Online play experience...story of my online play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SupperSussexSharks

This time I decided to play a ladder match not because I wanted to increase my rank but actually I am disappointed by the way Pommies played against me in the last friendly match.Even though I advised him to play like one day but he was playing carelessly like T20 game and due to that he was all out in a one day game in 16 overs.
    Personally I still LOVE FRIENDLY MATCHES:
    My opponent was SupperSussexSharks and we were playing a T20 ladder game.He was new in the game and had not played any match before.As obvious from his online ID he was playing with Sussex.Here is the detail of both teams:

I lost the toss and he elected to bat first.He batted really well having a 2009 season team.N Bradely who took 9 wickets in last match was so expensive,he gave away 48 runs in his four overs and failed to take any wicket.J Brownlow was expensive too, for his 3 overs and he also failed to get any wicket even after costing 23 runs.Downes was good and he took 5 for giving 34 runs.The leg spinner P Stewart was extremely good and he was the one who actually made Sussex to apply brakes on their run rate.He took 5/19 in his 4 overs.E Joyce was his top scorer with 38 runs.
    Here is the batting card of Sussex and my bowling card:

For the first time I was chasing some reasonable target and it was a real test of my batsmen as conditions were cloudy now and there was more help for seamers.However I achieved the target easily in 17th over.A Flicker made valueable 48.However, B Smith,C Hancock and D Madden failed.H Neate was the only one who played with out risks and scored 71* in 42 balls.Yasir Arafat and Lawson took 2 wickets each.
    Here is my score card:

I won the match by 6 wickets and M Downes was man of the match for his 5 wicket hold.Here is the final score card of the match:
    Last edited by habib; 01-01-2010, 12:21 PM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Gooners

Next match was again a ladder match but it was a one day game and was against Gooners.He was in 2009 season with Sussex as his team.I decided to play with A Flicker and B Smith as my openers.C Hancock,H Neate as one down and two down batsmen respectively.H Agnew was making his online one day matches debute and C Woodworth was recalled to have another chance.Bowlers were still the same, despite of their poor performance in last game.
      Here is the detail of both teams:

The pitch was very good not only for seamers but also for batsmen and I was sure that 200 would have been a winning total on this pitch.I won the toss and decided to bowl first.In the 33rd over Sussex was all out with only M Goodwin able to score a fifty.He made 52.Every one bowled well but yet again Downes was superb and ecomical with 3/8.N Bradely took 2/19, P Stewart took 3/23 and J Brownlow took 2/33.Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling cards:

Even this small total was a fighting total as none of my batsmen could score more than 27 runs.Every one contributed a bit to get the target in 31st over.Here is the detail of my batting card along with his bowling details:

I won the match by 6 wickets and M Downes was man of the match for taking 3/8.Here is the final score card of the match:
      Last edited by habib; 01-01-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

sxys....First first class online match

After playing 2 ladder matches in a row,decided to play friendly again.And this time it was first class match.The match was against sxys who was in 2009 season and was playing with Nottinghamshire as his team.
        Many changes were made in the team based on their performance in first class matches.My openers were same namely B Smith and A Flicker.C Hancock was one down batsman.D Bollinger was selected after a long time based on his terrific record in first class matches(Avg. 71.66).H Neate and P Hacker were middle order batsmen.P Hacker is very good player and was given some chances in online one day and T20 matches but then not considered in final Xl bcz of his avg. performance as compared to other players like C Woodworth and D Madden.Wicket keeper was same.But in bowling department some big changes were made by dropping inform bowler M Downes and selecting Hodgson.Other boowlers were N Bradely,J Brownlow(who is not as good as he used to be)and leg spinner P Stewart.
        Players list is not given here bcz of the limitation of pasting only four screenshot in one post but you can see the detail in scorecard details.
        Pitch was perfect for batting.First day was sunny but other three days were all cloundy and even there were chances of rain in 3rd and 4th day.So winng the toss was very important.
        I won the toss and elected to bat first.Looking at the rainy conditions in 3rd and 4th day,I decided to be aggressive right from the start.I was thinking to make 450+ in one day and then declare but it was depending on how by openers will bat.
        Perfect batting conditions and sunny day was another factor to be aggressive once the batsmen would have settled.Things were started slowly but as soon as the openers were settled,I started batting very aggressively.Both openers played very well and my opponent provided the chance to score quick runs by keeping very aggressive fielding even against set batsmen.
        A Flicker made a blasting century and then got out at a score of 104 in 113 deliveries.B Smith continued aggression fromone end while C Hancock took his time to settle down.C Hancock was out after making an aggressive 70 runs of 93 deliveries.D Bollinger was next man in and he started playing very aggressively right fromthe first ball.Mean while B Smith scored a double century.he remained not out on 254 of 282 deliveries including 6 sixes.D Bollinger was also not out on 80 of 66 balls.I declared the inn at a score of 515/2 and still there were 25 minutes remaing for the stumps on day one.
        This was a huge total and the reason for getting such a big total only in one day was bad startegy from my opponent.He kept very aggressive field fromvery first over till I declared.Also he used spinners with new ball and gave batsmen chances to settle down.But sunny conditions and batting friendly track was also one factor to play aggressive shots.
        Here is the detail of my first inn batting and his bowling card:

I decided to open the bowling with N Bradely and Hodgson who were very succesful in last few seasons.My opponent, also tried to play aggressively but right from the start and N Bradely and Hodgson bowled with perfect line and length to get wickets.Also on 2nd day,condition were more cloudy and it helped the seamers.He could make only 187 in his 1st inn with only resistance offered from A Voges and G Swam who scored 62 and 38 respectively.A Hodgson took 5/30 while N Bradely and J Brownlow took 2 wickets each.Here is the detail of his first inn batting and my bowling card:

In the 2nd team, after being follow on,I think he had mently accepted his defeat and played in a very silly way and lost wickets quickly.
        He was all out at a total of only 114 runs with S Broad with the highest score in the inn scoring 24*.N Bradely took 5/36, while A Hodgson and P Stewart took 2 wickets each.Here is the screen dhot of his batting in 2nd inn along with my bowling card:

The match was over only in 2nd day and I won the match by an inn and 214 runs.B Smith was man of the match due to his brilliant 254*
        Here is the final score card of the match:

Once again,I think my opponent was playing carelessly just bcz it was not a ladder match and although I won the match but did not really enjoyed it bcz there was really no competition at all.
        Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Need ur response

I am a bit confused now about should I play online friendly matches or ladder?
          Friendly matches are not much important for many so they play carelessly on the other hand in ladder matches ppl cheat just bcz of ranks and u never find good friends.Also disconnections some times disheart u when u lose points just bcz of ur internet speed which disconnects u time and again.
          What is ur opinion?

Comment

I think you should play ladder matches because if you play friendlys and people don't care how they do it would get boring smashing them all the time. People would actually try in ladder matches and hopefully not cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
              I think you should play ladder matches because if you play friendlys and people don't care how they do it would get boring smashing them all the time. People would actually try in ladder matches and hopefully not cheat.
              Ok though personally I like friendly but I think u r right and I will soon be back with some stories of online ladder matches.
              Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Posting using MS Paint

I was posting so far by using MS Photo Manager and never used MS Paint for editing the printed screen.Now my MS Photo Manager has expired and I am using MS Paint for posting.So plz forgive me if I mess up.

Comment

Pak90

I played quite a few matches off line today and have ended 2053 season.Just a time for making new contracts.Anyways I was online after ending the season and I was challenged by a 2009 season player PAK90 to play a ladder T20 match.He had won one match out of his 2 matches that he played and had 3 disconnections,so,his rank was very low.
                  My main batsman A Flicker was injured and due to that H Neate was opening with B Smith.Other batsmen were C Hancock,H Agnew,D Madden and C Woodworth.In bowling M Downes,J Brownlow and A Hodgson were the seamers and only spinner was P Stewart.
                  Here is the detail of both teams:
                  Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Pak90

Sorry bcz I messed up again
                    Here is the story again after reducing the size of screenshots:
                    I played quite a few matches off line today and have ended 2053 season.Just a time for making new contracts.Anyways I was online after ending the season and I was challenged by a 2009 season player PAK90 to play a ladder T20 match.He had won one match out of his 2 matches that he played and had 3 disconnections,so,his rank was very low.
                    My main batsman A Flicker was injured and due to that H Neate was opening with B Smith.Other batsmen were C Hancock,H Agnew,D Madden and C Woodworth.In bowling M Downes,J Brownlow and A Hodgson were the seamers and only spinner was P Stewart.
                    He was playing with Nottinghamshire as his team.Here is the detail of both teams:

I lost the toss on bowling track but he made the mistake to bat first(big mistake I would say)
                    I opened bowling with Downes and Hodgson and they did well to get the top order batsmen.Hodgson took 2/27 and Downes took 1/8 in his 2 overs.Brownlow was avg. and he took 1/28(he is fading with age).But it were spinners who did well to wrap up his inn in 15 overs only.P Stewart took 3/21 and part time spinner B Smith took 2/12.He was all out at a total of 96. A Brown was his top batsman with 24.
                    Here is the screen shots of his batting and my bowling:

I won the match easily in 15th over by 9 wickets.H Neate was the only one who got out and he made 17.B Smith and C Hancock remained not out on 40 and 37 respectively.Only Sidebottom took a wicket and he went for 24 runs.B Smith was man of the match for his all around performance of 40* with bat and 2/12 with the ball.
                    Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

tractortom....the most experienced online player

My next match was a T20 ladder match against tractortom.He had played 284 matches and had won 155 while lost 124 out of those 284 matches.
                      I was having problems to choose my side as 3 of my main experienced batsmen were injured namely A Flicker,D Bolliger and E Miller.So I was not left with much choice.
                      Here is the detail of both team players who were in final Xl:

Comment

tractortom story continues...

He was in season 2030 as most of his players started first class in 2027 and around it.
                        I lost the toss and he put me to bat first.The track was good to bat on but I could not score a big total.I was able to make 150/6 in 20 overs and C Woodworth was the top scorer with 39.
                        Here is my batting card:

Still there was hope that I might win the match, as I took few early wickets but then partenership b/w A Read and A Ablett took the match away from me.He achieved the target in 19th over and hero was A Read with 60* of 44 balls.Brownlow and Downes took 2 wickets each but others failed to make in impact.
                        Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling cards:

A Read was also man of the match.
                        It was a tight and close match,although I lost but there was more fun than winning against weaker teams.
                        It was my 2nd lost so far.
                        Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

margaman

Next match was also ladder match but it was one day match against margaman.He was new and was playing with Middlesex.His record of winning was 100% with 2 wins out of 2 matches.
                          My team was almost same with only D Madden included in place of P Hacker and Hodgson included in place of I Flynn.
                          My top batsmen were still injured.
                          Here is the detail of both team players:

My bad luck started when I lost the toss and he put me to bat first on a cloudy and seamers friendly conditions.I was all out in 47 overs and could make only 208 with D Dublin(my keeper) scoring 51 and C Woodworth 63.Lawson and Richordson took 3 wickets each.
                          Here is my batting and his bowling card:

I tried my best to defend the total but failed again and he achieved the target in 49th over.Brownlow and Stewart took 2 wickets each while A Strauss won the match single handedly with 95*.He was also man of the match
                          Here is the screen shot of my bowling card:

This was the 2nd consective lost and I was feeling bad now but at the same time I was really impressed the way,this man played the match
                          Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Another match against margaman

I challenged him again for a one day game and he accepted the challenge.It was a ladder match and I could not make any changes in my team bcz of injury problems I was facing.
                            Same side was playing as last one.
                            He againwon the toss on a very cloudy morning and put me to bat.Yet again I failed and was all out in 49 overs and even on a smaller total of 194.D Madden scored unbeaten 96 while Lawson took 4/46.
                            Here is the detail of my pathetic batting performance:

Once again failed in bowling as well.This guys compltely out classed me and won the match in 45 overs.N Compton made 61 and d Nash remained unbeaten on67.Brownlow took 2/26.Lawson was man of the match for taking 4 wickets.
                            Here is the detail of my bowling card:

Wow
                            3 defeats in row
                            Need a break to refresh my mind and ll be back with some better plans and luck

Comment

zxcvbnm,./

I was seriously thinking to go for the contracts first before playing matches,and wait for my players to get some form and meanwhile try 2 over come my injury problems.But decided against it in order to try youngsters more.
                              So my next match was against zxcvbnm,./, he was in 2010-12 season and have played quite a few online matches.My team was same with only N Bradely replacinf Hodgson.
                              Here is the detail of both team players:

I won the important toss after quite a few matches(good luck sign I thought) and decided to bowl 1st as the pitch was good for bowling and 2ndly I was having bad experience in batting first on bowling friendly pitches.
                              He was all out in 29th over with I Bell as his highest scorer 37 of 38 balls.M Downes,N Bradely and P Stewart took 3 wickets each.Target was 150
                              Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling card:

Batsmen did well this time by achieving the target in 29th over.H Neats made 35 and B Smith failed again and made only 12.C Hancock and H Agnew were un beaten on 49 and 21 respectively.
                              His wicket keeper was D Sales and he gave 34 byes in 29 overs with 2 dropped catches.. So I would say it was a lucky win for me and batting side still needed to work hard.
                              Here is the screen shot of my batting card:

T Bresnan and D Smith took 1 wicket each.M Downes was,however, man of the match for taking 3 early wickets.

A consolidating win and not as impressive as it should be
                              Last edited by habib; 01-02-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I guess having some of your best players injured makes it a lot more difficult huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X