Online play experience...story of my online play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glengorm_cc

Based on my bad experience in last ladder match,I decided to play a friendly match.It was a one day match against glengorm_cc.
    He was probably in 2012 season.One change was made in batting department.C Hancock was dropped bcz of his poor performance and D Madden was included in the final Xl.In bowling,N Bradely was rested and H Edmead was given a chance bcz of his all around performance in current season matches.
    Here is the detail of both teams:

I won the toss and decide to bowl first on a pitch with variable bounce and cloudy conditions.
    He started batting aggressively to make things more easier for me.H Edmead took 2/15 in his 10 overs while J Atkin took 5/17 in his 9 overs.He was 19/6 in 5 overs and then he realized to play defensively but could post a total of 68 in 34.1 overs.C Keiswetter was his top scorer with 29* and he faced 92 balls for that.P Stewart took 2/2 and H Agnew took 1/10 in his 6 overs.
    Here is the detail of my bowling and his batting cards:

I chased the target in 15th over and won the match by 10 wickets.H Neate and A Flicker made 38* and 29* respectively.J Atkin was man of the match for his brilliant spell of 9 overs and taking 5/17.
    Here is the final score card of the match:

An easy win just bcz of a careless attitude which mostly happens in friendly matches bcz at the end of the day you will not lose points no matter how u play.
    Last edited by habib; 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

What year did you get to before you started to play online?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxslow View Post
        What year did you get to before you started to play online?
        With this ID, burewala , I started playing in 2050 season

Comment

Did not play any online match today bcz I was watching Aus vs Pak test match.Totally disappointed by Pakistan's performance in last two matches and now thinking to take over the job of Pakistan's story .They cant win in real, but they might in the game....lolz
          Comments???

Comment

What an absoloubtely brilliant test! Surely they have to improve the bowling of Hauritz in ICC 2010. 2 back-to-back 5-wicket hauls is fantastic for any bowler. Horrid effort from Pakistan apart from the highly entertaining Umar Akmal. His brother however has not had a very good test. If he'd caught Huss than it could have been the end. Go Aus.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
              What an absoloubtely brilliant test! Surely they have to improve the bowling of Hauritz in ICC 2010. 2 back-to-back 5-wicket hauls is fantastic for any bowler. Horrid effort from Pakistan apart from the highly entertaining Umar Akmal. His brother however has not had a very good test. If he'd caught Huss than it could have been the end. Go Aus.
              Yeah thats a great come back
              That is why I love cricket bcz it is such a fasinating game,too many turns in the game and it is why "CRICKET IS BY CHANCE"

Comment

Oze2nv

My next match was a ladder T20 match and it was against OZE2NV.He was probably in 2010 season and was playing with R Capell(2009 youth player) as his one down batsman.
                I made only one change in the team.B Smith was rested and C Hancock was given another chance.Bowling attack was same but this time P Hacker and H Neate were opening together.

I won the toss and decided to field first even though conditions for batting were better than bowling.
                But my decision was really good as he could not play even all 20 overs and was all out for 68 only in 17th over.B Harmison was his top scorer with 18.H Edmead was impressive with his 5/12.
                Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling:

Target was small and my openers did well to get it in 11 overs.H Neate was only batsman who was out after making 20 of 20 balls.P Hacker and H Agnew remained not out on 38* and 14* respectively.
                S Harmison took the only wicket.
                I won the match by 9 wickets and young H Edmead was man of the match for a brilliant bowling figures of 5/12.
                Last edited by habib; 01-06-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

CountyChampions

My next match was again a T20 ladder match and it was against CountyChampions.I think he was in 2010/11 season and his team was below average.
                  I kept the same side and same batting order as that of last match.

Again I won the toss and elected to field.Condition were good for bowlers.He played all 20 overs but could not make much runs(72/8).M Ali was his top scorer who made 23.Once again H Edmead was impressive with ball and took 3/8 in his 4 overs.Three catches were also dropped on his bowling.
                  J Atkin took 3/18.
                  Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling :

Again a small target and this gave chance to play just with normal aggression.H Neate failed again and he made 6 only of 7 balls.However, P Hacker and H Agnew did well to achieve the target in 13th over.Both remained not out on 45* and 19* respectively.
                  I won the match easily by 9 wickets and H Edmead was man of the match once again.

This completes the 50 matches of my online story.I am ranked 16 currently with 46 wins and 4 losts.3 Disconnections cost me some points but it is normal in online games and I think happens with every one
                  Celebrations of 50 matches need ur comments on this story so far
                  Last edited by habib; 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

You are doing very well. Perhaps you will play me when I have managed to find a decent allrounder. I think I am in the year 2024 and I think I have a fairly good side.

Comment

• ye excellent going, keep up the good work

Comment

• oh
                        Thank u guys.I wanna thank all who viewed this thread and especially the one who wrote some comments on this thread.
                        I will continue my story right now playing season 2055 and i am half way through it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxslow View Post
                          You are doing very well. Perhaps you will play me when I have managed to find a decent allrounder. I think I am in the year 2024 and I think I have a fairly good side.
                          I could not find any good allrounder till today but my part time bowlers do the work, so never thought of having any allrounder.
                          I really appreciate ur comments and ll always be waiting to play with u ladder/friendly will be ur choice.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to find a good all-rounder since retirement of White and Watson. The best I've got is a fast bowling one who is really up and down. One match he makes a hundred and take 0-50 off 10 overs and the next he fails with the bat and takes 5-77. He averages 40 with bat and 37 with ball. He has 1 hundred 3 fifties and 26 wickets with one five fer. Am currently playing Sri Lanka whose batting is crap, but they have an awesome RF bowler whose take 300 wickets at 19! Mendis is also amazing with 600 at 15 aged 35!

Comment

• Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                              Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to find a good all-rounder since retirement of White and Watson. The best I've got is a fast bowling one who is really up and down. One match he makes a hundred and take 0-50 off 10 overs and the next he fails with the bat and takes 5-77. He averages 40 with bat and 37 with ball. He has 1 hundred 3 fifties and 26 wickets with one five fer. Am currently playing Sri Lanka whose batting is crap, but they have an awesome RF bowler whose take 300 wickets at 19! Mendis is also amazing with 600 at 15 aged 35!
                              So u r playing with Aus and SL ?
                              I also find it hard to get a good batting wicket keeper.All I had previously and currently are good with gloves and below avg with bat.Cannot find any single one like Gilli,Sangakara or Alec Stewart(Previous Eng keeper)

Comment

• Originally posted by habib View Post
                                So u r playing with Aus and SL ?
                                I also find it hard to get a good batting wicket keeper.All I had previously and currently are good with gloves and below avg with bat.Cannot find any single one like Gilli,Sangakara or Alec Stewart(Previous Eng keeper)
                                no he said that he was playing sri lanka so playing against them

i think i've found a good young keeper but he is still quite young so hard to tell at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                X