

I'm including matches with curtailed overs each side (on the basis that they started late due to rain - this was the type of match I was using in my example - there are plenty of games where both sides had only 20-something or 30-something overs by prior arrangement, so D/L never came into it)
                              Those with curtailed 2nd innings only;
                              No result games
                              Games where no ballas were bowled at all.

It's a fair chunk - but I definitely agree that if D/L can't be done properly then it shouldn't be done at all.

Comment

Ah right, I thought you meant games that were NR.

Comment

Working...
                                X