Online play experience...story of my online play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3idiots

Next match was also a ladder T20 match and it was against a team called 3idiots(a recent indian movie name as per say)
    No changes were made in the batting order but only few in bowling.N Bradely was rested and A Hodgson was selected in final Xl and 19 years old keeper was making his debute in online T20 games.
    Here is the detail of both teams:

I decided to bat first after winning the toss.Sidebottom shocked me with 2 wickets in his very first over.My openers went with out much on the board.A Flicker got a duck and H Neate made just 2.But then C Hancock and B Smith batted beautifully and set a target of 167/2.C Hancock made 101* while B Smith once again remained not out on 63*.
    Sidebottom took 2/16 in his 4 overs.Here is the screen shot of my batting card:

He gave a strong reply and made 146/8 in 20 overs.T Siddall,A Hodgson and B Smith took one wicket each.P stewart took 3/30 and M Downes took 2/17.W Jafferson was his top scorer with 41.Here is the screen shot of his batting card:

I won the match by 21 runs and C Hancock was man of the match for making his first century in T20 online matches.
    Here is the final score card of the match:
    Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Next match was aone day ledder match and it was against avatar.He was in 2009 season and was playing with Sussex.
      I made few changes in my batting order.B Smith and H Neate were selected to open the inn where as A Flicker was playing as two down batsman.H Agnew was rested and C Woodworth was included in final Xl.D Dublin replaced young keeper Delaney.And in bowling J Atkin was included in the team replacing A Hodgson.

He won the toss and decided to bat on a difficult pitch.He started things well but when he chose 2 be aggressive,he started losing wickets.He was all out on 107 in 27th over.M Downes took 4/22 and part time seamer C Woodworth took 3/20.M Prior was the top scorer with 42.
      Here is the screen shot of my bowling card:

In batting,I started very aggressively and as a result B Smith went with a duck.C Hancock went after making only 8.A Flicker could score only 24.H Neate played well for his 34.However,it was P Hacker who remained the top scorer for his 43* of 34 deliveries.Y Arafat took 3/37.
      Here is the screen shot of my batting:

I won the match by 6 wickets and with 30.1 overs in spare.M Downes was man of the match.Here is the final score card of the match:
      Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I was just wondering what is your total wins losses and disconects now in all the form of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxslow View Post
          I was just wondering what is your total wins losses and disconects now in all the form of the game?
          Good question:
          Currently I am ranked 17, I have played 44 matches(stories of two matches are not posted yet and will soon be posted)
          Have won 40 out of 44 matches,4 lost,0 draws and 2 disconnections.

Comment

yorksxi

My next match was a friendly T20 match against yorksxi.He was in season 2013.
            In first attempt when we started the friendly match I got disconnected.Then played again.
            Here is the final Xl of both teams:

I made some changes in my last team.Batsmen were same with the only difference that A Flicker was opening instead of B Smith and B Smith was playing at two down positin.In bowling(though the pitch was favouring spinners more)I played with three front line seamers.J Brownlow and M Spence made their way back in final Xl replacing J Atkin and T Siddall.
            Conditions were bit tricky but my preference was to bowl first provided I could win the toss.
            I lost the toss and he elected to field first.
            M Johnson took the wicket of A Flicker in very first over.And for that B Smith was promoted to one down position(being a regular opener).H Neate and B Smith played carefully for a while to keep wickets in hand but in 10th over A Rashid took the wicket of B Smith.He scored 25.Two balls later, H Neate was run out after scoring 32.
            My run rate was already below 7 and fall of 2 quick wickets slowed things further as spin was being operated from both ends.
            At this point P Hacker and C Hancock batted beautifully and were able to set a respectable target of 144/3.C Hancock made 44* and P Hacker made 36*.Here is the detail of my batting and his bowling cards:

Total was good to defend and my seamers bowled really well to do that.Opening the bowling with M Spence and J Brownlow was turning point as they both outclassed his top order batsmen.M Spence took 2/25 while J Brownlow took 4/13 including the important wickets of his top four batsmen.P Stewart was really economical and took 2/16 in depth overs.N Pickering was his top scorer with 32 runs of 35 balls.He played all 20 overs but could only made 91/8.
            Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling cards:

I won the match by 53 runs and J Brownlow was man of the match for his 4/13.Here is the final score card of the match:

This reminds me that OLD IS GOLD.Brownlow is 33 now but still has ability to be man of the match.
            Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

cornwills

My next match was a one day ladder match and it was against cornwills.He was probably in 2012/13 season.I decided to make changes only in bowling department.J Brownlow(Despite of his match winning performance in last match) and M Spence were rested,while T Siddall and J Atkin were in final Xl.

