Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Miller to be added as T20 overseas for Glamorgan.

Has been changed.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-26-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• I still believe the following:

Derby: H Qadri (16 year old) underrated bowler (never plays a game for Derbyshire).

Improved, don't think he's likely to play when Tahir is available, as Tahir is pretty good. They don't really have much in terms of spin options.

Essex: Paul Walter bowling underrated.

Improved

Glamorgan. Colin Ingram to be V Agg and underrated in one day cricket.

Changed to V Agg, don't see any issues with his ability.

Glous: Benny Howell underrated bowler.

No issues with his rating.

Kent: Sam Northeast needs to be better.

Definitely no issues with his ability.

Sussex: Jofra Archer needs a small bowling increase.

He's having a good season, but they are division 2 wickets, I'm going to leave as is for now.

Lancashire: Saqib Mahmood underrated.

Been improved in a recent patch.

Leis. C. Parkinson underrated bowler.

Significantly improved.

Northants: Richard Gleeson very underrated.

Improved.

Somerset: Adam Hose and Dom Bess are way underrated.

Improved Bess, no problems with Hose' ability. Bess was also improved in an earlier patch.

Worcestershire: Charles Morris is way too good and Josh Tongue underrated.

Internationals:

Sunil Narine to be a better batsman (even one day opener, he opened in IPL for Kolkata)

Pinch-hitter, not an opener. Nothing wrong his batting rating.

Andrew Tye way underrated.

Was improved in an earlier patch, small improvement again.

McClengahan underrated.

Was improved in a previous patch, minor improvement.

V. Kohli is still too good at bowling on the game.

His bowling ability is very low, definitely in the "barely bowls" category.

Moeen Ali bowling way underrated.

See my comments on last page about this (To Preed)

Also Im not sure if its just me but my Steam has not given me an option to do a download for the latest database changes ? The latest I have is the 17.04 version. Is this correct ?
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Also Wagner needs a really big improvement. Another thing I've noticed is that Warner and Starc are often not selected by the AI which is weird because they're world class
        Can the team schedules be updated a bit. I'm playing as NZ and I keep playing Bangladesh, Pakistan and India and never have tours to England, SA, West Indies or Australia.

Also Sodhi could do with an improvement in bowling ability.

Wagner's ability is very good, if anything, too good, rather than too bad. Improved Sodhi. Re: Tours, we follow real tours as much as possible.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• 17.04 is the latest Steam version, unsure when next patch will be, we will want to deploy dropbox at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Can you re-state this for me? I'm strugling to understand what you mean.

I can't see a slip in any of the very defensive fields, one in on defensive. Bowling on middle stump looks to be 5:4 offside field on all the fields I can see as well.

Chris moved short leg out of defensive fields this year, and we're planning to move one of mid on/mid off back too. We're happy to look at fields, perhaps might warrant a separate thread.
            Team details > Records > Since 2017, if instead of it just saying Batsman name and runs you also add the average in a column after it. For me Handscomb would be there with 1600 runs at an average of 100, rather than what it actually says Handscomb - 1600. Hopefully that makes more sense, same with bowlers.

I meant short legs and not slips, even if you say he has been taken out of short leg the best you can call that is a very close mid wicket catching position when in reality everyone would be on the edge of the fielding circle. With the way the batsmen now are able to (and I applaud this) move around in their crease and target offside bowling to the leg side, the field pre-sets should show some respect to this. Bowl to a 8-2 field all you like, the batsmen still score on the 2 side as would happen in real life, which is why those fields are hugely outdated.

I think the overseas page needs addressing for county cricket (all feedback based on the English first class) as the 'IPL' tab doesn't work at all after the first season, and I've many times had players down as not going suddenly being called up and vice versa. Also, still not entirely sure why reserve overseas are free players as there is no downside to not having one. Frustrating when you sign an overseas and a backup and they both shoot off to play in the IPL when you're not allowed to have 2 overseas playing in it the same season, and then they come back to be immediately called up to internationals almost every time.

