This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free hits

Could there be some way in which the batsmen automatically go for a big hit on a free hit? It is slightly annoying when you see a batsman push a single off a free hit, even if they are on maximum aggresion. Also, could no balls be two runs in County matches? As far as I am aware that is true for all competitions at the moment.

Comment

Taufeeq Umar is definitely a defensive batsmen but on icc2011 hes 'very aggressive'. In my eyes he should either be defensive or very defensive.

Comment

Dane Peterson of South Africa is over-rated, yes he's got a brilliant bowling average, but it's for western Province. Just one of the ones who 'slipped through' I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          Taufeeq Umar is definitely a defensive batsmen but on icc2011 hes 'very aggressive'. In my eyes he should either be defensive or very defensive.
          I'd like to see "very defensive" and "very aggressive" disappear altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
            I'd like to see "very defensive" and "very aggressive" disappear altogether.
            I'd keep them for those who bat extremely defensively or aggressively, I think there needs to be some differentiation. For example, I would class Pollard and Warner as very aggressive, compared to someone like Pietersen who I would class as aggressive. Similarly, I would say that batsmen like Joe Sayers (though apparently he's become more attacking recently) and Mark Richardson (who used to play for NZ) are very defensive, whereas Cook is just defensive.
            Last edited by bnd3; 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM. Reason: Grammar and punctuation

Comment

I was wondering if wicket keepers have different ratings which in turn affect the success rate of taking catches and stumpings? If not then there should be because players like M.Bates for hampshire(who purely gets picked for his keeping) will get totally discarded from the county circuit.

Comment

I think so, but the computer doesn't take it into account when selecting players. Some keepers seem to do better than others, just like some fielders doing better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                  I was wondering if wicket keepers have different ratings which in turn affect the success rate of taking catches and stumpings? If not then there should be because players like M.Bates for hampshire(who purely gets picked for his keeping) will get totally discarded from the county circuit.
                  I think they do, because some keepers average a lot more catches per match. Also backup (substitute) keepers give up a TON of byes and drops in my experience.
                  Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

I just started an Australia-only game, and noticed Tom Cooper available for selection for the ODI side and was thinking "who the hell is this guy, and why is it I didn't notice him making those runs and taking those wickets in ODIs?!?" He plays for the Netherlands...
                    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Okay this leads me onto my next question which is why don't they take the keeping skills into account? Nowadays teams want keepers who are very capable of batting but look at kamran akmal! He is a quite a good batsmen but because of his terrible keeping he was dropped. So if its a choice between a keeper that is terrible in terms of keeping but can average maybe around 35 with the bat and a keeper thats very good with the gloves but averages 25 the second option should be chosen on most occasions. In the Pakistan team in icc2011 kamran akmal gets picked regularly because his HORRENDOUS keeping is not taken into account. I'm not saying make keeping skills a huge part of deciding which keepers to pick but it should have SOME influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                        I just started an Australia-only game, and noticed Tom Cooper available for selection for the ODI side and was thinking "who the hell is this guy, and why is it I didn't notice him making those runs and taking those wickets in ODIs?!?" He plays for the Netherlands...
                        I too noticed this, it is because if he is available for the Netherlands he will only play 1 season for SA and can only play T20s as is counted as an international player. Hence the need for a dual nationality/passport that allows things like this to happen. This is also applicable for Michael Swart (WA/Netherlands).

While I am here, Afghanistan's Mohammad Nabi and Hamid Hassan should be in the MCC squad, as they are in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                          While I am here, Afghanistan's Mohammad Nabi and Hamid Hassan should be in the MCC squad, as they are in real life.
                          I would like the whole way the MCC team operates in game to be changed to reflect real life somehow. Not sure how this would be done, but at the moment it's basically 'Here are some randomly created players who suck really bad, bash them please'. I don't really see the point atm.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                            I too noticed this, it is because if he is available for the Netherlands he will only play 1 season for SA and can only play T20s as is counted as an international player. Hence the need for a dual nationality/passport that allows things like this to happen. This is also applicable for Michael Swart (WA/Netherlands).

Yep, Swart and Cooper have to be Australian players, otherwise as said they'll just be allowed to play T20. At the moment we have no way of allowing them to play for Netherlands and as a full-time state player. Have put it as one of the things to look at, especially going to be needed if/when we introduce Associates.

The MCC squad is the way it is deliberately, if we make it the real squad then it causes so many issues with the way the English setup works. Again, I'll put it in the things for us to discuss. Not sure either of the above are patchable.

Comment

Im happy with the way the MCC squad is, I just want Hassan and Nabi in it as well.

Comment

Joe Root

From what I've seen of Yorkshire's Joe Root, he seems to be more of an opener than just a normal batsmen, particularly in FC matches. When playing for the Lions the other day, he opened in the 4 day match

Comment

Working...
                                X