I won the toss and decided to bat first on a lovely batting track.A Flicker and H Neate started things beautifully and scored 53 and 73 respectively.P Hacker was then promoted to one down position and he was just out of control scoring 129* of 94 balls and was equally well supported by C Woodworth with 49 of 48 balls.In the middle B Smith played a short and firy inn of 40* of 25 balls.I was able to make 356/4 in 50 overs.
              R Clarke took 2/98.Here is the screen shot of my batting and his bowling cards:

I knew that it was hard for him to chase such a big target so decided to bowl with my part timers from both ends.After first 9 overs from C Woodworth and B Smith, I introduced Atkin and Siddall from both ends.They wrapped up things quickely.Atkin took 5/38 and Siddall took 4/29.In 20th over he was all out only on 126.M Trescothick scored a fifty of 35 balls.
              Here is the screen shot of my bowling card:

I won the match by 230 runs and P Hacker was man of the match.Here is the final score card of the match:

I am trying to find out new opening pair bcz A Flicker and B Smith are getting old and losing their abilities.So far H Neate and P Hacker are good and lets see if I could find some at the end of this season
              Last edited by habib; 01-05-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

End of season 2054.
                New contracts are made.To strengthen batting department A Payne,G Graham, and G Hucknall have been given 2 years contracts.These are all openers and are aged 25,26 and 22 respectively.
                One 23 years old allrounder, J Olney,has been given the contract for 3 years.While in bowling, 21 years old youngster, H Lovell, is given contract for 3 years as well.
                E Miller has left the club and has joined Middlesex.While contracts of D Bollinger and C Woodworth are renewed.
                Five batsmen namely A Flicker, B smith,C Hancock,P Hacker and D Madden and five bowlers namely M Downes,N Bradely,A Hodgson,P Stewart and T Siddall got England contracts.

Comment

10 england contracts! The most I've had at one time is 6 as Warickshire though in my game england choose very bizzare players. One guy has played over fifty tests, but averages 24 with the bat and in FC he averages 28. One of my regens has averaged 50+ with bat since he started, but has never played for england.

Comment

Yeah this happenes some times in my game too but I have been lucky to have many Eng Contract players due to which I can manage my budget very easily or else it is very hard.

Comment

Archie200

My next match was a T20 ladder match and it was against a great story teller Archie200.I think he was in season 2010 and was playing with two 2009 season youth players in his final Xl named P Howard and J Pettifer.
                      I changed both my batting order and bolwing attack.A Flicker and H Neate were opening as usual.P Hacker was new one down batsman and he was promoted to this position after his wonderful inn of 129* in last match at same position.C Hancock(previously one down batsman)was playing at two down position.D Madden was included in the side and B Smith was playing as lower middle order batsman.
                      In bowling J Atkin was rested and A Hodgson was the one replacing him.

I lost the toss and he elected to bat first.COndition were good for batting but still there was some reward if u bowl well.
                      In his 20 overs, he was able to set a target of 92 scoring 91/7.His openers did a good job while A Hodgson and M Downes who shared new ball failed to take any wicket and gave away 21 and 23 runs respectively in their 4 overs spells.T Siddall and P Stewart did a great job and took 3/19, 4/11 respectively.
                      K Coetzar (opener) remained not out on 36 but he faced 52 deliveries(not a typical T20 inn).Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling cards:

I would say that 130 would have been a good total looking at the bowling conditions in the later part of the match.And this was proved when Onion took 3 wickets in his four over spell to make my chase real slow.A Flicker got a duck while P Hacker went after scoring only 2.H Neate was good with his short inn of 28 off 18 balls.But after Onion's effort of 3/19 no one else could trouble my batsmen.C Hancock and d Madden easily reached the target in 16th over.Both remained not out on 34 and 23 respectively.

