X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Originally posted by galvatron View Post
    Can we have all the suicidal run outs fixed please?

Batsmen tapping the ball to silly point and then charging down the wicket is utterly ludicrous, especially when it's the first few overs. This just wouldn't happen and it's ruining so many games.
    Yeah would never happen...

Well almost never .

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

I can't get the multi-zip to work. I've just increased the zip file size to 8MB, the cap file size is quite a bit bigger as well. Can you try again? Feel free to PM it to me if you want.

Should be a simple fix if this is a 100% repro.
    Sorry, I somehow never considered that .cap would be accepted. Please find the file attached.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post
    The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
    I can't get the multi-zip to work. I've just increased the zip file size to 8MB, the cap file size is quite a bit bigger as well. Can you try again? Feel free to PM it to me if you want.

Should be a simple fix if this is a 100% repro.

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    Can we have all the suicidal run outs fixed please?

Batsmen tapping the ball to silly point and then charging down the wicket is utterly ludicrous, especially when it's the first few overs. This just wouldn't happen and it's ruining so many games.

Leave a comment:

• Lojoda
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Again I'm not saying regens are a problem in or themselves.

The issue is that the real life players do not develop.

18 year olds in the database should develop and become first team players, they don't.

Some 18 year old real players should rock up to the start of a new season having experienced a massive boost over the winter ready to play every game the same way a player can break through in real life.

Development is seemingly non existent or at least far too slow.
    How about all good young players are boosted to a similar level to good regens? The problem at the moment is player ability is based on previous stats so a player might be said to be the next superstar but if they currently average 10 in FC cricket they won’t have good ability

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Lynx54321 As I said, I think there are two schools of thought regarding this. I just wanted to offer my perspective, which is that I am extremely happy with this aspect of the game the way it is. This is literally my favourite part of the game and it is the thing I would be most unhappy to see changed.
    Again I'm not saying regens are a problem in or themselves.

The issue is that the real life players do not develop.

18 year olds in the database should develop and become first team players, they don't.

Some 18 year old real players should rock up to the start of a new season having experienced a massive boost over the winter ready to play every game the same way a player can break through in real life.

Development is seemingly non existent or at least far too slow.

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied
    Lynx54321 As I said, I think there are two schools of thought regarding this. I just wanted to offer my perspective, which is that I am extremely happy with this aspect of the game the way it is. This is literally my favourite part of the game and it is the thing I would be most unhappy to see changed.
    I agree with you about regens. I don’t mind regens because new players keep coming through in real life also but here the main problem is real life youngstars being under-rated often. Now we can rate them using your editor(sadly easy mode only) but an official implementation would be better in this case. I don't see nerfing regens as an option as it could destroy the balance of the game, 10 to 15 years deep in the game but real life youngstars need to rated in the game and that can be done without nerfing regens

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied

Chris Child Just to offer a different perspective, superstar regens have always been my absolute favourite part of Cricket Captain and are totally central to my enjoyment of the game.

I think there are two very divided schools of thought on this. I think for those who prefer realism, this is annoying (although, I personally question if it is actually unrealistic, when you look at the long lists of great players who made their international debuts in their teens). For those who prefer escapism, superstar regens are great. Personally, I belong to the school of escapism and my favourite part of the whole game is signing one or two young superstar regens and following through their whole careers until retirement.

So, in my opinion, nerfing regens altogether would be a huge mistake. If it really must be changed, then please leave some way of keeping the existing behaviour ("Ultra Easy Mode" or "Legacy Regen Mode" or whatever).
    The main issue isn't actually the superstar regens.

The issue is young players do not develop. If you go a few years in to a save then the majority of the real life 18-21 year olds who weren't already first team players will have either been released or be languishing in squads with no appearances. They do not develop.

Regens are generated at closer to full ability because if they weren't then they wouldn't develop either.

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied

Chris Child Any response to this Chris? Perhaps regens aren't the issue (although I still think they spawn too good) but real life young players do not develop into first team players!

Can I suggest that under 23s should receive a greater multiplier to their daily chance of an ability increase perhaps decreasing as they get nearer their potential.

Couple this with weaker generated players and the game would be much better balanced.

Chris Child Just to offer a different perspective, superstar regens have always been my absolute favourite part of Cricket Captain and are totally central to my enjoyment of the game.

I think there are two very divided schools of thought on this. I think for those who prefer realism, this is annoying (although, I personally question if it is actually unrealistic, when you look at the long lists of great players who made their international debuts in their teens). For those who prefer escapism, superstar regens are great. Personally, I belong to the school of escapism and my favourite part of the whole game is signing one or two young superstar regens and following through their whole careers until retirement.

So, in my opinion, nerfing regens altogether would be a huge mistake. If it really must be changed, then please leave some way of keeping the existing behaviour ("Ultra Easy Mode" or "Legacy Regen Mode" or whatever).
    Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-27-2020, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied

Chris Child Any response to this Chris? Perhaps regens aren't the issue (although I still think they spawn too good) but real life young players do not develop into first team players!

Can I suggest that under 23s should receive a greater multiplier to their daily chance of an ability increase perhaps decreasing as they get nearer their potential.

Couple this with weaker generated players and the game would be much better balanced.
    Yes, especially players U-19 with limited or no domestic matches are often under-rated in the game. I think Sureshot(or someone else!) posted it regarding some previous version of the game that they don't rate players based on their U-19 record and I get why . But nowadays U19 players doesn’t play much domestic cricket as they play many bilateral series, so if they just want to rate them by first class cricket, they might just miss out some really good players (and they do). So yes, this is something that is really needed. This year, it should be easy as the U-19 WC just ended months ago, so every two years, they can upgrade the potential of U-19 players based on their overall performance of past two years and ofcourse WC performance.

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied

Been saying this for ages but the devs see. To just ignore it.

Real young players don't develop.

Regens don't need to develop.

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-26-2020, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adil
    replied
    Not necessarily a bug but every new year my squad gets filled with random players I dont know about. Every new year a new squad gets auto selected. Auto squad selected every year should be the same of last series played

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Very minor. But wickies never wear helmets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X