What We Would Like In ICC2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be a silly suggestion...

I play a game on PC that is effectively the same as ICC, but for the Australian Football League (AFL). And something that was a really great idea in that game was the idea of a fantasy draft. Basically, you can start a season with no players. Each team gets to pick, one after the other, a player of their choice, until all teams fill their squads. The result is essentially a custom team.

I am not sure how this would translate into ICC? Maybe through an IPL type league? Maybe even a separate game mode (call it 'World IX' or 'Custom game'?)

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as maybe something for the future I mean, who wouldn't want to choose their own world IX and have a crack at all the international/domestic teams!

Alternatively, if you wanted to stray even further from the 'realism' aspect of the game, you could implement a 'Challenges' mode with achievements. Maybe the challenge would be as short as, make 100 in under 50 balls, or as long as beat a world IX in a best of 5 game test match series...? Again just some ideas

Comment

Originally posted by gmpow1 View Post
      I play a game on PC that is effectively the same as ICC, but for the Australian Football League (AFL). And something that was a really great idea in that game was the idea of a fantasy draft. Basically, you can start a season with no players. Each team gets to pick, one after the other, a player of their choice, until all teams fill their squads. The result is essentially a custom team.

I am not sure how this would translate into ICC? Maybe through an IPL type league? Maybe even a separate game mode (call it 'World IX' or 'Custom game'?)

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as maybe something for the future I mean, who wouldn't want to choose their own world IX and have a crack at all the international/domestic teams!

Alternatively, if you wanted to stray even further from the 'realism' aspect of the game, you could implement a 'Challenges' mode with achievements. Maybe the challenge would be as short as, make 100 in under 50 balls, or as long as beat a world IX in a best of 5 game test match series...? Again just some ideas
      All great ideas, hope we see some of them in ICC2012

Comment

1. IPL and its bidding
        2. Youth World cup (under 19)
        3. all countries A Team tour
        4. India Domestic Season
        5. Duckworth Lewis for ODI
        6. Super Over for T20
        7. Replacement for injured players
        8. Champions League T20

Comment

I think associates come before U19/A teams

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
            I think associates come before U19/A teams
            Yes, in my opinion at least, associates are the big thing that needs to be implemented. It would add to the realism of the game, and also greatly enhance the depth. I myself would love to play with top Ireland, Afghanistan and The Netherlands, but also the lesser teams such as USA, Japan and maybe even China would present a terrific challenge.

With this implementation there would also need to be a clear pathway to the top level, something that is missing from real life, but really does need to be there.

Another thing that comes to mind is flexible fixtures, in the sense that the fixtures list may change depending what place in the rankings teams are, or if they have/don't have test status.

I'd also love to see more warm-up games, teams are beginning to realise that if they give themselves time to adapt to conditions, especially in game situations, it really does give them an edge. And at the moment, the only warm-up games are maybe 1 or 2 when a team visits England, and an occasional 1 warm-up game when visiting some of the other countries.

One other thing that I may have mentioned on another thread is the development of players. For the most part, this doesn't seem to be there. They come into first-class/test cricket and blitz it up. This doesn't often happen, it takes time to adapt to the skill level of higher opposition for most players. What I find is that computer-generated players come into my side and instantly perform, rendering half my original players who worked to be where they are, unneeded. It almost brings to mind the phrase 'if everybody has superpowers, are they really still all that super?'

Rain in one-day games as well as the Duckworth-Lewis method would be an interesting addition also, but maybe not in twenty20 games as it doesn't seem to be dynamic enough to work properly with the most frenzied form of the game.

These are just my opinions, I'd love to hear what the developers think of them and what may or may not be included. Or at least what kind of things they're thinking about.

Comment

Definitely agree with everything there. Thats the beauty of Cricket Coach, it has all these. Fixtures are flexible, you have 6 divisions of WCL, plus the ICup and IShield (which no longer exists irl). They have a potential rating, which is the one thing I really hate about ICC. You get a youth player who will play for England as soon as the next season starts, there needs to be a difference between potential and starting skill. since when do you see someone scoring test 200s after just 2 first class games? Never? Thats what I thought. We definitely need more practice games,and please make the friendly games against Scotland CC/Ireland CC/Netherlands CC into full ODIs. If there is almost 0 progress in terms of associates (as usual), at least put in a World Cup qualifier. I want to see how a team gets there, and see how bs it is when Namibia and UAE are the best 2 associates in ICC (It is Ireland and Afghanistan!). Also, why do I keep seeing Bermuda playing in the T20 WC?

Comment

Yes, that is the case, however as has been mentioned in many places Cricket Coach is too easy, has a poor game engine and crashes often. These things combined all make it (to me) unplayable, especially when I have the realistic smoothness of ICC. If ICC can implement these changes over the next couple of years, as well as building on the amount of statistics in the game, then it will easily continue to be the best cricket simulator on the market, and I will continue to throw my money at them each year.

Comment

Originally posted by gmpow1 View Post

If you have (or would consider getting) ICC09, check this out!

Comment

Icc2012

In my view the match engine in ICC2011 is ok, but the graphics are bad.
                    I also play games like Football Manager where the graphics are pretty good and I feel that the ICC really lets itself down in this area.
                    On one of the very first incarntions of ICC, you were able to upload a player image.
                    I would really like to see this feature back - even if just displayed on the player profile page.

The other issue, and it has been touched upon in a previous post, is in the category of training.
                    The training should be improved, again much like it is in Football Manager, so you can have a real effect (or lack of it) on young players.
                    Being able to hire your own coaches, on a contract basis, much like player contracts would be good also.

Comment

Icc2012

I forgot to mention the 'grounds' and specific comentary for that ground issue to that someone else has mentioned in the forum.