I won the match by 7 wickets and P Stewart was man of the match bcz of his match winning bowling performance 4/11.Here is the final score card of the match:
                      Last edited by habib; 01-05-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

padela_pakistan

My next match was against padela_pakistan and it was a one day ladder match.
                        He was in 2013 season.I made few changes again in batting and bowling departments.In batting, C Woodworth was selected in final Xl and D Madden was rested.Batting order was also changed.B Smith was opening with H Neate.C Hancock was playing as one down batsman and A Flicker as two down.P Hacker and C Woodworth were playing as lower middle order batsmen.In bowling, A Hodgson was replaced with J Atkin.

I won the toss and elected to field first bcz condition were good for bowling.T Siddall and J Atkin started things well.He made 119 and was all out in 47th over.Key made 43 and G Jones in the bottom made 32.T Siddall,J Atkin and P Stewart took 3 wickets each.
                        Here is the screen shot of my bowling and his batting:

While chasing B Smith was good as ever with 46*.H Neate got a duck and C Hancock failed again.A Flicker played well for his 38 of 41 balls untill he was run out.P Hacker did well this time and remained not out on 22 of 29 balls.
                        I achieved the target in 23rd over with the loss of 3 wickets.R Joseph took 2/11.

Although all the bowlers did well, but it was T Siddall who provided 3 early break throughs to set the platform and for that he was given man of the match award.
                        Last edited by habib; 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

another match(3rd) against sxys

My next match was a T20 ladder match and it was against sxys.An australian guy who love to talk about recent series between Pak and Aus.
                          He was in 2010/11 season.I made changes again in the batting order and included D Madden in myfinal Xl replacinf C Woodworth.In bowling 2 changes were made.N Bradely and A Hodgson were selected while J Atkin and M downes were rested.

Condition were excellent for bowling.He won the toss and decided to bat though.
                          He made 109/8 in 20 overs.30 more runs would have been a winning total.W Wood was his top scorer with 46.In bowling N Bradely and B Smith took 2 wickets each.
                          Here is the detail of my bowling and his batting:

This pitch was really hard to bat on and I achieved this target in 18th over for the loss of only one wicket.H Neate was top scorer with 55.A Flicker and P Hacker remained not out on 45* and 5*.
                          P Franks took the only wicket.
                          Here is the detail of my batting:

I won the match by 9 wickets and H Neate was man of the match.He made 55 of 55 balls and also took a wicket.
                          Last edited by habib; 01-05-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

2nd match against cornwills...county

My next match was a ladder first class match and it was against cornwills.Last night he was in 2014 season but today he was in 2016 and had made many changes in his side including the overseas player P Hughes.
                            based on the players performance in current season,I kept the same side as in previous match and included only H Agnew in place of D Madden.In bowling J Atkin was included in place of A Hodgson.

This pitch was good for batting only on day one but after that it was all about bowlers.And unfortunately I lost the toss.
                            He decided to bat first.he started very well with P Hughes scoring a fifty and b cornwil making 46.But then Siddall and Bradely were just superb and they bowl him out in 73rd over at a total of 192.
                            T Siddall took 4/65 and N Bradely finished with 4/48.J Atkin took 2/26.P Hughes made 50 and was the top scorer.
                            Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling cards:

My start was very poor.I was 66/4, but then B Smith and H Agnew batted beautifully to take by score to 276/4(He thought I will make 245 max.)
                            B Smith made 122* in 259 balls while H Agnew made 89* of 232 balls.He got made bcz I was playing slowly and disconnected the match:
                            Here is the screen shot of the batting card and my chat with him during the match;

NO RESULT: Wasted an hour or so and he ran away just bcz he was unable to break the partnership

Comment

thats a shame about the disconnection.

i'm loving the story and look forward to hearing about your future games

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks View Post
                                thats a shame about the disconnection.

i'm loving the story and look forward to hearing about your future games
                                Thanks buddy,I appreciate ur encouragement

Comment

Working...
                                X