X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    I'm playing as Australia at the moment. It's February 2010, and I'm about to embark on my fourth series against South Africa...

Leave a comment:

• aus5892
    replied
    No problems, glad to hear it works now.

Leave a comment:

• Matt2401
    replied
    Yeah went through and deleted all the old files and what not and reinstalled it. And it's now working like a charm.

Cheers for the help mate, much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• aus5892
    replied
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

The only thing I can think of is if you've changed some files, I think the way to fix it would be to delete everythign and reinstall it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt2401
    replied
    Extreme Confuzzlement.

Hey, For Some Reason Whenever I Try And Play The Demo For ICC '08 I Get A Message Saying "Invalid Disk Inserted".

Any Suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Screenwriters CC
    replied
    Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
    Lara's highest FC score is 501*, which is why it shows up as his highest FC score rather than the test score of 400* which is lower. But in all official records, ODI and Test matches are listed as List A (OD) or First Class games. Ricky Ponting's test matches for Australia will show up in his FC and test career, but his FC matches for Tasmania or Yorkshire won't show up in his test career.

That's the way all official records are set out.
    Tony. Aus and Sureshot are 100% correct. Test matches are First Class games and ODIs are List A games, therefore Test and ODI stats will be added to a players FC and List A statistics.

The juxtaposition of the stats in this way are actually quite interesting as by looking at the difference between their Test and FC stats for instance, you can see how they have adapted to Test level cricket, some of whom actually have better averages at the top form of the game.

If a player's high score is attained in a Test match, then his FC high score will naturally also be this. If his FC and Test HS appear different on a player's statistics, then you will know that the player must have acheived a higher score within a non Test match, First Class game, most probably a Domestic match.

Cricket stats have been this way for as long as I can remember and the stats within ICC are correct in this manner.

Leave a comment:

• aus5892
    replied
    Lara's highest FC score is 501*, which is why it shows up as his highest FC score rather than the test score of 400* which is lower. But in all official records, ODI and Test matches are listed as List A (OD) or First Class games. Ricky Ponting's test matches for Australia will show up in his FC and test career, but his FC matches for Tasmania or Yorkshire won't show up in his test career.

That's the way all official records are set out.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    hmm, i think they are actually different. You don't see Brian Lara's highest test score of 400* as his highest score as his first class score...list a and odi should be different also....odi and tests should only be recorded when nations play against each other.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Well it should with First Class and Test matches, because the Test match records are included in First Class records. It's the same with ODI records and List A records.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    I noticed that One dayers and One day Internationals result in the exact same stats in current matches. Same thing happens with First Class and Test matches.

For example; Ricky Ponting has currently played 4 one day internationals and averaging 46 runs thus far.....this stat will be exactly the same for his One dayers column too.

What's going on there?

I have noticed there is an issue with the statistics. The statistics for first class and test matches are the same...and same with one day domestic and one day international games....has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by Sureshot; 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Screenwriters CC
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    That's a horrible bug Screenwriters. Can't say I've ever had any problems with training and physio sessions being 'locked' when a player is called up for international duty. Hard to think of a suggestion for a cure as I've never come across a problem with that bit in ICC08. What happens once you start the next season?
    Normally for me, the physio becomes 'locked' on an international player when called up for one or two domestic games, that's fine. But as I said, this time all of the physio and training sessions were locked on my players for the whole World Cup. And on the players' return, they then actually disappeared totally from the menu altogether. So I've now only got four training sessions and two physios to deploy for the rest of the season and they haven't returned yet. I've only played around another 1/4 of the season since, but I'm hoping that the change of season will cure this and I'm quite confident that it will.

Thanks for the response and sorrow Sureshot, much appeciated! And I shall let you know how the season change goes. It's been a unique challenge this season!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by spaniel89 View Post
    cheers yeah it did
    still not there though, just one more question, can saved games from another laptop be moved? through burning or memory stick?
    much obliged
    I can't see why not. If it were me I'd copy it to a memory stick and paste it into the file on the computer you are transferring it to. Remember to C&P both files (Cap and Sav).

That's a horrible bug Screenwriters. Can't say I've ever had any problems with training and physio sessions being 'locked' when a player is called up for international duty. Hard to think of a suggestion for a cure as I've never come across a problem with that bit in ICC08. What happens once you start the next season?

Leave a comment:

• Screenwriters CC
    replied
    I've just encountered an error in the game and hope this is the best place to post this.

Playing the County Game, I recently had a number of my players called up for the World Cup. Most of those players were at the time of being called up, receiving both training and physio. As with the game usually (and this is a point that should be addressed within the next version) you cannot redeploy the physio to another player right away as it becomes stuck on your player that is currently away from the club for a short time. (Clicking the player to try and move the physio just comes up with the message that the player is away on international duty).

However this time, the training sessions also did the same thing and these sessions are usually freed up straight away. I thought the real annoyance of this was that they would be stuck for the entire World Cup tournament.

However an even bigger problem arose as on the players' return: the sessions and physio disappeared altogether!!! This is really annoying as it's only about a third of the way through the season! I am currently on the 2020 season within the game and this is the first time, this situation has ever happened to me. I'm hoping it will be the last...

Leave a comment:

• spaniel89
    replied
    cheers yeah it did
    still not there though, just one more question, can saved games from another laptop be moved? through burning or memory stick?
    much obliged

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    On Windows Vista, the save files should be located at:

C:\Users Folder\User name or Account Name\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles
    \Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves (Cap & Save File).
    Depending on the Vista Software that you have installed and any user accounts created the path may vary slightly.

If you run the exe directly by clicking on it on the folder, then Vista looks in the standard, XP type, location which is:
    Windows XP =

C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves \ (Cap & Save File)

That's the reply I got from Chris, I hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X