This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

First of all, we’d like to apologise for being slow in response to this IP address hacking claim.

Dan, Chris and myself have been looking at this over the last couple of hours.

We can confirm and have looked at:
    • IP addresses are not sent as part of the online process, server admins (ie, us) cannot access these. Some team hackers are using memory editors to edit the teams, but this can’t be used to get access to IP addresses of users because IPs aren’t a part of CC online play.
    • Dan believes this N-S-W might know the server IP and is trying to scare people with that
    • We’ve searched all chat logs since 1st Jan, up to date as of today, the only time admin commands have been used is by us, all commands are stored. Our accounts have not been compromised as there are several levels of authentication.
    • He has not got access to the server itself, as this access is very restricted.
    • A hacker can’t do much with someone’s IP, Dan’s comment was this:

“The problem, is too many people think knowing a person's IP address lets them be hacked. This is not the case. If I know your street address I still can't get in to your house as don't have keys. IP addresses mean nothing. And typically it is your router address not even a PC.”
    • We’ve looked through the logs, we can see N-S-W claiming he has people’s IP addresses, it’s just BS to scare people from what we've read.
    • We’ve banned N-S-W and his associated teams for telling people he’s hacked them.

Things we ask you:
    • Did he ever send you a link?
    • Can those of you he claimed to have the IPs of PM me what he said the IP actually was? We’d like to see if there’s a pattern, ie, he’s telling everyone their IP is the same.
    • Did he ever name your other teams or just say you have other teams?
    Cricket Captain 2020 Update is incoming
    • We will be releasing an update soon for 2020 across all platforms, Chris has found how edited teams were able to bypass our checks, he’s now fixed that flaw for the next CC2020 update.
    For CC21 we are investigating the following:
    • Using DLS to judge outcome of match if a player DCs
    • Reporting users from within the online game
    • Improving our own control of users who have had teams reported, which isn’t good enough right now.
    • Fixing errors in matches, we know there is a rare coin toss error, I’ve struggled repeating this, do any of you know of any other deliberate errors people might be using online to stop the opponent winning?
    • Online abuse in general is too big an issue, we are again looking at options here. We’re not keen on banning people, whilst it would stop them using x save, they’d just come back again.

Regards,
    Childish Things

Comment

Sureshot this is really good news, the steps that have been taken and the forward plan. I have the following comments:
      • DLS online is dangerous if teams get ahead of the rate and DC. Interested to hear of any ways round this.
      • Banning people for abuse isn’t necessary but maybe they get docked x amount of points per abusive comment. This won’t stop abuse but it will limit it from people who care about their rating.
      • N-S-W told me today he “finally won” with the knowledge I wouldn’t be around for CC2021, this has always been likely the case as when lockdown is over I’ll be back working in London and won’t have time and nothing to do with what has happened here. The comment of him finally winning sounds like a long term feud and not one with a new player (like he claimed to be 2 weeks ago), to me suggests it must have been him with all the accounts on this forum and on the game Khabib the Eagle, Jolly Rovers, etc. As I had no long term gripes with anyone else. So be carful this guy may purchased the game more than once and may have more than one CC account so may not be gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
        Sureshot this is really good news, the steps that have been taken and the forward plan. I have the following comments:
        • DLS online is dangerous if teams get ahead of the rate and DC. Interested to hear of any ways round this.
        • Banning people for abuse isn’t necessary but maybe they get docked x amount of points per abusive comment. This won’t stop abuse but it will limit it from people who care about their rating.
        • N-S-W told me today he “finally won” with the knowledge I wouldn’t be around for CC2021, this has always been likely the case as when lockdown is over I’ll be back working in London and won’t have time and nothing to do with what has happened here. The comment of him finally winning sounds like a long term feud and not one with a new player (like he claimed to be 2 weeks ago), to me suggests it must have been him with all the accounts on this forum and on the game Khabib the Eagle, Jolly Rovers, etc. As I had no long term gripes with anyone else. So be carful this guy may purchased the game more than once and may have more than one CC account so may not be gone for good.
        Hi James, thanks for the reply.

Yes, these are my concerns with DLS being used to determine the result in a DC, it can work if we are able to accurately determine which team first DCs, it could work, but there are some caveats.

Interesting idea on docking points for abuse, we might even be able to show it in the table somehow.

He could well be Khabib, it's pretty tricky to track people in situations like this, really we just need to be better at dealing with each complaint on its merits.

Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Hi guys,

First of all, we’d like to apologise for being slow in response to this IP address hacking claim.

Dan, Chris and myself have been looking at this over the last couple of hours.

