This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cam View Post
    Possibly the biggest over sight is Shane Watson not being an opening batsman!
    No. It is common knowledge that for some reason there is no allrounder+opener option - so he is either an allrounder or an opener. Some people even still believe that his true batting position is three or four but that is a whole separate debate not suitable for this forum.

Here are some dubious consistencies with the AI selections I have observed and would like to share. Feel free to agree/disagree and add others.

-Luke Wright plays the 2011 home test series, but never the ODI's, and will get dropped after that test series and never play for England again.

-Eoin Morgan consistently performs poorly for England yet is consistently selected.

-Bairstow & Lyth will always debut in the winter 2011/12 season, but will always be dropped come the summer series no matter how well they performed.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

I think there r lot of queries 2 answer now !!
      Can we Expect some Updates Soon ??

Comment

Mitch Marsh is also missing in this database ..
        He's just got selected in Australian T20 squad touring SA ..
        Younger Brother of Shaun Marsh ..

Comment

Originally posted by SHMG View Post
          Mitch Marsh is also missing in this database ..
          He's not missing. It's more likely he gets dropped by WA after the first season.

I used him in the first season of my Young Australian's game.

Speaking of Mitchell Marsh. He should be an all-rounder and bowls around the same pace as Shane Watson.
          Last edited by NSWBlue; 10-07-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

For international mode, we should be given a list of all the players that have retired at the end of each season.
            Also why not have us notified of players due to retire so that for example, we can give that certain player a last match as captain of something?

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
              For international mode, we should be given a list of all the players that have retired at the end of each season.
              Also why not have us notified of players due to retire so that for example, we can give that certain player a last match as captain of something?
              I would love this, I certainly like to give my players a nice farewell, even if they are just a string of code. Also could be useful if you're trying to save end of career stats so you know when to do it.

Comment

Don't know if anything can be done about this but Wagner isn't available for NZ selection until April 2012 irl but is instantly selectable in the game, I am also pretty sure Kruger van Wyk doesn't qualify to play for NZ just yet either. Am guessing that these are probably unable to be remedied but thought I should mention in case.

Comment

Noticed a couple of days a ago that in-game Graeme Smith is retired from One-Day Internationals, whereas he's still playing them in real life (just not as captain).

Comment

Originally posted by cardassian View Post
                    Don't know if anything can be done about this but Wagner isn't available for NZ selection until April 2012 irl but is instantly selectable in the game, I am also pretty sure Kruger van Wyk doesn't qualify to play for NZ just yet either. Am guessing that these are probably unable to be remedied but thought I should mention in case.
                    Kruger is currently eligible, and there was no way around the Wagner situation

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      Noticed a couple of days a ago that in-game Graeme Smith is retired from One-Day Internationals, whereas he's still playing them in real life (just not as captain).
                      Yep, when I made the change I found (reliable) information saying he was only going to be playing Tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        Yep, when I made the change I found (reliable) information saying he was only going to be playing Tests.
                        Hmm, I guess he decided otherwise, he played the one-dayers against Aus. I guess it's not really much of a problem though, he'll probably retire from them soon enough anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                          Hmm, I guess he decided otherwise, he played the one-dayers against Aus. I guess it's not really much of a problem though, he'll probably retire from them soon enough anyway.
                          Greame Smith is not likely to retire soon, he said he wants to play at least one more world cup.

Comment

So, Philander doing quite well so far in Tests, isn't he?

Comment

not the first time ICC has predicted a winner - I remember a certain G Swann who was a world beater in an early version of ICC

Comment

Yeah, and look where John Clare is now! Oh, wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X