Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More interaction with the players maybe? Have a few characteristics for them to make it feel more realistic and they're not just a name.

Also more info for the bowler, like we have the batsmans preferences.

Death bowler, New Ball bowler, has lots of variations, mystery spinner etc.

Comment

Can u allow us to make a world XI and Asia XI squad in 2 player Game?

Please allow same country vs Same Country in 2 player game

Please allow us to use saved international team on 2 player game

Comment

- the ability to bring the keeper up to medium pacers
        - some preferences to bowlers such as prefers to bowl aggresively or prefers to bowl outside off stump.

Comment

I've asked for this feature earlier that during the tours when someone is injured why dont (in game) they ask us for some replacement player? rather we have to carry the same injured throughout that tour without any replaced plus there should be some contract list each other of international players so that one should know when some players are retiring at end of their contract or is not re-newing

Comment

Originally posted by Steely123 View Post
            - the ability to bring the keeper up to medium pacers
            - some preferences to bowlers such as prefers to bowl aggresively or prefers to bowl outside off stump.
            I would prefer for bowling attributes to be hidden. Aggressive vs defensive bowling (and accuracy) are already simulated. I'm not sure how you would determine whether a bowler prefers bowling outside off or down leg side - I wouldn't say bowlers generally have a preference, although I notice Mitchell Johnson seems to like bowling down leg side!

Comment

Originally posted by Hughesy View Post
              Yep - regens definitely need to be toned down a bit. I hate the way that within a year the England international team will have at least two 'fake' players.
              Sometimes in real life though players emerge and get into the test team really quickly. Agar, de Lange and Cummins had hardly played any first class matches for example before their respective call ups. The solution might be to prevent the AI selecting regens until they had played x (maybe 20?) first class games? An exception would have to be made for Agar of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                Sometimes in real life though players emerge and get into the test team really quickly. Agar, de Lange and Cummins had hardly played any first class matches for example before their respective call ups. The solution might be to prevent the AI selecting regens until they had played x (maybe 20?) first class games? An exception would have to be made for Agar of course!
                But if we're talking about England, effectively all players that get into the England test side (especially in recent times) have proper FC experience and even have to prove themselves for the England Lions before getting selected. I don't think any young prodigy would be able to get into the England test side until he's play FC cricket for about 2 years and done well. I think the strength of England's regens really need to be toned down because that, along with Aus domestic career, are the proper domestic careers we can have. In fact, toning down all regens would be great and boost the youngsters!
                Last edited by Alrounder80; 07-14-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post
                  Stop generated players overtaking real life youngsters in the pecking order at counties and england level. It can get quite annoying when you have a good prospect in real life when in the game he is not used and fake players are picked instead.
                  Very much this- this is my major irritation with ICC at the moment, you get fake players inside the national teams in the first 18 months. Okay, so Australia occasionally do this, but even a prodigy like Root or Cook takes 4-5 years to go from FC to Test debut, not the moment they're picked.

As someone else said, make them 17-18 when they come onto the game and sort potential ability out so that they develop rather than instantly averaging 50+ as virtually nobody does this- I can think of Shiv Thakor and that's about it at present.

Separately, can we remove the nation element from all time great games? I want to play a combined Asia XI vs Ashes XI game that was mentioned on TMS during the Champion's Trophy: I don't think this feature would take as long as many of the others mentioned, just make all those all-time-great players into one list rather than 10 nation separated ones.
                  Last edited by Long Hop; 07-14-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                    But if we're talking about England, effectively all players that get into the England test side (especially in recent times) have proper FC experience and even have to prove themselves for the England Lions before getting selected. I don't think any young prodigy would be able to get into the England test side until he's play FC cricket for about 2 years and done well. I think the strength of England's regens really need to be toned down because that, along with Aus domestic career, are the proper domestic careers we can have. In fact, toning down all regens would be great and boost the youngsters!
                    Well 20 First class matches is about a season and a bit, but I guess there could be a minimum number of games of 30 before the AI selects a regen? How many games had Root played before selection? Finn had 30 including some friendlies against universities. Smith (19 first class games before debut, including lots of "A" games), de Villiers (16 first class games before selection made up of about half "A" game), de Lange (14 first class matches before test debut only a couple of which were at franchise level) and Steyn (only 7 first class games before debut) got called up to the test team after hardly any (7-19) first class game, but I know less about the English game. In South Africa, the "A" team play lots of games and is sometimes a quick route into the national team, although Steyn who only played 5 matches for his franchise, got called up pretty quickly, so it can happen.

I should point out that the stats about call-up times INCLUDES the lesser provincial matches, so you can knock a few matches off if we are talking "proper" first class games!

I like the idea of them coming through a little younger, although in real life there are loads of people who only really appear at 21, 22, as well as the very young players.
                    Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-14-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

If a regen is talented enough, then selection is a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                        If a regen is talented enough, then selection is a no-brainer.
                        Yeah, a balance is this problem though. I personally like seeing regens in myself as it makes the game more unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                          Yeah, a balance is this problem though. I personally like seeing regens in myself as it makes the game more unpredictable.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                            I would prefer for bowling attributes to be hidden. Aggressive vs defensive bowling (and accuracy) are already simulated. I'm not sure how you would determine whether a bowler prefers bowling outside off or down leg side - I wouldn't say bowlers generally have a preference, although I notice Mitchell Johnson seems to like bowling down leg side!
                            That was a bad example i meant like lengths, like Broad/Finn's natural lengths are a bit shorter than Anderson/Onions. Then you'd have the option to go with your bowlers strength or against the batsmen's weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Steely123 View Post
                              That was a bad example i meant like lengths, like Broad/Finn's natural lengths are a bit shorter than Anderson/Onions. Then you'd have the option to go with your bowlers strength or against the batsmen's weaknesses.
                              Paying close attention to this thread. There are lots of good ideas. This one just grabbed me though. I like the idea of natural lengths for bowler.

Comment

I think player height may also affect natural lengths. Also tall bouncy quicks will often push a short batsman onto the back foot for when the ball is a "length" ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X