We can confirm and have looked at:
          • IP addresses are not sent as part of the online process, server admins (ie, us) cannot access these. Some team hackers are using memory editors to edit the teams, but this can’t be used to get access to IP addresses of users because IPs aren’t a part of CC online play.
          • Dan believes this N-S-W might know the server IP and is trying to scare people with that
          • We’ve searched all chat logs since 1st Jan, up to date as of today, the only time admin commands have been used is by us, all commands are stored. Our accounts have not been compromised as there are several levels of authentication.
          • He has not got access to the server itself, as this access is very restricted.
          • A hacker can’t do much with someone’s IP, Dan’s comment was this:

“The problem, is too many people think knowing a person's IP address lets them be hacked. This is not the case. If I know your street address I still can't get in to your house as don't have keys. IP addresses mean nothing. And typically it is your router address not even a PC.”
          • We’ve looked through the logs, we can see N-S-W claiming he has people’s IP addresses, it’s just BS to scare people from what we've read.
          • We’ve banned N-S-W and his associated teams for telling people he’s hacked them.

Things we ask you:
          • Did he ever send you a link?
          • Can those of you he claimed to have the IPs of PM me what he said the IP actually was? We’d like to see if there’s a pattern, ie, he’s telling everyone their IP is the same.
          • Did he ever name your other teams or just say you have other teams?
          Cricket Captain 2020 Update is incoming
          • We will be releasing an update soon for 2020 across all platforms, Chris has found how edited teams were able to bypass our checks, he’s now fixed that flaw for the next CC2020 update.
          For CC21 we are investigating the following:
          • Using DLS to judge outcome of match if a player DCs
          • Reporting users from within the online game
          • Improving our own control of users who have had teams reported, which isn’t good enough right now.
          • Fixing errors in matches, we know there is a rare coin toss error, I’ve struggled repeating this, do any of you know of any other deliberate errors people might be using online to stop the opponent winning?
          • Online abuse in general is too big an issue, we are again looking at options here. We’re not keen on banning people, whilst it would stop them using x save, they’d just come back again.

Regards,
          Childish Things
          He has named my other teams - I'm playing with. I have 3 and he knows exactly the names of all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

He has named my other teams - I'm playing with. I have 3 and he knows exactly the names of all 3.
            That could be a massive bluff, he told me he follows the forums but isn’t a member, he knew stuff from our post. Therefore he will know you’re SOCA and 9. Also if it’s who I think it is he’s logged on most the day not playing and may have seen you and Galvatron log off and then log straight back in as these other teams and then guessed. Told you he checked your IP to scare you like Sureshot said. Yesterday before he was banned he said he was doing whatever he doing to cause chaos and he’s achieved that.

Comment

saviopaes He'll have got your team names from here. He's not accessed the team name information from the server.

I read one of his conversations with another online user about how he claimed he had their IP, he never stated what the IP was, which he would if he had it, he's just BSing people to cause grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                saviopaes He'll have got your team names from here. He's not accessed the team name information from the server.

I read one of his conversations with another online user about how he claimed he had their IP, he never stated what the IP was, which he would if he had it, he's just BSing people to cause grief.
                Sad state of affairs - if that's the case. I'm sure there are better things to do than case grief to harmless lovers of a cricket game.

Comment

Kings X has an edited team. He admitted it on the chat... his players were boshing it everywhere. Barely a dot ball in the innings.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                    Kings X has an edited team. He admitted it on the chat... his players were boshing it everywhere. Barely a dot ball in the innings.
                    Couldn’t be our friend back with another account already could it! What else did he say?

Comment

What about team: PoorAussy? I have my doubts on that team as well, along with the screwed up Kings X team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

Couldn’t be our friend back with another account already could it! What else did he say?
                        He offered to DC but this was when I'd already pressed over and he only needed 6....

That team is defo edited.

Not sure about Poor Aussy as I bowled him out for 30odd and then 50odd

Comment

The Hants, just played him today. That team is edited...

Comment

I could guess by his 4 out of 4 victories. Didn't want to entertain him.
                            Leave out ALL TEAMS with zero victories - that's the same guy behind ALL OF THEM them

6/6 now.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of strange stuff going since NSW got banned

Comment

Latest addition: Team 'baber' - Pakistan team is an edited team. His bowling is way too unrealistic. Got 9 out of my 11 players out in single digits, the other two barely reached 17, when just two games before played against Brar, I had 200+ scores and against another player a 160+ score which is normally how I operate/scoring range

~ STAY AWAY ~

Comment

Working...
                                X