Also I know it has been addressed many times but the player training feature needs a serious revamp. There needs to be some feedback of some sort, sometimes it just feels like I am wasting a training session when I'm almost randomly trying to improve a players bowling or batting ability. There also doesn't seem to be any sort of progression ability wise from anyone in the game, the amount of incredible young players I have had come through who have been the same when I first got them throughout their whole career is never ending. This just makes me feel that most youngsters are almost fully maxed out potential wise and just need the right training sessions applying to them for a short period, but who knows what to give them

Namibia just beat Australia in the World cup group stage to knock them out, not feedback related just thought I'd let everyone know
            Last edited by ashhh; 07-26-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prefect View Post

Eh, the thing with Rahul is that being an opener and a wicket keeper it is extremely tiring stuff. I can't think of any player who has been able to open the batting and keep in tests for a long period of time except for maybe Alec Stewart. I think Rahul might be a viable candidate for keeping in shorter formats but I just can't see him succeeding in tests - and I don't think the Indian team management want him to as he has been getting injured quite a bit lately. Maybe a suggestion could be made for limited overs wicket keepers in next years version - like players that will keep in T20 and OD but not First class. I know Kedar Jadav did quite a bit of keeping for RCB in the IPL but I haven't really heard of him keeping in FC. Same goes for Peter Handscomb - He's only really used as a back-up keeper in FC but keeps for Melbourne Stars in BBL.
              I like the idea of separate match type keepers, so using your examples:

KL Rahul would be a full-time keeper in OD/20 Over, but a PT keeper in long stuff.
              Handscomb would be a full-time keeper in 20 over, but PT in OD/FC

Would have to be one for the future, as can't add that in at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael H View Post
                I wonder if Imad Wasim's bowling has been over-nobbled? He was ranked no 1 in ICC ODI rankings recently. I know he doesn't turn it much but he's clearly an effective white ball bowler but is performing very poorly in a few international saves I've tried. Yasir Shah is similar... I guess it's difficult judging ability against the vagaries of form.
                Improved both, it is very, very delicate work. Wasim seems very good in 20 over Int with the ball, but not so great in FC/OD.

Comment

• I'm now up to date with these, if people want to read back over my edited notes, please do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Improved both, it is very, very delicate work. Wasim seems very good in 20 over Int with the ball, but not so great in FC/OD.
                    Well done mate, it sounds delicate. It's funny how 90% of suggestions are improvements to player abilities but if bowlers are improved then batsmen will get out more cheaply and if batsmen improved then bowlers will be more expensive - so each change might have a knock on effect on other players.

How about Chris Morris as RF? His pace goes up and down but the Root yorker and Cook bouncer looked seriously quick deliveries.

Comment

• Playing my second career as the West Indies, i feel alot of their players are highly underrated. Would appreciate if you could look over these players.

Marlon Samuels - batting needs improving

Agreed.

Shai Hope - batting needs improving

Small improvement, his rating wasn't too bad before.

Lendl Simmons - batting needs improving

Improved.

Evin Lewis - batting needs improving

Significantly improved.

Kieran Powell - batting needs improving

Improved.

Darren Sammy - batting needs improving

Small improvement

Andre Russel - batting needs improving

Disagree, his batting ability is about right (amazed at how many not outs he has!)

Jason Mohammed - batting needs improving

Significantly improved.

Rovman Powell - batting needs improving also needs to be changed to aggressive batting preference

Already changed to aggressive (think an earlier suggestion), improved his batting again.

Keemo Paul could be changed to an all-rounder

Changed on an earlier suggestion.

Ive tried 2 international careers with west indies, both on easy and normal skill level. Tried the west indies domestic teams as well. These players above all needs higher ratings i feel.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-28-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Junaid Khan could do with a slight bowling increase.

DIsagree, looks about spot on.
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-28-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Sureshot.

I reckon when the next update is available we will have the players abilities spot on.

Comment

• Both Borthwick for Surrey and Jennings for Durham bowl too much. In first class cricket they bowl the odd over borthwick more so than Jennings. Jennings last year bowled about 70 overs in his 20 first class matches in my save he's bowled more than that in 3 games. They both need to be much lesser bowlers.

Tom Curran is still very underrated.

Also does the standard of keepers vary? Foakes according to Alec Stewart is the best gloveman in the world. For Surrey sangakarra is keeping ahead of him in every save I do. If keepers do have variety in keeping standard then foakes needs to be the best rather than not keeping.

Comment

• Thanks Sureshot for hearing most of our database suggestions relating to player abilities. As people from different nations follow their own regional comp. they would have better knowledge about the domestic players and changing the abilities according to their suggestions makes the game feel more closer to reality. Thanks for the efforts.
                              Last edited by Preed; 07-29-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• New database in the latest patch, I'm up to and including Muzzy's last post.

I feel this is a great database update, especially combined with the new historical last comp and last comp +1 stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X