Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, I am really impressed with the amount of hard work you have put into creating & maintaining the CC '17 database. Having recently purchased the game for the first time since 2013, I can safely say that the game has come a long way & CC continues to be most authentic cricket simulator known to man. I am especially loving the realistic stadia!

I am also glad to discover that you so openly interact with the public on threads such as these. I've noticed that the "all-time greats series" hasn't recieved much of an update since it was first introduced in CC '13, I was wondering if it might be possible to add some big names that are missing?

AUS

Billy Murdoch (+), Jack Blackham (+), Clem Hill, Joe Darling, Warwick Armstrong, Ted McDonald, Herbie Collins, Warren Bardsley, Bill Woodfull, Bert Oldfield (+), Bill Brown, Lindsay Hassett, Jack Iverson, Greg Matthews

ENG

Arthur Shrewsbury, Frank Woolley, Frank Foster, Bert Strudwick (+), George Gunn, Maurice Leyland, Cyril Washbrook, Bill Edrich, Bill Bowes, Gubby Allen, Tony Lock, Raman Subba Row, John Emburey, Robert Croft

RSA

Herbie Taylor, Alan Melville, Denis Lindsay (+), Neil McKenzie

WI

George Francis, Manny Martindale, Basil Butcher, Charlie Griffith, Wayne Daniel, Winston Benjamin, Kenny Benjamin, Sherwin Campbell

IND

CK Nayudu, Vijay Merchant, Amar Singh, Mohammad Nissar, Srinvas Venkataraghavan, Nawab of Pataudi snr, Nawab of Pataudi jnr, Kiran More (+), Sanjay Manjrekar

NZ

Stewie Dempster, Martin Donnelly, Mark Burgess, Ken Wadsworth (+)

PAK

Sadiq Mohammad, Mohsin Khan, Azhar Mahmood

SL

Sidath Wettimuny, Anura Tennekoon

ZIM

Duncan Fletcher, Andy Pycroft, Kevin Curran, Andy Waller

Hopefully you guys agree that some of these players deserve to be included, either for their stellar Test records, influence on the game, or for gameplay purposes, which would make a lot more scenarios from the past possible. Kind regards.

Comment

• Hi,

I've been holding off starting a game with Notts in light of recent personnel changes but these have not been made in the 17.05 version.
      Is there a reason for this?
      Lumb & Smith retired
      Footitt signed through 2019 season

Also Adam Hose has joined Warks from Somerset with immediate effect.
      Lewis Gregory now seems to be an opener in T20 cricket.

Comment

• Can you make James Vince an opener in OD as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPH84_Notts View Post
          Hi,

I've been holding off starting a game with Notts in light of recent personnel changes but these have not been made in the 17.05 version.
          Is there a reason for this?
          Lumb & Smith retired
          Footitt signed through 2019 season

Also Adam Hose has joined Warks from Somerset with immediate effect.
          Lewis Gregory now seems to be an opener in T20 cricket.
          Both Lumb and Smith have played matches this season, we generally make the database relevant to start of the season, I think if they play matches between start of the season and the point they retire in real life clouds the decision a bit.

We don't have mid-season player movement, so again those players will have to wait until a later version as Footitt has played for Surrey and Hose for Somerset this season (and thus correct as of start of the season). Awkward decisions, as fans from the former club will want them in their team and fans from the new club will want them in the new team.

Comment

• Jade Dernbach keeps retiring after 2 seasons, could be fixed.

Comment

• In all 4 of the my saves Kohli is out of the top 10 test batsmen by the end of the 1st year. Can you make a tweak to stop this massive immediate drop-off for Kohli.

Comment

• Is it possible to explain why players retire in the game when they do?

Do they have to reach performance related targets combined with age and contract to keep them going or are there player specific presets?

Maybe it'd be giving too much away but would be good to know. Be great if player advised if they were playing their last season.

Any possibility there could be a minimum retirement age of at least 34?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Both Lumb and Smith have played matches this season, we generally make the database relevant to start of the season, I think if they play matches between start of the season and the point they retire in real life clouds the decision a bit.

We don't have mid-season player movement, so again those players will have to wait until a later version as Footitt has played for Surrey and Hose for Somerset this season (and thus correct as of start of the season). Awkward decisions, as fans from the former club will want them in their team and fans from the new club will want them in the new team.
                  Thanks for addressing the post and putting forward the reasoning behind it.
                  I noticed Tom Kohler-Cadmore had been re-assigned to Yorkshire after his in-season move so assumed the latest player moves would also be reflected.

Comment

• Yeah, it's definitely the most realistic ICC I've seen! Have a look at the Spreadsheet I linked too, which is first team only (also excludes test and County, though)

I just looked back at my long paragraph and it sounds like a long screed, given what I just said. And I realise I have biases just like anyone...

