Online play experience...story of my online play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancashire1stXl

My next match was a one day friendly match and for that I was challenged by Lancashire1stXl. Just a change of plan, decided to play with 4 seamers namely Brownlow,Downes,Bradely and Hodgson.P Hacker was given a chance as well in the final Xl
    Here is the detail of both teams:

He was in some early seasons may be 2012 and around.I won the toss and decided to bat first looking at the batting conditions and bright sunny weather.It was a risk but I had to take it in order to overcome the bad luck in matches where I batted first and lost the game.
    Things started well as H neate made 67 but bad form of B Smith continues with sloppy effort of just 6 again.P Hacker was promoted to one down position as he was a opening batsmen and he did well with his 49.C Hancock and H Agnew made 46 and 41 respectively.C Woodworth again impressed with his aggressive inn of 68*
    Here is the screen shot of his bowling and my batting cards:

I decided to open my bowling with C Woodworth,my part time seamer, who also made 68* and he did very well and got 3/51 in his 10 overs.Brownlow took 3/48 in his 10 overs where as Bradely took 2/0 and Hodgson took 2/26.
    Only P Horton made 41 and he was all out on 132 in 29th over.
    Here is the detail of my bowling card:

I won the match by 197 runs and my first comprehensive win after quite a few matches.C Woodworth was man of the match bcz of his all around performance of 68* with the bat and 3/51 with the ball.
    Here is the final score card:

I think,finally, I have find some rythem and lets see wheather it was only for this match or it will continue in future too
    Last edited by habib; 01-03-2010, 12:18 AM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

I was online and could not find anyone online 2 play an online match.So, started my offline game again.Season 2053 is over and some new contracts are made.All are younsters.18 years old keeper is signed for 3 years,his name is I Delaney.One young bowler is also signed for 3 years named H Edmead.Contracts of D Bollinger,E Miller and A Flicker were renewed and they were quite expensive being part of Eng team last year but now they dont have central contracts any more.
      This happens when ur batsmen are injured and they lose central contracts even though they are still the best in ur game
      So kind of hard to have a budget in order to have all these players.Thats why I could not sign on Freeman and Jublian again(lack of budget).To more tragedy one of my best off spinner I Flynn got retired.Last year it was S Warne who got retired so kind of looking for spinners in the comming seasons.
      Now starting to play against SL and all experienced players are fit now.
      I ll keep playing offline and will see when some one will be online to play some matches.
      Last edited by habib; 01-03-2010, 04:34 AM.

Comment

LancsXl2010

So after quite a bit time,I played my next match which was a T20 ladder match.It was against LancsXl2010.He told me that he was in 2015 season.
        I decided to use my previos team,although my senior batsmen A Flicker,and D Bollinger were fit for the match.
        In bowling,J Brownlow was rested and all young players like Downes,Stewart,Bradely and Hodgson were playing in final Xl.
        Here is the detail of both teams final Xl players:

I won the toss and decided to bowl first on very cloudy conditions.My bowlers bowled very well and he was all out on 40 in 10th over, with G Chapple the only batsman in double figures.Downes took 4/25,Hodgson 3/15 and Bradely 2/0.P Stewart also took 1/0.
        Here is the screen shot of my bowling card:

The target was small and I achieved it easily in 7th over with the loss of just one wicket(B Smith on 12).H Neate was top scorer with 28*.M Downes was man of the match.Here is the final score card:

A very convincing win bcz of superb bowling effort.Batting wise, worried about B Smith who is not in a good touch at all,so hopefully ll make some changes in next match to find out a right combination
        Last edited by habib; 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

MojoXl

Next match was a one day ladder match and for that I was challenged by new player named MojoXl.I decided to open with B Smith and H Neate.A Flicker was included in final Xl this time and he was playing at two down position.Other batsmen were same as that of last match.A new bowler T Siddall was given a chance and Bradely was dropped.

