This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ashhh View Post
    Anyone managed to play a full season with Ben Coad since yesterdays patch yet? In the previous patch he didn't bowl once all season then got released by Yorkshire where he is one of the countries biggest prospects as a bowler, and in my current file 3 CC games in I have dropped him averaging 85 with the ball. A bit disappointing with how much I wanted to try him this year, and many good batsman have said his biggest strength is his consistency to aim at the stumps. A couple of players like Bresnan, Sidebottom and Rashid I feel like you've really nailed and they actually feel like their own players
    I did spend a fair bit of time tweaking his ability pre-release. He had an amazing start to the season*, very difficult to judge such a new player. Like Haseeb, amazing last season, not got going this season.

Coad's in-game rating is decent, and well above averaging 85 from 3 matches! I think at this stage of his career, his "true ability" is still quite an unknown.

*Would it be harsh to say he's tailed off in his last 3 FC matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

He's in the next database build. RFM?
      Yes thanks.

Marvellous, he is.

Also Sam Weller has been released by Kent, still on the game. Thanks.

Down as available, apparently now working in sales. Sometimes I remove these available players if they're not actually in the "cricket world" any more.

(P.S, watching Middlesex last night on TV, Ryan Higgins definitely bowling RM)

He's RM in my latest DB.

Sureshot: Up to here. Dinner!
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Minor quibble in the Pakistani domestic comps, Qaiser Abbas should probably be rated higher with the ball or rated as an allrounder (first class bowling average 29), Naved Yasin is bowling ahead of him when I autoplay matches despite Yasin not having taken a first class wicket.
        Serves me right for autoplaying, but am thinking if the AI is not bowling him then the game probably doesn't rate him.

Made him an all-rounder and have tweaked his ability.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-19-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
          TESTS

NEW ZEALAND
          Guptill batting in middle order. Very unlikely. Tod Latham keeping wickets even when Watling is in the side, that’s impossible.

ENGLAND
          Moeen Ali batting ahead of Stokes, not happening. Moeen Ali also doesn’t bowl much, he is the main spin weapon for England in Tests.

INDIA
          Karun Nair is not an opening batsman in the longer format
          New Zealand selectors confirmed Guptill will have to compete for middle order spot. He's even batting middle order domestically to get back into Test side.

Here's just one of many articles.

Martin Guptill will drop into Auckland's middle order in a bid to regain his place in New Zealand's test team.

Comment

Originally posted by evansjr View Post
            Livingstone is way too good!
            The Curran brothers need improving
            Jennings needs lower bowling ability

Some tour matches before series would be good too... The Ashes for example...
            Seems odd that tour matches have been dropped.

Comment

Dominic Sibley and Azhar Ali could be moved to defensive or average aggression instead of very defensive.
              Tom Kohler-Cadmore should be Very aggressive.

Changed SIbley to Def. Azhar Ali looks to me to be v def still based on strike rates. Kohler-Cadmore I've moved to aggressive. His last year or so is good on strike-rates, not quite sure he's all the way to very aggressive though.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I did spend a fair bit of time tweaking his ability pre-release. He had an amazing start to the season*, very difficult to judge such a new player. Like Haseeb, amazing last season, not got going this season.

Coad's in-game rating is decent, and well above averaging 85 from 3 matches! I think at this stage of his career, his "true ability" is still quite an unknown.

*Would it be harsh to say he's tailed off in his last 3 FC matches?
                Finished the season with 47 wickets @ 41 with a strike rate of 78 in 610 overs and that included me trying my best to get him cheap wickets bowling at tailenders alot of the time. I signed a few really good bowlers and my initial AI selected team included him despite having the worst figures of any bowler who had more than 3 wickets last season which must mean something I guess?

Also Peter Handscomb (incredibly overated IMO) finished the season with 1600 runs at an average of over 100, yet when I go to view his last competitions figures for first class in England it says he only played 3 games as well as saying Root averaged 17 over 4 games when at one point he had 600 runs in 4 innings for me. Both of their stats for last year seem to be correct, but the last comp figures for the batters are all incorrect with it only saying a few of my batters played double figure games.

Would be nice to see in the records what averages people achieved the highest wickets/run scores for anything post 2017 too IMO

Oh and none of the highlight camera preferences save still when you end a game which is quite basic and slightly annoying to change each new game.

Would also be nice to be able to retire a batsman in friendlies to get others a chance to bat like many teams do in real warmup games, and still very irking to see slips being used in preset 'very defensive fields' which involves some 1990s restriction methods of placing all your fielders on one side of the pitch and bowling as wide as possible which hasn't been viable for an incredibly long time now. Suggested this last year too and it was one of many things overlooked. I'm not trying to be pissy but a few of these things feel really basic and were suggested by several people in the forums last year only to, lets be nice, be low on the priorities. The players abilities do feel much more accurate this year and that is a big plus
                Last edited by ashhh; 07-15-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Rovman Powell's batting preference should be aggressive.

He's done well in OD, changed.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 07-19-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toeknee76 View Post
                    Hi thanks for the latest version of the game. For South Africa is there a reason the teams names are as they are? For example Durban is Kwazulu Natal Dolphins. Pretoria is the Northern Titans. Bennoni is Eastern Transvaal. The names stated in the game is for the town and not the Region.

As far as players go from the (Durban team so far) Robert Frylink, Andile Phehlukwayo & Calvin Savage are all actual bowling all-rounders. In the game they are bowlers only. It is not beyond reason to also put Keshav Maharaj a bowling all-rounder to
                    Question regarding updating of Data base. How do we now if what we have asked has been taken into consideration or when will changes be made? Have not heard anything back regarding the changes mentioned to players here.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                      Dominic Sibley and Azhar Ali could be moved to defensive or average aggression instead of very defensive.
                      Tom Kohler-Cadmore should be Very aggressive.
                      Sibley's turned himself into a T20 blaster so average aggression (Bats pretty steady in First Class) at the least.

Comment

Marty Kain and Andrew Mathieson have retired from domestic cricket so don't play for Central districts anymore. Ben Horne is a wicket keeper and George Worker, Anton Devcich and Sean Solia are allrounders. Jono Boult isn't an allrounder. Glenn Philips needs a massive upgrade. With Ronchi retiring it means that either Philips or Blundell will be the wicket keeper in the limited overs teams for NZ.

Also the first round of NZ domestic contracts have been released so the full squads for the 2017/18 season should be released soon.

Retired Kain and Mathieson, I imagine we should be able to get the full squads in for our next database update.

Changed those three to all-rounders, I think Jono Boult is an all-rounder, based on how often he's bowled. Seems to bowl in most innings. Improved Phillips significantly.
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Danushka Gunathilaka bats very low (sometimes 8 or 9) in ODI's. Just played an ODI where he scored 109* batting at No. 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Toeknee76 View Post

Question regarding updating of Data base. How do we now if what we have asked has been taken into consideration or when will changes be made? Have not heard anything back regarding the changes mentioned to players here.
                            I've been making comments in underlined text this year and have been editing the posts. You'll see "Updated database" in the patch notes when we've built a new one, I'll also post in here.

Comment

I've been making comments in underlined text this year and have been editing the posts. You'll see "Updated database" in the patch notes when we've built a new one, I'll also post in here.
                              Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to us all. It is appreciated. Hope to see some changes soon.

As a point of interest. Should the changes be made will they filter through to an already started game or do we have to start over again.

Comment

Andile Phehlukwayo should be an all rounder i feel, or if you want to leave him as a bowler his batting could do with a higher rating.
                                Jason Roy never gets picked for England in the game, when he does he bats at 7 or 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X