This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prefect View Post

Eh, the thing with Rahul is that being an opener and a wicket keeper it is extremely tiring stuff. I can't think of any player who has been able to open the batting and keep in tests for a long period of time except for maybe Alec Stewart. I think Rahul might be a viable candidate for keeping in shorter formats but I just can't see him succeeding in tests - and I don't think the Indian team management want him to as he has been getting injured quite a bit lately. Maybe a suggestion could be made for limited overs wicket keepers in next years version - like players that will keep in T20 and OD but not First class. I know Kedar Jadav did quite a bit of keeping for RCB in the IPL but I haven't really heard of him keeping in FC. Same goes for Peter Handscomb - He's only really used as a back-up keeper in FC but keeps for Melbourne Stars in BBL.
    Yes that's a good suggestion. Having a keeper-opener in tests does seem unlikely - Latham also gave up the gloves to open for NZ I think? From what I remember Stewart used to bat at 5 or 6 when he was keeping for England, although I might just be remembering the last bit of his career. I didn't realise Rahul had kept wicket so much (cricinfo's profile suggests he can keep 'in an emergency') so that's your call Sureshot. Thanks for looking at Pandya and Jadeja.

Comment

If Keogh is and all rounder then Cobb is most definately one too.

Changed
      Kleinveldt is debatably an all rounder too. Scores runs fairly regularly.

Changed, his Northants record is decent with the bat.

Max Holden is also missing from Northants, he is on loan for first half of the season.

We don't support loans.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Colin Ingram for Glamorgan is rated as average aggression, and also seems a bit low in ability. The past few seasons his record, particularly on 20/50 over games has been as good as anyone in domestic cricket and right at the top of strike rate/6 hitting stats suggesting he would be a prime candidate to be very aggressive.

His ability is about right, agreed on aggression, so changed that.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Have played on the new update till 2019 and the below changes are needed -

Ind
          J Bumrah's bowling ability needs to be increased,

I see no issues with his ability.

Krunal Pandya's batting and bowling abilities needs to be increased vastly as currently in game his OD averages for batting have been close to 15 and
          bowling averages around 45.

Improved.

Jay Bista's batting ability needs to be increased vastly,

Vastly improved

Rishi Dhawan's bowling ability needs to be reduced,

Reduced.

S Gill's batting ability needs to be increased,

Improved.

V Kohli needs to be an opener in T20 format as he has been opening for India recently and also for RCB last season,

Changed.

Mahipal Lomror's batting ability needs to be increased,

Improved

A Mukund's batting ability needs to be decreased,

Decreased.

K Nair's batting ability needs to be decreased,

Decreased

P Ojha's bowing ability needs to be decreased,

Decreased.

W Sundar's all round ability needs to be increased as he was a consistent part of Pune IPL side for this season and in the save he has batting average of around 15 and bowling average around 55,

Improved.

B Thampi's bowling needs to be increased slightly,

Improved.

Kuldeep Yadav's bowling ability needs to be increased,

Disagree, his abilities (current and potential) look good to me.

Eng
          Moeen Ali's bowling ability needs to be increased,

Chris has spent quite a bit of time tweaking Moeen.

NZ
          M Santner's all round ability needs to be increased vastly,

He's already rated highly in both departments, if anything his ratings are too high.

SA
          Lungi Ngidi's bowling ability needs to be increased,
          K Rabada's bowling ability needs to be increased as currently he averages more than 30 in all Intl formats,

No problem with either's rating.

SL
          Shehan Jayasuriya's batting ability needs to be reduced,

Reduced.

N Dickwella's batting needs to be increased as currently in game he is nowhere near Intl selection,

Improved

WI
          S Hope's batting ability needs to be vastly increased,

He's been improved in a previous patch, his rating is fine.

A Joseph's bowling ability needs to be vastly increased,

No problem with his rating, very few bowlers in WI better than him.

A Russell's all round ability needs to be vastly increased,

His ratings look fine, if anything we rate him too good with the ball.

Zim
          S Williams batting ability needs to be increased as he currently averages around 25 in all formats in game,

No problem with his batting rating, sounds like he hit some bad form.

S Raza still hardly gets selected in any format in game whereas in real life he is an integral part of Zim team for both batting and bowling, so all round ability needs to be vastly increased,

Improved and added international selectors.

C Ervine's batting ability needs to be increased vastly,

Improved

S Mire's batting ability needs to be vastly increased, he currently averages 25 in FC cricket and does not get selected in any Intl format,

Has been improved.