Comment

- Updated graphics.
                        - Ability to use DRS (would take some work. Ie. Only being able to watch basic highlights once on an LBW shout, seeing a basic replay then making your decision.
                        - More in-depth Australian Domestic season (add in Big Bash League) (Also add funding etc)
                        - IPL in full
                        - Rain in ODI's AND OD. (D/L System too)
                        - A teams, with the touring side playing them
                        - Injury relief
                        - Champions League T20
                        - Test Championship
                        - As MUFC1987 suggested, yorker length. If your bowler can't do it successfully he bowls full tosses or half volleys more.

Comment

I'd like to see a feature which allows you (if simulating) to select who can and can't bowl in a certain match. It'll annoy me when (for example) I'll select Nathan Lyon for the Australian Test team, wanting to get a lot of overs into him, and then simulating the game he'll end up having bowled just two overs (or something ridiculous) for an entire Test, while someone else who wouldn't usually bowl gets 15-20 overs each innings. Happens occassionally with pacemen too, but mainly seems an issue with spinners. It really doesn't allow you to play four bowlers plus an all-rounder, because one of them always misses out on getting overs (even if the innings goes for 80-100 overs). I know the solution could easily be "just play the game, instead of simulating", but sometimes you just want to "see what happens" and simulate through, so it would be good to be able to "ban" the part-timers and batsmen from bowling, in order to force overs into the bowlers.

It would also be good to have all-time leaderboards for runs, wickets, etc., so that you can see where current players rank next to the legends of the game. As well as that, it'll mean that players who have a great record won't have their numbers lost forever once they retire. For example, I'm playing a save with England, and I've kept pretty much the same side (as much as injury and retirement would allow, anyway) for 12 years (at the start of the 2023-24 season now):
                          1. Andrew Strauss (Captain, retired at the end of 2018-19)
                          2. Alastair Cook
                          3. Jonathan Trott (retired at the end of 2020-21)
                          4. Kevin Pieterson (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          5. Ian Bell (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          6. Eoin Morgan
                          7. Matt Prior (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          8. Stuart Broad (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          9. Graeme Swann (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          10. Chris Tremlett (retired at the end of 2022-23)
                          11. James Anderson (retired at the end of 2022-23)

The only time where players other than those have played is when one of those listed is injured, or in ODIs and T20s, where I've omitted the 6th batsman and added a 5th bowler (Steven Finn, the eternal 12th man in my setup). Only 19 different players have represented England in a Test during this 12-year period in my save (apart from those twelve already mentioned, the others are Tim Bresnan, Warwickshire youngster James Taylor, and regens Carl Keegan, Kurt Radley, Mike Stokes, Raymond Cook and Robert Blundell)! As a result of this, many of these players played upwards of 150 tests (a soon-to-be 43-year-old Kevin Pieterson had played 216 Tests by the end of the 2022-23 season, and Graeme Swan was still playing Test cricket at nearly 44 years of age!), and have some pretty impressive career numbers (eg. Alastair Cook with 16,326 runs from 210 Tests, and James Anderson finishing with 858 wickets from 201 Tests, and 555 wickets from 355 ODIs). It's a shame that when these players retire (as many of them have after 12 year, including seven at once at the end of the 2022-23 season) that their career numbers can't be stored and compared to future and past players.

Also, please include bowling strike rates in statistical tables, and make it possible to order the stats tables by any value (eg. total wickets, total runs, etc.)
                          Last edited by Damon_3388; 12-21-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I would definitely want to have records and such as I also had just as you did Anderson being the highest wicket-tacker ever and also Cook is still going for me with 62 centuries and over 20 000 runs! I also really like the database editor for Cricket Coach and adding myself into the game and having fun like that. I also really want a fixture editor. I need to be able to organize a ton of friendlies and universities to test new players. This also goes hand in hand with a playable A team and with International sides a playable Lions side or whatever it's called. It would also be nice to see progress for young players!

Comment

A WORLD LEAGUE - playable online with friends

Have a ICC WORLD CHALLENGE :
                              ===========================

Give users to choose their DREAM XI + 4 (15 member team )

- The player pool must consist of all the current International Cricketers + prev World Cup squad members (so that we get access to the likes of Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram etc) + few legends like Barry Richards, Don Bradman

- Once we select our DREAM TEAM - we go online and CHALLENGE our Friends and settle heaps of DEBATABLE QUESTIONS : Who is better - Sachin Or Bradman...You know this way friends can arrange their own tournaments with DREAM XIs and compete.

- This idea wud be a super hit starting from school kids, coz that was one thing we always used to debate - WHOZ DREAM TEAM is better !!

- Users can test their DREAM team Offline...by playing one on one with International and Domestic Teams.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS !! Am hoping ICC will include this coz' in ICC 07 you guys included players from different WORLD CUPS..so wouldnt be hard to retrieve the past database !!

Comment

I will Like to have

-- Online stats maximum Runs and wickets by users team player chart

-- There Should be online play Tips as many Players Don't know How to
                                strengthen the squad or apply tactics

-- Captains Record chart How many matches win or Loss as archive chart

-- Man of the series

-- Number of Man of the match per Player archive Chart .

-- Rain in ODI

-- Day / Night ODIs

-- All Players records after the retirement and Archive stats of current and
                                old players as Who is top most Player or Beating Sachin or Bradman
                                Records

-- Every Year There should be surprise Unlock-able Team only No 1 Team
                                have access to that Team to Play

-- All Rounder Ranking for both ODI and Test

-- Media interaction
                                Last edited by cricfan1; 01-04-2012, 02:39 AM.
                                After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                                Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X