I lost the toss and he decided to bat first.T Siddall and Brownlow shared the new ball.At the end of 6 overs he was 30/3 when he disconnected.Here is the score card at that point of game:

No Result
          Last edited by habib; 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

noobyteam

My next match was a first class ladder match and it was against noobyteam.He was new in the game and was playing 2009 season.This time team was selected based on current first class form.Here is the final Xl players of both teams:

In batting D Bollinger was back in the side and P Hacker was included, replacing H Agnew.In bowling a risk was taken by not considering Hodgson/Brownlow, and a new seamer J Atkin was given a chance to make his debute in online first class matches.
            Conditions were good both for batting and bowling.
            I lost the toss and he put me to bowl first.But my bowlers never let me down.J Atkin made a superb debute and took 4/32,N Bradely took 3/47 and P Stewart took 2/41.Downes remained wicket less and gave away 27 runs.
            Even S Patel who made 48 after having 2 chances(2 dropped chatches)could not help to score a big total, and they were all out in 70th over on a total of 147.
            Here is the score card of 1st inning:

Batting was bit difficult but you needed to settle down while playing defensive and once you are settled,you are free to play your shots.
            So,both openers started things very defensively and made their fifties.But then a Flicker was caught in the slips on the bowling of Broad, he made 53 of 114 deliveries.C Hancock was aggressive right from start and could not stay long enough on the crease.He was the 2nd victim of Broad and was caught behind after making 12 of 15 balls.D Bollinger started things normally and he was not out on 59 of 97 balls when my opponent disconnected the game.
            B Smith was very patient and he was not out on 97 of 227 balls.
            Here is the screen shot of the score card when my opponent got disconnected:

NO RESULT again and my opponents disconnected in 2 consective matches
            Last edited by habib; 01-03-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

tarun......county match

My next match was again a county ladder match and it was against my online friend tarun.He is one my good online friends and we have played a lot from different ID's.

I only made some changes in bowling department and this time Bradely,Hodgson and Atkin were selected as main seamers while P Stewart was the only spinner in the side.
              I lost the toss and tarun put me to bowl first.Condition were cloudy and it was a good track to bowl on.
              He was all out on 97 only in 60th over.Atkin took 3/17 and P Stewart took 4/28.W Jafferson was his top scorer with 27 of 92 balls.
              Here is the detail of 1st inn score card:

I could play only one over and got disconnected.I was able to open different websites and I dont know what happened due to which I got disconnected.
              Its really annoying bcz in ladder matches u have to lose so many points on disconnection.Like I lost about 70 points bcz of this disconnection,I was on 16 position and has came down to 24th now.
              Anyways no one can do anything to solve this problem.
              Here is the screenshot of score card before disconnecting:

This is third consective time that either I or my opponents got disconnected,and its really upsetting now
              Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

one more match against tarun

This time decided to play a one day ladder match against tarun.He was in 2010 season and here is the detail of both teams:

He won the toss and decided to bat first.T Siddall and J Atkin shared the new ball(Both were selected based on their performance in previous online matches)T Siddall got the wicket of W Jafferson in his first over.But after that there was a good partnership between C Rogers and M v'arsveld.Both scored fifties.But when M Downes got both of them,no one else could face my bowling attack and he was all out in 38 overs giving a target of 165.J Atkin was impressive again with 4/27 and M Downes took 3/46.
                Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling cards:

Conditions were good for batting and I started my batting v aggressively right from first ball(was not wanting to disconnect again) and achieved the target in 26th over.H Neate and B Smith remained not out and made 88* and 75* respectively.
                J Atkin was man of the match.
                Here is the final score card of the match:
                Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 05:04 AM.

Comment

shravanr

My next match was also a one day ladder match and it was against shravanr.His team was very strong and he had played about 40 online matches.I think he was in 2018 season.So was hoping for a close match.

Just one change was made in my last team.H Agnew was dropped and C Woodworth was included in the team.
                  He won the toss and decided to field first.H Neate went early after making only 12 of 22 balls.C Hancock,batted slowly but could not take advantage after settling down.He made 36 of 61 balls.Then A Flicker and B Smith batted aggressively to have some respectable total.Both scored centuries.B Smith was out after making a brilliant 114 of 126 balls.A Flicker remained unbeaten on 108 of just 85 balls.P Hacker also remained unbeaten on 17 of 12 balls.
                  I was able to set a target of 295 and here is the screen shot of my batting:

I must say that it was big total and I was sure that we will win comprehensively.Again opened the bowling with T Siddall and J Atkin.Both bowled well to get rid of openers including P Hughes.He was all out in 29th over and he could make only 155 with J Travis as his highest scorer 43.P Stewart took 4/42 and T Siddall took 3/47.
                  Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling card:

I was happy to see A Flicker and B Smith back in form.B Smith was man of the match for his fine century.
                  Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 05:25 AM.

