Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ability to declare during lunch, tea, stumps so I don't waste 15 valuable minutes changing innings.

More 16-19 year olds to be selected in from grade cricket. How can I find the next Hughes, Henriques, Smith, Maddinson, Patterson if the guys coming through are mostly 23 and they hang around for 2 years.

Notifications of players retirement. If managing at international level I want to know when anyone who represented the nation retires. I haven't played a county game in ages but I remember it happened then but not at International or Australian domestic level. Also, Australian domestic level, I'd like to know if a player has moved states and players who aren't getting enough games should also be looking to move state.

I'd also like to be able to see the centrally contracted players. More just to yell at the AI for using my players regularly, using them 'out of position', not contracting them and then returning them out of form.

Comment

• please develop basic financial structure within the game ,as of now there is not much reward /penalty for win/ loss ,i mean only rankings change but concept of budget of national board should be introduced .so by winning games we develop better young talent ,there will be new challenge to pull your board out of financial crisis. IMO that may add charm to already exciting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
        I'd suggest no massive changes but just some more leagues - NZ or Sth Africa maybe or the West Indies
        I agree,

Especially the NZ league thing, that's probably just because I'm from NZ, but there are actually some really good players, and also the domestic teams do get over seas players, like Otago has Ryan ten doeschate.

I also agree with bowling speeds and fielding. Another thing that would be cool is customising 1day and 20 over uniforms.

Comment

• And how about Man of the Series feature?

Comment

• hi

I am from India.Thanks for giving Indian t20 competition.I also want Indian Domestic season like Ranji trophy,duleep trophy etc

Comment

• The programmers of this game really need an overhaul of the game features. It is the same thing trotted out year after year. You have to go much more in depth in pretty much every area of the game. Some thoughts:

* You should be able to do your own Future Tours Program. You negotiate with each country's cricket governing authority for how many Tests, ODI's and T20's you want to play, as well as warm up games. These are all plotted on a calender which you have access to, so you can schedule your own tours program. If you don't want to do this then it can be automated. I like playing Zimbabwe internationally, but every single series is 2 Tests, 3 ODI's and 2 T20's. I want to choose lengths of tours.

* You need to be able to have 'A' teams and tours for your country, which can either be controlled by you or an assistant coach. The 'A' tours can also be scheduled by you or done automatically.

* The training and physio sessions you have are far too simple. There should be fielding training, fitness training, and each player should be able to have one each. There should also be wicketkeeping specific training.

* There are not enough opening allrounders, wicketkeeper batsman, or wicketkeeping openers.

* Some players have dual passports or the chance to play for two countries. Each players secondary nationality (if they have one) should be displayed.

* You should be able to hire assistants, batting, bowling and fielding coaches to assist players to get better.

* You should be able to negotiate team sponsors and kit sponsors and TV rights deals to bring in more cash to play for your tours, expanded tours, 'A' team development and the hiring of extra coaches. Kit sponsors like Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc, and pay TV deals for series.

* Get rid of the highlights. Does anyone really watch them anyway?

* Somehow work DRS into the game which you can choose yourself or have the players choose.

* More player attibutes - i.e. quick to use DRS, doesn't like DRS, dislikes/likes long spells, future captain, bogged down by leadership, etc.

* Ability to have a vice-captain. The captaincy means nothing in the game at the moment.

* Getting the sack from your team for poor performance, and then being able to apply for other jobs. Also being able to apply for other jobs, internationally or domestically. There should be a job vacancies section, and you can also apply to coach 'A' teams.

* An ability to have a board of selectors who select the sides for you, instead of choosing them yourself. I would love to able to take charge of a selected team by your panel of selectors. You can also ask the selectors what make up of the squad you want, i.e. more spinners to be selected for sub continent tours.

Comment

• Some good points but

Originally posted by pmw_81 View Post
                The programmers of this game really need an overhaul of the game features. It is the same thing trotted out year after year. You have to go much more in depth in pretty much every area of the game. Some thoughts:

* You should be able to do your own Future Tours Program. You negotiate with each country's cricket governing authority for how many Tests, ODI's and T20's you want to play, as well as warm up games. These are all plotted on a calender which you have access to, so you can schedule your own tours program. If you don't want to do this then it can be automated. I like playing Zimbabwe internationally, but every single series is 2 Tests, 3 ODI's and 2 T20's. I want to choose lengths of tours.

* You need to be able to have 'A' teams and tours for your country, which can either be controlled by you or an assistant coach. The 'A' tours can also be scheduled by you or done automatically.

* The training and physio sessions you have are far too simple. There should be fielding training, fitness training, and each player should be able to have one each. There should also be wicketkeeping specific training.

* There are not enough opening allrounders, wicketkeeper batsman, or wicketkeeping openers.

* Some players have dual passports or the chance to play for two countries. Each players secondary nationality (if they have one) should be displayed.

