This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
    Dear Sureshot, in the beginning of this post " Bowling speeds are (in order of slowest to fastest): M > FM > MF > F" should be M > MF > FM > F
    I queried this some time ago. Maybe two or 3 version ago. While some countries (South Africa included) go M > MF > FM > F it seems that some countries go M > FM > MF > F and the game has adapted that format.

Comment

Dear Sureshot, just played an ODI match where David Warner got 7-34 bowling leggies against India! Click image for larger version  Name:	Warner 7-34 vs India.jpg Views:	2 Size:	570.9 KB ID:	61692

Decreased Warner's bowling ability.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

TESTS

NEW ZEALAND
        Guptill batting in middle order. Very unlikely. Tod Latham keeping wickets even when Watling is in the side, that’s impossible.

Tweaked.

ENGLAND
        Moeen Ali batting ahead of Stokes, not happening. Moeen Ali also doesn’t bowl much, he is the main spin weapon for England in Tests.

Talking to Chris about this.

INDIA
        Karun Nair is not an opening batsman in the longer format

Changed to OD/20ovr opener.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Livingstone is way too good!

Toned him down a bit, pretty sure he was nobbled in an earlier patch.

The Curran brothers need improving

Tweaked.

Jennings needs lower bowling ability

Improved his bowling.

Some tour matches before series would be good too... The Ashes for example...
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Alister McDermott is also far too good. He doesn't hold a state contract currently in real life, yet is consistently being picked for international sides in the game.

Lowered his bowling ability.

Travis Head needs to be improved, particularly his bowling, his current bowling skills doesn't reflect reality.
            He bowls regularly in ODIs for Australia and in all forms for South Australia.

Improved his bowling.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toeknee76 View Post

I queried this some time ago. Maybe two or 3 version ago. While some countries (South Africa included) go M > MF > FM > F it seems that some countries go M > FM > MF > F and the game has adapted that format.
              I think it all goes down to grammar. From our perspective, we're reading it as Medium, (Fast)-Medium, (Medium)-Fast and then Fast. Rather than the other method which would be: Medium, Medium to Fast, Fast to Medium and then Fast. You can make a case for either. Generally on the telly I only see Medium, Fast Medium and Fast.

Talked at lengths with Chris about this., my impression is that if we have a bowling speed display in the highlights then it negates the relevance of the system we use. Not a straight forward feature, but combines a new feature with clarification on a long-serving one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobi-Wan View Post
                Alister McDermott is also far too good. He doesn't hold a state contract currently in real life, yet is consistently being picked for international sides in the game.
                Travis Head needs to be improved, particularly his bowling, his current bowling skills doesn't reflect reality.
                He bowls regularly in ODIs for Australia and in all forms for South Australia.

I often joke with a mate of mine that Alistair McDermott must be mates with the developer. He's not at all first class standard in real life, and somehow manages to work his way into my Australian team whenever I don't look closely at the default selections.

Comment

Only just started a game - enjoying a first go at a WI domestic (Windward Islands, the only team not to have won the title before). I'll give more feedback once the game develops but have noticed that Keemo Paul should probably be an allrounder (and perhaps RMF instead of RFM). Well done Sureshot on the regular updates - CC16 was a bit wonky at the beginning but I was playing really accurate saves a few months ago, with interntational line ups all very realistic and a big reduction in odd regens - so its obvious that the work you do on updating through the year really adds balance and nuance to the game.

Changed Keemo to an all-rounder. Not sure on his pace, couldn't find videos of him online, or anything specific in articles about bowling at good pace, etc. He looks a cracking prospect, will be checking his ability too.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael H View Post
                    Only just started a game - enjoying a first go at a WI domestic (Windward Islands, the only team not to have won the title before). I'll give more feedback once the game develops but have noticed that Keemo Paul should probably be an allrounder (and perhaps RMF instead of RFM). Well done Sureshot on the regular updates - CC16 was a bit wonky at the beginning but I was playing really accurate saves a few months ago, with interntational line ups all very realistic and a big reduction in odd regens - so its obvious that the work you do on updating through the year really adds balance and nuance to the game.
                    Thanks for the feedback.

There is an awful lot of depth, especially with the 130 domestic squads we now have in-game, to go with the 4,000+ (4,189 to be precise) players. I'm always working with Chris and Dan on how we can make it better*, especially upon release. I was a bit late posting squads up this year, the new leagues were a big job.

I think the database that went in on Sunday patch is pretty solid, I think the next one will be even better.

*And easier for us to manage.

Originally posted by powercord84 View Post

I often joke with a mate of mine that Alistair McDermott must be mates with the developer. He's not at all first class standard in real life, and somehow manages to work his way into my Australian team whenever I don't look closely at the default selections.
                    We're not BFFs, I will take a look!

Spent yesterday on new builds and bug fixing, I want to look at a couple of things online after lunch and then I'll look at database feedback again.
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: Because I can

Comment

Footitt back to Notts from Surrey on a 2.5 year deal, covering this season

I hate these kind of transfers, first half of the season with Surrey...we generally like to do it as of 1st April, unless the player doesn't play for that team in those few months.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:36 PM.
                      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Durham appear to have signed Imad Wasim for the T20 blast (https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/s...89882045399040)

I'm sure this will be confirmed by the next database update.

Comment

Think you should still be able to select Umar Akmal as a wicket keeper, i understand he doesn't really keep wicket anymore but its not like he's forgot how to. Can the option to select him as a wicket keeper be brought back in the next database update.

Changed him to a part-time keeper. Fair?
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Andy Umeed for Warwickshire is down as a leg spinner but he bowls off spin in real life

He seems to be down as Leg-Break everywhere, you seen him bowl?
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Again, unsure where else to put this request as there is no relevant thread for it. But can Bangladesh have more 3 match and 5 match test series'? It feels very silly when I get Bangladesh into the number 1 spot in test matches during my career and they continue to play 2 match test series'. In my 20 year career in the 2016 version, I had no 3 or 5 test match series'. Additionally, I had 5 match ODI series' only 3-4 times. Is there any way you can give them more 5 match test and ODI series'?

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                                Just downloaded the new update. Thanks guys.

Last things:

Sam Cook - young bowler at Essex missing.
                                He's in the next database build. RFM?

Comment

Working...
                                X