No announcement yet.

What We Would Like In ICC2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe on the players information page, it could have their international rankings. Obviously, this would only be for the 100 or so top players, but maybe it would add something a little extra cos at current, they don't really mean too much. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks View Post
      Maybe on the players information page, it could have their international rankings. Obviously, this would only be for the 100 or so top players, but maybe it would add something a little extra cos at current, they don't really mean too much. Just a thought
      And their highest ever ranking + when that was.

Comment

Both Great Ideas.

After building up a team, it would be nice to see the ranking without having to search for each player in the lists

Comment

I'd quite like to see players on Home International Series to be returned to their counties if not picked in say the Test team. My current Leicestershire team in 2011 have 5-6 players who always seem to get picked to play for England yet never actually get picked (3 of these are my 3 main bowlers!). Leaving me using a 2nd string team for around 40% of the matches each year. Maybe this could be done?

Comment

Also, although this could be annoying to some people. Having OD/ODI/20,20 matches being affected by rain?

Comment

Originally posted by woodygk3164 View Post
              Also, although this could be annoying to some people. Having OD/ODI/20,20 matches being affected by rain?

Duckworth Lewis would be a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                Duckworth Lewis would be a great idea
                I agree, but either do it properly or not all. The weird, broken version they have on the other cricket management game completely ruins one day games unless you turn it off.

Comment

I'd quite like to see players on Home International Series to be returned to their counties if not picked in say the Test team. My current Leicestershire team in 2011 have 5-6 players who always seem to get picked to play for England yet never actually get picked (3 of these are my 3 main bowlers!). Leaving me using a 2nd string team for around 40% of the matches each year. Maybe this could be done?
                  Sometimes in real life if a player is 12th man for England he's sent back to his county to play a championship game but usually if a player is picked as one of the 15 in an OD squad they're aren't really ever released to play a CB40 or T20 game in the middle of a series.

Comment

I am fairly certain that Duckworth Lewis would be far too much effort to instill into the game. I am happy with the way it is and would prefer focus, time and money to be put on other suggestions rather than a simple but time consuming feature such as this.
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

• Have played all versions since 2000.

Would like the ability/options to substitute injured players on tour for similar players. (like what happens in reality)

Like the idea of 'A' teams as well.

Not sure how much is involved in this next request.

But in other sports management games you can get fired/quit a club to manage another club. This might be a good.

Comment

• I know how long the stats lovers have had to plead without much success, so this plea may fall on deaf ears, but anyway...

I'm someone who loves to personalize my attack to the different batsmen that I'm faced with. So I would love some more info about batsman's weaknesses, the first time I meet them. In real life, I would trawl through highlights packages from their previous matches - but I don't suppose that's going to happen in-game (more's the pity...).

A couple of things that might be easier to do are:
                        - a breakdown as to where he generally scores his runs (by bowl type) eg. 15% behind square off, 13% behind square leg, 21% point to extra cover, 11% straight on off, 19% straight on onside, 21% midwicket to square leg
                        - stats regarding which close-in positions he gets caught at (by bowl type)

Comment

• I just have a few ideas for the 2012 game.

First of all, It'd be good if there was more gameplay to do with the affiliate nations (I.E Ireland, Afghanistan, Netherlands etc etc). If one could play as these nations in ODIs, an idea I had is if they win enough matches then they can gain test status. While this is not so much official real world rules, I'm sure if in real life an affiliate nation consistently won against test-playing nations, they'd gain test status. While the ICC have taken a step backwards with the affiliates by shrinking the amount of teams in the World Cup, I think your games could help promote cricket in these countries if the game had playable affiliate nations.

Also with affiliate nations, I'd love to play as Netherlands CC in the English Career. It'd be a lot of fun and even if the team got belted often, it'd be enjoyable trying to sign Ryan ten Doeschate, Tommy Cooper and the like. If the team won the 40over comp, maybe they would be rewarded with participation into the 4-day comp and T20 comp. Obviously this would apply to Scotland CC and the Ireland CC too. Once again these aren't exactly the rules, but once again if Netherlands CC for example were to win the 40over comp in real life it'd be a fair assumption to say that they would be for the 4-day comp.

Another idea is an ICC player/game editor.
                          Editing ICC does actually happen a fair bit, but it requires some complicated procedures and also with this editing comes people playing online with edited squads, sometimes meaning people are unbeatable. With an editor made by you guys, both of these problems could be solved. Sports Interactive's hugely popular Football Manager series comes with an editor, where most things are made available to edit. All it takes is a few clicks and maybe you have lowered Alexis Sanchez's ability (as he is rather overrated in FM) or something along those lines. The FM editor is very complete and has almost every thing it needs so if you want some ideas for it, you could try modeling an ICC one around that one.

Last idea, but a very minor one. These days more and more cricketers are changing nations with the improving quality of the affiliate nations. You just have to look at Geriant Jones who is playing for Papua New Guinea or Michael di Venuto who is now playing for Italy. My idea is that players like Dirk Nannes for example have 2 nationalities, which in Dirk's case would be Australia/Netherlands. So really just players can now have 2 nationalities, which they can play for both national teams.

Comment

• Due to the fact that some players only open in the shorter format of the game (KP, Tendulkar are 2 examples that spring to mind) but will only bat in the middle order in Tests, how about having different levels of openers (Full [both FC & OD], FC only, OD only) which would counteract this and enable such players to be properly classified.

Comment

• Would LOVE the S.A and N.Z domestic comps to be added so i could manage the Dolphins or Auckland etc.

Also would love the age group reps to be introduced so i could manage South Africa under 19 and pick players performing well in domestic and tour other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnench View Post
                                Would LOVE the S.A and N.Z domestic comps to be added so i could manage the Dolphins or Auckland etc.

Also would love the age group reps to be introduced so i could manage South Africa under 19 and pick players performing well in domestic and tour other countries.
                                Glad to see someone else interested in South African Cricket.

Comment

Working...
                                X