* You should be able to hire assistants, batting, bowling and fielding coaches to assist players to get better.

* You should be able to negotiate team sponsors and kit sponsors and TV rights deals to bring in more cash to play for your tours, expanded tours, 'A' team development and the hiring of extra coaches. Kit sponsors like Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc, and pay TV deals for series.

* Get rid of the highlights. Does anyone really watch them anyway?

* Somehow work DRS into the game which you can choose yourself or have the players choose.

* More player attibutes - i.e. quick to use DRS, doesn't like DRS, dislikes/likes long spells, future captain, bogged down by leadership, etc.

* Ability to have a vice-captain. The captaincy means nothing in the game at the moment.

* Getting the sack from your team for poor performance, and then being able to apply for other jobs. Also being able to apply for other jobs, internationally or domestically. There should be a job vacancies section, and you can also apply to coach 'A' teams.

* An ability to have a board of selectors who select the sides for you, instead of choosing them yourself. I would love to able to take charge of a selected team by your panel of selectors. You can also ask the selectors what make up of the squad you want, i.e. more spinners to be selected for sub continent tours.
                In a word ... no to all of these

If captaincy means nothing then having a vice captain makes no sense at all does it.

Judging by all of your new features you'd never get a chance to actually play any games .... It's part managerial and part captaincy (during the game) .... Let's not forget that mix please

Welcome to your opinion of course

Comment

• Whilst there are certainly areas of the "management" side that I want to expand on and I think should be expanded on. I have to agree with DVDDD on making sure the balance is right, one of the reasons I stopped playing Football Manager so much was that I just found the micro-management side (and ARGH press conferences) took up so much time that whenever I got to the off-season I'd be spending 6 hours of game time just getting to the first match of the season. Though there are some big differences between how cricket and football work behind the scenes.

The match experience is the centre point of the game, it's the best part of the game. I've always found it odd that the part of the game I enjoy the most is actually picking the final XI, particularly if my team isn't doing well...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    Whilst there are certainly areas of the "management" side that I want to expand on and I think should be expanded on. I have to agree with DVDDD on making sure the balance is right, one of the reasons I stopped playing Football Manager so much was that I just found the micro-management side (and ARGH press conferences) took up so much time that whenever I got to the off-season I'd be spending 6 hours of game time just getting to the first match of the season. Though there are some big differences between how cricket and football work behind the scenes.

The match experience is the centre point of the game, it's the best part of the game. I've always found it odd that the part of the game I enjoy the most is actually picking the final XI, particularly if my team isn't doing well...
                    Switch to Football Manager Handheld .... If you haven't already.

Just don't play it yet ...... Or at least not until you've launched the IOS version of this years ICC2013 game anyway

Comment

• No to every single one of my requests, Dick Van Dyke Disco Dog? Every single one? Please. You obviously didn't read all of them. You can still play the game with all my feature. There is a lot of downtime in the game between seasons. I regularly play Zimbabwe and I am sick of 2 Tests/3 ODI's/2 T20's series. Every single year. You should be able to negotiate your own tours.

Next time, read all my points properly and then make an informed decision. You obviously didn't do that and have gone off half cocked.

You are of course, welcome to your own (crap) opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmw_81 View Post
                        No to every single one of my requests, Dick Van Dyke Disco Dog? Every single one? Please. You obviously didn't read all of them. You can still play the game with all my feature. There is a lot of downtime in the game between seasons. I regularly play Zimbabwe and I am sick of 2 Tests/3 ODI's/2 T20's series. Every single year. You should be able to negotiate your own tours.

Next time, read all my points properly and then make an informed decision. You obviously didn't do that and have gone off half cocked.

You are of course, welcome to your own (crap) opinion.
                        Hah

You're completely right .... I lost interest after reading the first 4 or 5

I like the DRS one though - buts that's it for me as everything else either isn't needed (more opening alroundsers etc), or would take forever to implement .. The IOS version is about 6 months late as it is so that should give you an indication as to the size and scope of the development team.

The stuff you want are all great ideas but as they are so different from what the likes of me and loads of others have grown used to for the last 5+ years that it would out a lot of people off.

It would literally be a different game.

Comment

• the ability to customise your own tours is the big one for me, I want to play 5 match test series as NZ or Sri Lanka, the game would probably be complete for me then

Comment

• Would definitely like some sort of series editor/planner too.

Would also like some more sortable stats. Would be good to be able to sort players by age, nationality (making Kolpak and associate nation players more visible) and also be informed and/or see a list of who is retiring each year.

Comment

• It would be great if you update IPL squads through patch.......

Comment

• Originally posted by sasnoz View Post
                                the ability to customise your own tours is the big one for me, I want to play 5 match test series as NZ or Sri Lanka.......
                                Agreed. 2 match test series are disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X