Afghan
          Rashid Khan in game playing for Hyderabad picks up around 10-12 wickets every season but gives away runs at around 9.5 RPO which is far from reality, neither was he in Afghan 2019 WC team which shows he is lowly rated in game whereas in real life he has shown he is a world class bowler.

Improved his accuracy, his rating was improved in a previous patch.

M Nabi's batting ability needs to be increased as currently he comes at no 9 for Hyd below Bipul Sharma which is incorrect.

Improved
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Australia
            Travis Head - batting needs improving
            Chris Lynn - batting needs improving
            Nathan Coulter-Nile - bowling needs improving

Improved Coulter-Nile and Head, Lynn's ability looks fine this side.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preed View Post
              SA
              K Rabada's bowling ability needs to be increased as currently he averages more than 30 in all Intl formats,
              Would absolutely dispute that, I've got him averaging 26.9 in Test and ODI, and 21.14 in T20I in 2025.
              Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

I selected Mark Footitt in five Tests including the last Ashes Test but he then retired. So did Jade Dernbach when they were both what... 31?

Is this to do with Surrey having lots of young bowlers?

Wouldn't it be possible to say that minimum retirement age is 34/35 because it's frustrating to invest in someone who then retires so young?

Many thanks

Comment

Gloucestershire's Gareth Roderick (A wicketkeeper) is playing as an opener in First Class cricket but tends to bat at four in real life.

He opened a lot last season. 16 out of 26 innings opened. I think I'll leave him as an FC opener, as he can open in FC if needed.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post

Would absolutely dispute that, I've got him averaging 26.9 in Test and ODI, and 21.14 in T20I in 2025.
                    Agreed, his ability in-game is like it is in real life. He's one of the best bowlers out there.

Comment

• Jhye Richardson's bowling could do with a higher rating, his average is 55 with the ball in my current game. Also dosent seem to get picked at all by his t20 big bash team.

Improved.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Also feel player retirements need to be looked at. Ive had a few uncommon ones. Jos buttler retired at the age of 31. Kevin Pietersen continues to retire after one season. I was playing a career with sussex and ajmal shahzad retired after one season. Cant player retirements be extended into there late 30's especially the players that play t20 cricket around the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                          Also feel player retirements need to be looked at. Ive had a few uncommon ones. Jos buttler retired at the age of 31. Kevin Pietersen continues to retire after one season. I was playing a career with sussex and ajmal shahzad retired after one season. Cant player retirements be extended into there late 30's especially the players that play t20 cricket around the world.
                          In fairness, KP is actually retiring this season, so the one season retirement is correct.
                          Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

• I wonder if Imad Wasim's bowling has been over-nobbled? He was ranked no 1 in ICC ODI rankings recently. I know he doesn't turn it much but he's clearly an effective white ball bowler but is performing very poorly in a few international saves I've tried. Yasir Shah is similar... I guess it's difficult judging ability against the vagaries of form.

Quoted the post.
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-27-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              Currently we don't differentiate between batting and bowling all-rounders with regards to there being specific difference in player types. We generally use an FC bat average of 25 to determine if a bowler falls in to the AR category, though we will weigh recent seasons more heavily for that, etc. It's not a dead set number. I will also look at batting position.

Doesn't come across as argumentative at all, lots of database feedback will be subjective and I'm very happy to discuss anything on this. The more information people give me the better, especially when comparing to existing players in the game who you think are good, I've always liked that comparison.

As of right now Phehlukwayo has 3 50s from 63 innings in FC/OD, I'm discounting 20 over record as he wouldn't be getting enough batting time to make it relevant to this discussion. He averages 17 with the bat from 23 innings for his franchise team in FC (a similar average in LIst A cricket for his franchise). In the recent ODI series against England he was batting at 8. He's got talent and in a year could be an all-rounder, but right now I don't think he is.

I'd agree on Savage being very close, and the closest to being an all-rounder. I'm pretty close to making him so, in fact I have just done so. Batting at 6 and 7 in FC a lot last season.

Frylinck spent a lot of FC last season batting at #9, he did pretty well with the bat last season. Averages 18.8 for FC for his franchise in 33 innings. 23 in LIst A, so he's on the cusp, and seems to prefer the shorter stuff? Though that average is boosted with 11 NOs in 39 innings.
                              Any indication when the changes you mentioned here will be realised? I have seen no update in game yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post

In fairness, KP is actually retiring this season, so the one season retirement is correct.
                                He isn't retiring, he won't be playing t20 bast in England after this season, but he will continue playing t20 cricket around the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X