X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nath7490
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We could do with getting the save off you, ideally from before it breaks. Are you on PC?
    I am on PC yes. I also carried on the series with some England rejects in place of Archer and Root so not sure how i could go back in time soda speak??

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Nath7490 View Post
    Any news on what i posted above about not being able to select who i want for England??
    We could do with getting the save off you, ideally from before it breaks. Are you on PC?

Leave a comment:

• Nath7490
    replied
    Any news on what i posted above about not being able to select who i want for England??

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied

This issue might work by just using the verify integrity of game cache. ruby23 Let me know if verifying works.

Simon This has been such a complex bug to track down, Charles is nearly there with it, he's had to step it through the code and work out why the renderer isn't doing what it should. It's been a problem with Android as well.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    One other point, we've fixed a crash just before World Cups, this will be in the next version for all platforms.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

In my case, it was a problem with my computer. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Cricket Captain and everything worked fine.
    This issue might work by just using the verify integrity of game cache. ruby23 Let me know if verifying works.

Simon This has been such a complex bug to track down, Charles is nearly there with it, he's had to step it through the code and work out why the renderer isn't doing what it should. It's been a problem with Android as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nath7490
    replied
    I am England coach and i can't pick Archer or Root... See attached photo...

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Happened to me in 2025 too. Tried loading the saved game 5-7 times, but crashes.
    In my case, it was a problem with my computer. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Cricket Captain and everything worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied

Wilted

We're still working on this, proving exceptionally tough to recreate in a debug environment (and thus so we can see what the code is doing). Charles has an iPad 2 arriving tomorrow, so hopefully we can repeat and debug on that. We think it's memory-related.
    Any updates on this? I'm waiting to start a game.

Leave a comment:

• ruby23
    replied
    The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
    Happened to me in 2025 too. Tried loading the saved game 5-7 times, but crashes.

Leave a comment:

• jdenson97
    replied
    Have just finished an international season with England and I didn't get the season completed screen. Also the achievements for being number 1 in the odi rankings at the end of the year didn't unlock

Leave a comment:

• steelback
    replied
    A couple of things, not sure if they've been mentioned already:

1. Irish players are still counted as "domestic" in the English county game. As of this season, they should either be overseas players (like Paul Stirling at Northants) or "Kolpak" players (for the purposes of the game, I guess, like Stuart Poynter or Tim Murtagh).

2. When playing outside England, I never seem to get notifications when one of my players is injured, has recovered, or is off playing elsewhere in a T20 league (you have to look at "Current Comp" to find out where they've gone).

3. How common are overseas players in some leagues in real life? I'm no expert, but I'd guess that, outside England, they're more so the exception than the rule. Could the game reflect that?

4. Is there a way of moving the start date for all non-English competitions back so that you're actually playing the right season (i.e. 2019) with the right players? Similarly, is there a way of getting the game to stop a reasonable time before your first competitive match so that you can set up some meaningful coaching in advance (as you can generally do in England)?

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Cheers.
    Last edited by steelback; 07-30-2020, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied

Yes, I just tried again after exiting Cricket Captain (and exiting Steam) and get the same result. Yes, it's Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April.

I can reproduce the behaviour every time with the following mouse clicks (after clicking "Load" to load the savegame):
    1. Play Match
    2. Play Match
    3. Play Match
    4. Heads
    5. Bowl
    I'll try reinstalling Cricket Captain just in case.

EDIT: Sureshot After reinstalling Cricket Captain, it worked first time. Sorry for wasting your time - it looks like this was a problem on my side. I wonder if the SSD with all my work on it is failing...
    Hmm, now that is interesting, it could be a file getting corrupted, which can happen with anti-virus software, etc, it might be a good idea to sort by recent on your installed programs and see if anything new has been installed recently (ie, during the time it went from working to not working). You can also use the Steam verify files function, very useful:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

Please keep me informed of any changes. Crashes are major issues that take priority for us to fix, they are normally very quick to fix once repeated, but can take ages to repeat!

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied

Does this still crash for you if you restart Cricket Captain 2020 and try and load this save? I've started this match 6 times and it works fine each time, I've tried Steam as well as running the game through Visual Studio. To confirm the match in question is Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April?

If the above match is correct and it still crashes, can you confirm, what button presses you are doing in the lead up to the crash.
    Yes, I just tried again after exiting Cricket Captain (and exiting Steam) and get the same result. Yes, it's Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April.

I can reproduce the behaviour every time with the following mouse clicks (after clicking "Load" to load the savegame):
    1. Play Match
    2. Play Match
    3. Play Match
    4. Heads
    5. Bowl
    I'll try reinstalling Cricket Captain just in case.

EDIT: Sureshot After reinstalling Cricket Captain, it worked first time. Sorry for wasting your time - it looks like this was a problem on my side. I wonder if the SSD with all my work on it is failing...
    Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-27-2020, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied

Sorry, I somehow never considered that .cap would be accepted. Please find the file attached.
    Does this still crash for you if you restart Cricket Captain 2020 and try and load this save? I've started this match 6 times and it works fine each time, I've tried Steam as well as running the game through Visual Studio. To confirm the match in question is Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April?

If the above match is correct and it still crashes, can you confirm, what button presses you are doing in the lead up to the crash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X