Harmer shouldn't be Defensive - L/O S/r > 100 and all... Nqolo is too good (he is a bits and pieces, more a batsman...) K Smuts is an all-rounder - though also a bits and pieces one. Bokako is a bit too good, though I can see him getting there, maybe. Gqamane is a little too weak? (Unless he just won't perform for me) - he's complex though; at his best he was 145km/h and extremely destructive. Went off the boil a few seasons back, but on the up over all... Birch is a little weak. Nortje too strong, at least for now, but he definitely has the potential to be that good... in 2 or 3 years (very raw at this point). Also, he's coloured. Ingram is part-time keeper - you still have that classification?

Hamza is much higher rated, though hasn't converted at top level yet (I don't know if you have a potential variable like Cricket Coach). Khomari too good. Malan too good. Tshiki way too good. Verreyne perhaps too good, highly rated youngster who hasn't yet done anything at top level. Same with Galiem. Keegan Pietersen is a part time keeper.

Swanepoel an all-rounder. Second a little weak? He's probably very close to SA team, behind Klaasen ito keeper/batsman. Patrick Kruger too good. Baartman too good. Budaza a little weak, though he's only had one (very) good season last season... Marchant de Lange a bit weak? Ntuli way too strong!

vd Dussen a little weak (also close to SA side). Mosehle should be v aggresive.

Erwee a little weak. Zondo a little weak, he's one of the best players of spin in the country and has come off some very high scoring seasons (his first few seasons, as a youngster were diabolical, but once found feet he's been piling on runs. Makhanya a little weak, though opinions will be divided - a lot of failures, but a few excellent knocks; talented, but not converting yet. Savage a little weak? Has performed well, but been very injury-prone.

Behardien should at least be Aggressive (one of the best ODI S/Rs in SA history!?) Moonsamy might start too good? He's certainly one of the hottest young talents, and I don't know how your "potential" system where young players develop with time works, but he was picked in 2018 for SA ODI side and that's a bit much? Dala is not medium (he bowls low 140s / high 130s mostly). Siboto also a little underrated - very consistent seamer over last few years - late bloomer.

Shezi is missing. Mehl too good. Frenz too good (2nd team stats!) B Mosena way too good. Nhlebela too good. Pedi waay too good (he has an SA contract in my game?!) Stuurman too good (2nd team medium pace trundler!) Rickelton too good (well-rated youngster, yet to do anything at first team level). May be others lurking in the amateur/uncontracted section... With a few exceptions - e.g. Hume, Shamsi until recently (Dolphins had Maharaj, Tahir and Subrayen contracted!) - players without franchise contracts are pretty low quality.

Comment

• Two years in and some of the RSA 2020 Franchises are battling to field full teams, filling up with useless generated players. I don't know how feasible this is from a coding point of view, but rather than generate new players when the squad is too small as in England, could SA teams not fill from their semi-pro sides (e.g. Northerns/Easterns) at similar wages, since that is more likely what would happen. I realise that it may be a lot of effort for something quite low down on an (extremely) long list of priorities...

Comment

• http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...er/380988.html - am I missing something? This guy is now averaging 50 in L/O and has been picked by SA (2021). Friend of the developer?

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAB View Post
                          Two years in and some of the RSA 2020 Franchises are battling to field full teams, filling up with useless generated players. I don't know how feasible this is from a coding point of view, but rather than generate new players when the squad is too small as in England, could SA teams not fill from their semi-pro sides (e.g. Northerns/Easterns) at similar wages, since that is more likely what would happen. I realise that it may be a lot of effort for something quite low down on an (extremely) long list of priorities...
                          If you're in PC/Mac we'd be interested in getting your saved game. SA is probably the most complicated system we have to manage.

PJ Jansen is not a friend of ours (to clarify, we don't do anything like this with anyone), but he might have slipped through the net. I'll take a look at his abilities.

Comment

• That was a joke. (Though FIFA 97 I think did have one of the developers as a superplayer!) Happy to send you my saved game...

Comment

• All in all it's been a delight to finally play SA domestic teams in ICC. I've played them in Crichet Coach, which had the advantage of an editor, but their match engine has always been abysmal! I'd say they're about 85% accurate, which is no mean feat! I do follow our domestic game rather more obsessively than most though... The two xls sheets I uploaded previously may been enlightening for a lot of more established players, as they are franchise-only, unless you already have this data.

Comment

• Junior Dala is high 130's / low 140's - RMF not RM. On the other hand, I'm not sure Budaza is LF, but I haven't seen enough of him (had a very good first season, though, even if he was largely a back-up to Olivier / van Schalkwyk...

Changed.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 09-12-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X