This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clwalcott View Post
    I also wanted to know, when I select Tendulkar, say, in a "Greats" team...I'm getting like 2004 SRT right? Not 2013 version...
    Good point, are all non-retired players in their 'peak' period when selected in greats teams?

Comment

Fitness attributes

In recently concluded 1st ashes test ANDERSON bowled 13 overs spell in 2nd innings to secure a close victory for ENGLAND ...BUT in icc...every bowler tires at same rate so same no. of overs they bowl in a spell . IRL some fit bowlers bowl LONG SPELL(dhoni uses bhuvi for 8+ overs)

INRODUCE FITNESS ABILITY TO BOWL LONG SPELLS.(maybe having GYM SESSIONS as we have physio)

these things can be applied for batting too with FIT BATSMEN able to play longer innings .

THIS GAME GOT BASICS RIGHT and can succeed further if all features mentioned in this thread could be implemented.THANKS FOR GIVING US SUCH A NICE GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by satya9889 View Post
        INRODUCE FITNESS ABILITY TO BOWL LONG SPELLS.
        This is a good idea. Some form of 'Strength and Conditioning training' could be available under bowling technique to gradually increase spell length and decrease injury rates for the very quick bowlers, especially? Bowlers should also sometimes randomly pick up injuries during a match, even when their fitness gauge is not low. A muscle can go at any time!

Comment

One tiny change being requested here... for the 'Rebate' for 'Overseas League' players, I'd suggest a much higher amount... at the moment it comes to about 10% of the player's salary for the county, whereas in real life the figure (I'd guess) is more like 10% of the player's IPL salary. The move has to be profitable for the county for the team to allow their player to play in said overseas league.

Comment

Sometimes, players even younger than 18 (or 17, whatever the minimum age for youth players is) should be introduced into squads or available to buy in the youth section. And adding to this, if a very young player comes into, say, a county squad and is shown as a bowler, sometimes the player should naturally change from bowler to batsmen through either training or natural improvement in batting and deterioration in bowling (last part doesn't necessarily have to happen). This has happened a lot irl.

Eg of players changing roles or at least significantly improving in one department while the other deteriorated:

Mark Richardson
            Wilfred Rhodes
            Gary Sobers
            Nasser Hussain
            Vikram Solanki
            Kevin Pieterson
            Bob Woolmer
            Michael Bevan
            Ravi Shastri
            Thilan Samaraweera
            Aaron Redmond
            Steve Waugh
            Stuart Broad
            Shoab Malik
            Glenn McGrath
            Majid Khan
            Nathan Astle
            Scott Styris
            Last edited by Alrounder80; 07-19-2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Being able to move team is essential.

Captain currently means nothing - captaincy ability is key. As should there be an option for 'auto-fields' as set by the captain - the quality of which should be determined by the captain ability stat. Bad captains set bad fields.

Comment

A good addition was the choice of formats you play in - but you should be able to change your choice at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by File A View Post
                  Captain currently means nothing - captaincy ability is key. As should there be an option for 'auto-fields' as set by the captain - the quality of which should be determined by the captain ability stat. Bad captains set bad fields.
                  I agree that from what I can see anyone can be captain and the team performance is seemingly unaffected. I mostly go with who ever in the most in form !

I disagree with your auto-fields to be set by captain as I like to set these myself, however I appreciate that others will want to perhaps do less in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                    One tiny change being requested here... for the 'Rebate' for 'Overseas League' players, I'd suggest a much higher amount... at the moment it comes to about 10% of the player's salary for the county, whereas in real life the figure (I'd guess) is more like 10% of the player's IPL salary. The move has to be profitable for the county for the team to allow their player to play in said overseas league.
                    Is that what the rebate is for then ... never realised

Comment

As mentioned on another thread the ability for a player to retire from specific formats would be nice. Other than that, I think that your players should get a boost in 20-20 skills or some of their salary back if you choose to let them play in the IPL. You should also have the opportunity to decline them permission to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                        As mentioned on another thread the ability for a player to retire from specific formats would be nice. Other than that, I think that your players should get a boost in 20-20 skills or some of their salary back if you choose to let them play in the IPL. You should also have the opportunity to decline them permission to play.
                        Thanks for posting the retirement one mate
                        I think you do get a rebate for the IPL though don't you ?

Comment

Originally posted by File A View Post
                          A good addition was the choice of formats you play in - but you should be able to change your choice at any time.
                          Perhaps at the start of each season would be good? I would also like to chop and change eg manage everything for county and just tests for country..

Comment

Accurate weather patterns/climate would be nice. Also a feature vote in this thread! Perhaps one could vote for 3 things? I know most requests won't be able to be implemented but it would be interesting nonetheless..

Comment

Don't know if it's been said already, but players' morale, which could have an impact on how they perform. This would increase the man-management aspect of the game and potentially personalise individual players a bit more.

Morale could be affected by things like: form; what coaching they're getting; results; being dropped; or, in KP's case, playing too much; getting into fights or not doing homework and being suspended by the board; international involvement; involvement, or lack of involvement in the IPL; other players' morale in the team; salary; individual players' professionalism and motivation; if coaches were introduced they could also impact on morale depending on their man-management skills; etc.

These factors could work both ways depending on the player. Eg, Alastair Cook's lack of involvement in the England T20 team might spur him onto to greater heights for Essex in the T20 format and in one-dayers. Whereas a less professional player might go off and sulk and perform less well.
                              Last edited by bnd3; 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                                Perhaps at the start of each season would be good? I would also like to chop and change eg manage everything for county and just tests for country..
                                Yes! I really want to do an international game with some domestic T20... and not the IPL cause it clashes with the Windies schedule so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X