This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Link for Ryan Higgins - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40335904 . Definitely a medium pacer.

James Skyes should be available.

Regarding Kent's overseas, it is a tricky one but I personally reckon it should be Parnell main overseas, Yasir Shah reserve, Milne and Neesham T20.
    Hmm, looks like Higgins might bowl off spin and RM?

Sykes played a few games for Leics in this year's OD comp. Mid-season changes are tricky, bit like Westwood and Shreck this year.

I went with the current Kent overseas as Milne is likely to play more FC cricket than Yasir (and probably more cricket for Kent than any other overseas). Parnell is Reserve so that he's available when Milne is away for the OD games (which matches what he played IRL this season).

Always so many combinations with Overseas!

Comment

Not sure Lewis McManus should've been changed to a t20 opener for Hampshire. If I remember correctly he did a makeshift role for 2 games last season after Carberry got diagnosed with cancer and Vince was with England resulting in an absence of openers. With Carberry, Adams, Vince, Rossouw and Alsop around now I can't see him filling that makeshift role for the significant future.

Good point, changed.
      ​​​​​
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-14-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Boyd Rankin is selectable for England and shows as playing ODIs last year but he's back with Ireland now.

Back with Ireland in our latest live builds.

Liam Livingstone shows as a leg-spinner but he's switched to off-spin now.

Looking around, seems he can bowl both.

Many thanks for all efforts with the game.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-14-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone managed to play a full season with Ben Coad since yesterdays patch yet? In the previous patch he didn't bowl once all season then got released by Yorkshire where he is one of the countries biggest prospects as a bowler, and in my current file 3 CC games in I have dropped him averaging 85 with the ball. A bit disappointing with how much I wanted to try him this year, and many good batsman have said his biggest strength is his consistency to aim at the stumps. A couple of players like Bresnan, Sidebottom and Rashid I feel like you've really nailed and they actually feel like their own players

Sureshot: Currently to here.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-14-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

West Indies Domestic.. I selected Barbados CC for FC and OD... Selected L Simmons and Dwayne Bravo only to realize that they have both retired from Test/FC/ODI/OD.. There is no point having them in the selection mix for FC and OD. I am sure there are other such players too!

PS - I have selected a different team for T20 matches (T&T).

Comment

Ashar Zaidi of Essex is a regular in ODs and T20s irl, but in game doesn't play any games for them. Needs a decent increase in his bowling skill and a little bump in his batting skill.

Improved his bowling.

Looks like Solomon Mire was improved in the latest update, but not nearly enough it seems to get selected for Zimbabwe. Needs to be a regular in ODIs and probably T20s.

Significantly improved his batting.

Liam Plunkett is underrated in his bowling. He is not good enough in game to be picked as often as he is irl.

Improved his bowling a bit.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Dear Sureshot, just for your information "The RFM (right arm fast medium bowler) in general bowls quicker than the RMF (right arm medium fast) bowler, but is still not express enough to be RF (right arm fast)". I think you got that wrong in your post regarding bowling speeds.

Comment

ALL ODI FORMAT

PAKISTAN

Fakhar Zaman bats at 4 in all ODI matches in the game, he's an opener. Imad Wasim bats higher than Shoaib Malik! This is a serious flaw. In one match, Mohammad Hafeez was batting at No.9! All this seems very unrealistic.

Improved Shoaib Malik and Hafeez. Toned done Wasim's batting. Zaman not opening is an odd one, will investigate.

SRI LANKA
                  DM de Silva (Dhananjay) is a middle order batting all-rounder. In the game, he opens the batting always which is a flaw. For some reason, Angelo Mathews bats at No. 3 in all ODI's. While I personally would prefer him to, in reality, he would never come in up the order. Danushka Gunathilaka is an opening batsman with occasional bowling skills; in the game, he bats at No. 6 or 7.

Changed Dhananjaya to a middle order all-rounder, as it seems he's not opening much in recent games. One of these awkward players who floats about the batting order.

BANGLADESH
                  Imrul Kayes is an opening batsman, plays No. 5 or so in the game. Mossadek Hossain bowls a bit, never seems to in the game.
                  WEST INDIES
                  Shai Hope batting at 7 is too low. Samuels, Pollard never bowl. Instead West Indies bowling is 2 pacers, 3 spinners bowling the 50 overs almost always.

Samuels isn't bowling much any more. Hope has been batting 7 in Tests, awkward to get him higher in ODIs.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

1984 Historical scenario - The West Indians have Black Helmets where they should have Maroon helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                      Dear Sureshot, just for your information "The RFM (right arm fast medium bowler) in general bowls quicker than the RMF (right arm medium fast) bowler, but is still not express enough to be RF (right arm fast)". I think you got that wrong in your post regarding bowling speeds.
                      Is this in one of my posts on here or on the help text in game?

Comment

Can warm up games be added to the international teams fixtures?
                        For instance, England have no warm up games for the Ashes tour.

This is more bugs rather than database feedback, but it has been noted and Andy is looking in to it.
                        ​​​
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Is this the thread where I'm allowed to campaign for Mark Footitt to be made a bit better please?!

Many thanks

Now a bit better with the ball.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I haven't bought 2017 yet, I'm waiting for the dropbox sync issue to be resolved before I do. But I was taking interest in this thread to see what has happened with the database and noticed this comment:

Originally posted by Shax12 View Post

Chris Lynn should be Very aggressive style
                            I can't agree strongly enough with this, he's probably the most aggressive batsmen in Australia.

Lynn is very aggressive in the latest live database.
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Dear Sureshot, in the beginning of this post " Bowling speeds are (in order of slowest to fastest): M > FM > MF > F" should be M > MF > FM > F

Comment

Hi thanks for the latest version of the game. For South Africa is there a reason the teams names are as they are? For example Durban is Kwazulu Natal Dolphins. Pretoria is the Northern Titans. Bennoni is Eastern Transvaal. The names stated in the game is for the town and not the Region.

Various reasons for team names being as they are. You can change the team name for anyone you want in game by using the editing pencil on the right side of the team name.

As far as players go from the (Durban team so far) Robert Frylink, Andile Phehlukwayo & Calvin Savage are all actual bowling all-rounders. In the game they are bowlers only. It is not beyond reason to also put Keshav Maharaj a bowling all-rounder to

Not sure on these, they can all bat, but they all seem to have boosted stats from provincial cricket.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-18-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X