Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, we have to take in to account balance. There is some fluctuation, but we don't want to create a Premiership to Conference divide within the 18 counties in game!

Meaker/Rory and other youngsters - I've noticed that perhaps our youngsters need a little more TLC with regards to their abilities, something that is already on my to do list for 2012, may change some more in future patch/es for 2011, but not sure on that at the moment, still sorting out iPhone/Mac, etc, but will definitely have a better system in place overall for youngsters in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Yep, we have to take in to account balance. There is some fluctuation, but we don't want to create a Premiership to Conference divide within the 18 counties in game!

Meaker/Rory and other youngsters - I've noticed that perhaps our youngsters need a little more TLC with regards to their abilities, something that is already on my to do list for 2012, may change some more in future patch/es for 2011, but not sure on that at the moment, still sorting out iPhone/Mac, etc, but will definitely have a better system in place overall for youngsters in 2012.
      It's great that you've got that on your list for next year as it does need addressing, but also there is another big point I'd like to raise. What I have found is that most of the time in real life players will take time to reach their full potential, and clubs will stick by them because they realise that. In ICC the computer-generated players perform instantly. They just waltz straight into the first team and start making runs/taking wickets. I find a lot of my original players in county cricket get forced out pretty quickly due to the influx of very good computer-generated players. I think this needs to be fixed.

And also Australian spinners seem to be way under-rated or way over-rated. Nathan Lyon averages over 40 in the Sheffield Shield because the pitches in Australia are un-supportive of spin bowling. He showed in the first test against Sri Lanka that he can bowl very well given a helpful pitch. Whereas Steven O'Keefe is over-rated due to averaging under 30 in the Sheffield Shield. He does this mainly due to having played a majority of his games in Sydney, where spin bowling is actually helped by the pitch. One of the reasons many spinners come from NSW. Now I know Steve O'Keefe is a good bowler, but I don't think he's as good as he is in the game.
      Last edited by ab5ides1; 09-04-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
        It's great that you've got that on your list for next year as it does need addressing, but also there is another big point I'd like to raise. What I have found is that most of the time in real life players will take time to reach their full potential, and clubs will stick by them because they realise that. In ICC the computer-generated players perform instantly. They just waltz straight into the first team and start making runs/taking wickets. I find a lot of my original players in county cricket get forced out pretty quickly due to the influx of very good computer-generated players. I think this needs to be fixed.
        Could not agree more with this, in fact I made a separate thread about it previously that didn't get much attention- here.

Comment

Whereas Steven O'Keefe is over-rated due to averaging under 30 in the Sheffield Shield. He does this mainly due to having played a majority of his games in Sydney, where spin bowling is actually helped by the pitch. One of the reasons many spinners come from NSW. Now I know Steve O'Keefe is a good bowler, but I don't think he's as good as he is in the game.
          I Wouldn't say O'Keefe is overrated. At least not on the iPhone version (still waiting for the mac release). He's shown good skill against England and SL A touring sides in previous seasons. I'd also say his batting is underrated.

If you really want an over rated Spinner I'd point to Steve Smith. In the first season he broke StuMac's most wickets in a season. Not that I'm complaining

Comment

Malinga is way underrated .. Imran Tahir does not play for SA more often .. Yuvraj Singh will be better to be termed ' All-Rounder ' he bowls regularly these days .. Shaun Marsh as Opener ..For KP aggresive would be better rather than Very Aggressive ..Luke Wright & Steven Smith very much overrated .. James Frankiln these days is more of a batsmen than bowler but his bowling in game way overrated n batting underrated .. Kate Williamson better termed as Batsmen as he dont bowl more often .. Saeed Ajmal underrated his figures are very poor in games ..N Remove Ganguly from database plus retire Afridi From Test !!!

Comment

Tell you what is overrated, the whole Bangladesh team!

Comment

I know its not a database issue but still i want to know when a player is injured on-tour why we are not asked for his replacement during the tour which in reality is very common these days .. u can see urself during this IND-ENG one dayers (A lot of injuries and replacements are called in e.g : For Tendulkar in comes Badrinath recently) that will be a good minor addition !!

Comment

Varun Aron is RM but in real he is RFM India's fastest bowler
                  After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                  Is my Next Dream

Comment

Chesney Hughes of Derbyshire is a decent part time bowler also not available to play for England yes he was born in West Indies but hes probably English qualified now or soon to be?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutz View Post
                      Chesney Hughes of Derbyshire is a decent part time bowler also not available to play for England yes he was born in West Indies but hes probably English qualified now or soon to be?!
                      In relation to this point, kolpak players should be eligible to play for England once they have played for 4 or 5 years in English county cricket. This happens quite often in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                        In relation to this point, kolpak players should be eligible to play for England once they have played for 4 or 5 years in English county cricket. This happens quite often in real life.
                        I'd like to see the odd kolpak regen too, it's not important, it'd just be interesting.

Comment

I'd like to see the odd kolpak regen too, it's not important, it'd just be interesting.
                          What about someone that has been a Kolpak but then gets selected for their country out of the blue therefore they have to give up their Kolpak status. That has happened in the past too

Comment

Dammika Prasad sri Lanka's fast bowler is completely missing from the database !!!

Comment

hey how about an add-on which tell when tell when a player retires !!
                              e.g : Many cricketer opt to retire after the recently concluded world cup while some are still playing regardless of their age Misbah is one Tendulkar is another while Dravid opt to retire from shorter format after 2mrw's game ..
                              i dont know rite now how it will work but surely if Admin work on it then it will be a nice n decent thing in the game to make it more realistic .. wat say ?

Comment

Possibly the biggest over sight is Shane Watson not being an opening batsman!

I also agree about Nathan Lyon, I played him in tests for a season he averaged 35 and then he wasnt on the game for a season then re-appeared.
                                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
                                X