This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhruv View Post
    The Regens are flooding the team in 2021 itself, it's very annoying and unrealistic.
    Been saying this for ages but the devs see. To just ignore it.

Real young players don't develop.

Regens don't need to develop.

Comment

• not a bug but for why do england one day and 20/20 teams only ever get 4 stars? Considering they have lead the world in these formats or at least in the top 3, when picking a suqad close to suggested with a few tweaks and very close to real life options i can never get the team to 5 stars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post

Thank you.
        Wilted

We're still working on this, proving exceptionally tough to recreate in a debug environment (and thus so we can see what the code is doing). Charles has an iPad 2 arriving tomorrow, so hopefully we can repeat and debug on that. We think it's memory-related.

Comment

• Despite having four wicket keepers in my squad, they have all gone off to play in the 100 and I have no one to keep wicket. Is this still counted as a bug?

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
            Despite having four wicket keepers in my squad, they have all gone off to play in the 100 and I have no one to keep wicket. Is this still counted as a bug?
            To be fair I'd probably just call that an "unluckiiieeees" as it could theoretically happen in real life. Just stick anyone as keeper, don't think it makes much odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
              Despite having four wicket keepers in my squad, they have all gone off to play in the 100 and I have no one to keep wicket. Is this still counted as a bug?
              Did the game generate a keeper for you to use during the OD cup?

Comment

• Not sure if it’s meant to happen but in 2037 there is a champions cup

Comment

• In 2038 Zimbabwe play 2 series against Pakistan at home. 1 in April and 1 in July/august. Not sure this is meant to happen. Both series have 2 tests and 3 odis. April has 3 t20s and July has 2 t20s
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Very minor. But wickies never wear helmets.

Comment

• Not necessarily a bug but every new year my squad gets filled with random players I dont know about. Every new year a new squad gets auto selected. Auto squad selected every year should be the same of last series played

Comment

• The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-26-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Been saying this for ages but the devs see. To just ignore it.

Real young players don't develop.

Regens don't need to develop.
                          Chris Child Any response to this Chris? Perhaps regens aren't the issue (although I still think they spawn too good) but real life young players do not develop into first team players!

Can I suggest that under 23s should receive a greater multiplier to their daily chance of an ability increase perhaps decreasing as they get nearer their potential.

Couple this with weaker generated players and the game would be much better balanced.

Comment

Chris Child Any response to this Chris? Perhaps regens aren't the issue (although I still think they spawn too good) but real life young players do not develop into first team players!

Can I suggest that under 23s should receive a greater multiplier to their daily chance of an ability increase perhaps decreasing as they get nearer their potential.

Couple this with weaker generated players and the game would be much better balanced.
                            Yes, especially players U-19 with limited or no domestic matches are often under-rated in the game. I think Sureshot(or someone else!) posted it regarding some previous version of the game that they don't rate players based on their U-19 record and I get why . But nowadays U19 players doesn’t play much domestic cricket as they play many bilateral series, so if they just want to rate them by first class cricket, they might just miss out some really good players (and they do). So yes, this is something that is really needed. This year, it should be easy as the U-19 WC just ended months ago, so every two years, they can upgrade the potential of U-19 players based on their overall performance of past two years and ofcourse WC performance.

Comment

Chris Child Just to offer a different perspective, superstar regens have always been my absolute favourite part of Cricket Captain and are totally central to my enjoyment of the game.

I think there are two very divided schools of thought on this. I think for those who prefer realism, this is annoying (although, I personally question if it is actually unrealistic, when you look at the long lists of great players who made their international debuts in their teens). For those who prefer escapism, superstar regens are great. Personally, I belong to the school of escapism and my favourite part of the whole game is signing one or two young superstar regens and following through their whole careers until retirement.

So, in my opinion, nerfing regens altogether would be a huge mistake. If it really must be changed, then please leave some way of keeping the existing behaviour ("Ultra Easy Mode" or "Legacy Regen Mode" or whatever).
                              Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-27-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

Chris Child Just to offer a different perspective, superstar regens have always been my absolute favourite part of Cricket Captain and are totally central to my enjoyment of the game.

I think there are two very divided schools of thought on this. I think for those who prefer realism, this is annoying (although, I personally question if it is actually unrealistic, when you look at the long lists of great players who made their international debuts in their teens). For those who prefer escapism, superstar regens are great. Personally, I belong to the school of escapism and my favourite part of the whole game is signing one or two young superstar regens and following through their whole careers until retirement.

So, in my opinion, nerfing regens altogether would be a huge mistake. If it really must be changed, then please leave some way of keeping the existing behaviour ("Ultra Easy Mode" or "Legacy Regen Mode" or whatever).
                                The main issue isn't actually the superstar regens.

The issue is young players do not develop. If you go a few years in to a save then the majority of the real life 18-21 year olds who weren't already first team players will have either been released or be languishing in squads with no appearances. They do not develop.

Regens are generated at closer to full ability because if they weren't then they wouldn't develop either.

Comment

Working...
                                X