X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Not 100% sure on this but I think during rain delays in 50 overs matches the bowlers aren't recovering stamina.

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    For the Pakistan test team, the game selects abid ali.at 6 when he opens the batting in the test team. Azhar ali bats at 3

Also the ai selects imam ul haq when shan masood is the main (test) opener along with abid ali at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• alexholowczak
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post

This is always a tough one to balance. There have been some changes this year, with the AI more likely to attempt to chase targets with high run-rates. They’ll give up if they lose wickets, but should try if they don’t. So the only real factor we have to play with here is the effects of the pitch. We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it. The games I’ve played have felt really good this year, with some exiting chases ending up in wins for either team (and some draws too).

I remember several tests with Brian Lara batting where I had the distinct feeling no one was ever going to get him out. Asking Michael Vaughan and Graham Hick to get him is always going to be a tough ask.
    While he isn't exactly Shane Warne, I would have liked to have selected Robert Croft ... but he was injured somehow. Because you've got the squad of people who actually played in the 2000 series, I had no opportunity to call up Phil Tufnell, or Ian Salisbury, or whoever might have been next in line back then. It occurred to me when Croft got injured that I'd have a problem if Alec Stewart got injured because there was no backup wicket-keeper. So when a turning pitch came up, I had to settle for Hick & Vaughan if I wanted spin. Gough, Caddick and Hoggard didn't do very well at all.

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyb View Post

Huh... I'd agree about struggles batting 2nd but more I can never seem to get a team out in the 3rd inning. Also feel like runs from the tail are a bit overpowered...
    I had been thinking that the pitch in the game always deteriorates when in real life it can actually become easier to bat. Sometimes the pitch just gets slower and easier to bat on.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post

We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it.
    Huh... I'd agree about struggles batting 2nd but more I can never seem to get a team out in the 3rd inning. Also feel like runs from the tail are a bit overpowered...

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Not sure it's purely a "bug" per-se, but in the absence of a generic feedback thread - am I the only one that's seeing a lot of first class games where scores in the 3rd/4th innings of games seem to be higher than the 1st/2nd innings?

Know there are occasions where "batting gets easier", but it feels like the majority of games I play, regardless of pitch wear, that scores go up on days three and four...

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Originally posted by alexholowczak View Post

This. And it was the same when I last played the game several years ago. It was always too difficult to bowl a team out in the 4th innings, and you can sense from the game that that's no matter what you do, they're going to get the runs. It's just as bad as the ODI point made a bit further on in that it was too predictable. It was entirely out of the flow of the match that WI would get 371/4 here (particularly in 2000), but it felt inevitable from about 100/1 that I was never going to get them out. (It would have helped if I had a decent spinner, but nevertheless they chalked these off at nearly four an over...)

And OK, it is a sample size of 1, but it felt just like it did a few years ago and then I read your post!

Click image for larger version Name:	yawn.png Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	70654
    This is always a tough one to balance. There have been some changes this year, with the AI more likely to attempt to chase targets with high run-rates. They’ll give up if they lose wickets, but should try if they don’t. So the only real factor we have to play with here is the effects of the pitch. We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it. The games I’ve played have felt really good this year, with some exiting chases ending up in wins for either team (and some draws too).

I remember several tests with Brian Lara batting where I had the distinct feeling no one was ever going to get him out. Asking Michael Vaughan and Graham Hick to get him is always going to be a tough ask.

Leave a comment:

• Shrav99
    replied
    Okay this is pretty much how I remember my match turning out! But yeah I think it's just random this was the first time it happened in icc2020 but yeah like I said before used to happen 2-5% in icc2019 at the summary screen

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Shrav99 View Post

I am sorry I didn't notice this was the exact scorecard 2nd test match how were you able to retrieve it?
    because when I open the save it starts at englands last innings, could you please send me this save????
    This wasn't your save, I'd just played your save from the start of their innings.

Chris and I have repeated this multiple times and have not been able to repeat the crash issue.

Leave a comment:

• Shrav99
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Struggling to repeat this, I've attached two images, can you confirm which screen you clicked continue on when it crashed.

You mentioned you couldn't upload the .cap, which I'm reckoning is on file size and thus was probably uncompressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestSeriesData.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	70638Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestMatchSummary.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	70639
    I am sorry I didn't notice this was the exact scorecard 2nd test match how were you able to retrieve it?
    because when I open the save it starts at englands last innings, could you please send me this save????

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    It's also the fact that in the 4th innings the CPU is racing along at a run a ball on the 5th day of a test match, usually on minefields. I've seen the CPU chase some crazy totals, often in only four sessions.

Leave a comment:

• alexholowczak
    replied
    Originally posted by Preed View Post
    Playing as Ind in Normal mode and I have played couple of series - Ind vs Aus (4 tests) and Ind vs Eng (5 tests).
    Too many huge totals are being chased in 4th Innings of Test matches.

Three times the totals have been chased by my team and twice have been done by the opposition.

1. Ind chased 319
    2. Ind chased 461
    3. Eng chased 344
    4. Ind chased 399
    5 Eng chased 434

I think this is high because it has happened 5 times out of the 9 tests.
    This. And it was the same when I last played the game several years ago. It was always too difficult to bowl a team out in the 4th innings, and you can sense from the game that that's no matter what you do, they're going to get the runs. It's just as bad as the ODI point made a bit further on in that it was too predictable. It was entirely out of the flow of the match that WI would get 371/4 here (particularly in 2000), but it felt inevitable from about 100/1 that I was never going to get them out. (It would have helped if I had a decent spinner, but nevertheless they chalked these off at nearly four an over...)

And OK, it is a sample size of 1, but it felt just like it did a few years ago and then I read your post!

Click image for larger version  Name:	yawn.png Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	70654

Leave a comment:

• Shrav99
    replied

To confirm, where it has the 4 team scorecards?
    Yes the 4 team scorecard. I managed to attach the cap file
    Last edited by Shrav99; 06-27-2020, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Shrav99 View Post

So the second screen
    To confirm, where it has the 4 team scorecards?

Leave a comment:

• Shrav99
    replied

Struggling to repeat this, I've attached two images, can you confirm which screen you clicked continue on when it crashed.

You mentioned you couldn't upload the .cap, which I'm reckoning is on file size and thus was probably uncompressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestSeriesData.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	70638Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestMatchSummary.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	70639
    So the second screen

Leave a comment:

Working...