Comment

tractortom

Next match was a T20 ladder match and it was against the guy who had played more than 300 online games and he also defeated me in a T20 match last night.
                    It was tarctortom.Here is the detail of both teams:

As mentioned earlier in my previous posts,he was in 2030 season.
                    Two changes were made in my team.H Agnew was called back replacing C Woodworth, and N Bradely was included in place od J Atkin.
                    He won the toss and decided to bat first.He batted well to set a target of 156/6 in 20 overs.Everyone scored abit from his team but J Oulton was top scorer with 37*.
                    In bowling no one was impressive.Downes took 2/41, and Bradely bowled well for his 19 in 4 overs but could not take any wicket.
                    Here is the screen shot of my bowling and his batting:

I was a bit scared of losing bcz it was a good total but was confident a bit as my batsmen were in a good touch.And my batsmen made things so easy which I was not expecting.I achieved the target in 20th over(with 2 balls to go)with the loss of only 2 wickets.Openers did a great job.B Smith made 71 of 53 balls while H Neate made 69* of 52 balls.C Hancock was out on 9 of 8 balls and A Flicker was not out on 5* of 6 balls.
                    Here is the detail of my batting against tractortom:

B Smith was again man of the match for brilliant 71 of 53 balls.Here is the final score card of the match:

LESSON:Never drop ur good batsman even he is out of touch as B Smith was in last so many matches but he gained his form and win last 3 matches at his own
                    Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that happened to me recently P Hughes in first three tests against SA (ranked seventh) averaged 35 with 1 half-century, but made a double hundred in the next 2 tests to put his average back up to 99.5. I'm in 2019 by the way and Hughes has 17 and a half thousand test runs aged 31! He is amazingly good as captain also. He recently made 440 which is the highest test score ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                        Yeah, that happened to me recently P Hughes in first three tests against SA (ranked seventh) averaged 35 with 1 half-century, but made a double hundred in the next 2 tests to put his average back up to 99.5. I'm in 2019 by the way and Hughes has 17 and a half thousand test runs aged 31! He is amazingly good as captain also. He recently made 440 which is the highest test score ever.
                        Wow

I achieved many records during my journey of ICC2009 till 2054 season(Currently I am in) like the highest total in an inn which was 945 but never achieved an individual's score more than 291.
                        You are lucky and I am sure you achieve some more things too.
                        Wish u good luck for that

Comment

##power:extreme##

My next match was a T20 ladder match against ##POWER:EXTREME##.He was probably in 2011/12.I made just one change in my team.C Woodworth was included in final Xl this time in place of P Hacker.

I won the toss and decided to field first.
                          Siddall and Bradely shared the new ball and they did a great job.Both took 3 wickets each.M Downes took 2/13 to wrap up his team.He was all out on 81 in 14th over.
                          Here is the screen shot of my bowling card:

In reply,I achieved the target in 9th over without loss of any wicket.H Neate made 42* and B Smith made 36*.T Siddall was man of the match for taking 3 wickets by giving 22 runs only.
                          Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Peter Siddle took 9-43 in a one day match once and in a save I lost one of my fast bowlers took 10-26 on test debut. Sorry I don't have screens. Oh good win just there. How old is B Smith? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                              Peter Siddle took 9-43 in a one day match once and in a save I lost one of my fast bowlers took 10-26 on test debut. Sorry I don't have screens. Oh good win just there. How old is B Smith? Just wondering.
                              He is 31 and his batting ability is decreasing now.But I am sure H Neate and P Hacker both will be very good after one/two seasons.

Comment

sxys

Next match a one day ladder match and it was against sxys.I had played against him before and it was a friendly first class match.In that match he was not impressive at all and same happened in this match.
                                He was now in 2010 season.I decided to make only one change this time.P Hacker was included this time in the team.Bowling attack was still the same.However,I decided to open with H Neate and A Flicker this time and B Smith was playing at 2down position.

I won the toss and decided to bowl first.He batted like an idiot(sorry to say that) bcz he was going after each and every ball.even the fall of wickets was not effective to stop him doing that. And as a result, he was all out in 18th over only setting a target of 66.
                                T Siddall took 6/32 and N Bradely took 3/12.Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling cards:

once again the target was small and my openers did well to achieve it in 18th over and I won the match by 10 wickets easily.A Flicker made 35* and H Neate made 24* T Siddall was man of the match.Here is the final score card of the match:

T Siddall is proving a quality bowler and he has successfully replaced J Brownlow
                                Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X