Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Typical Stroke View Post
    its too early to start this thread
    Instead of criticising others maybe you should use the post for what it was meant for

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
      I quite like the idea of having ten test teams with the worst-performing one knocked back to associate status if an associate member dominates the intercontinental Cup consistently. However this system has major flaws such as the fact that many full-member nations will NOT like it at all and also that many associate countries play IC matches without full squads due to county/work commitments.
      I'm not convinced by this method. I don't think that stripping a team of test status would help that team's long term ability to compete and improve, in fact I think it likely that it could even have a detrimental affect on that nation's cricket. If a team were relegated then I think that it is inevitable that cricket's popularity in that country would decline, meaning there would be less potential talent for future cricketers to come from.

Also, I think this kind of system could very easily create a "yo-yo" kind of effect. The bottom team gets relegated and a team goes up, and at the first opportunity it is likely that the team that got relegated gets promoted and the team that was promoted gets relegated. As the team going down would be stronger than the other associate nations, due to their experience, whilst the team going up wouldn't have the time or experience to move off the bottom of the test rankings. I don't think this kind of effect would be beneficial for cricket as a global sport.

Instead of having a rigid system in which we can only have ten test nations I think we should be looking to expand the amount of test playing nations we have, by promoting associate nations to test status as and when they are strong enough. I do believe though that the current method for granting test status is not satisfactory, as the ten test nations are too interested in looking after their own interests, rather than the good of cricket as a whole.

Comment

a team with test status must have a strong first class setup to backup their top national team, unfortunately the associates mostly dont have a first class setup back home.
        infact most of the guyz playing for their national sides are part timers.

Comment

One feature that needs to be added in the next update is running in the background. When I start an Aus domestic career, it needs to sim for ages, so I do something else and find it hasnt moved. Please fix.

Comment

I appreciate how long this may take, and realise that you already have alot of requests to be implemented/looked at already for the next series and I appreciate this is an early post, but here is something i'd like to be added :

Bowling deliveries and competency
            in/out swinger
            in/off cutter
            bouncer
            yorker
            googly
            doosra etc and

ineffective
            reasonable
            competent
            etc

Batting weaknesses
            googly
            yorker
            bouncer etc

I realise this may take a long time to work out for current players but i'm willing to help out in finding out players strengths and weaknesses if a mod was to sticky a post about it, as i'm sure alot of people could, and if done so early enough the community could correct/insert the list regularly.

In with this could have a new section in training, - batsmen who have a yorker weakness could train to help this, and bowlers could improve their deliveries

I feel this would work well as you can already work well with the ability to choose the length you want to bowl (ish)

Offtopic slightly -
            I am enjoying the new ICC2011, the updated player abilities makes the game more fun.
            Last edited by JamesGod; 07-23-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Not too long ago Saqlain Mustaq clean bowled someone with a doosra,I couldnt believe it (ICC09 I think)

Comment

Yeah but it'd be nice to know what deliveries they can bowl and how well they can bowl it, even if you can't affect when they bowl that delivery obviously apart from the bouncer you can select behind the length and maybe one or two might be bouncers etc, but it'd be nice to know they can do it, in swing it 4 balls and an outswing wicket sort of thing if they can swing it both ways.

Obviously some bowlers can't bowl cutters and some can't bowl swing etc so more for when the youth players come along really that I think it'd be a good thing to implement, it'll be exciting to see someone who can bowl the doosra excellently and how other players will cope against it, or bowlers that can get an offcutter to move

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                  Not too long ago Saqlain Mustaq clean bowled someone with a doosra,I couldnt believe it (ICC09 I think)
                  I've watched a fair few offspinners in ICC09 and I've only ever seen them bowl armballs and doosras! Had Chris Gayle bowl some impressive doosra wicket balls!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesGod View Post
                    Yeah but it'd be nice to know what deliveries they can bowl and how well they can bowl it, even if you can't affect when they bowl that delivery obviously apart from the bouncer you can select behind the length and maybe one or two might be bouncers etc, but it'd be nice to know they can do it, in swing it 4 balls and an outswing wicket sort of thing if they can swing it both ways.

Obviously some bowlers can't bowl cutters and some can't bowl swing etc so more for when the youth players come along really that I think it'd be a good thing to implement, it'll be exciting to see someone who can bowl the doosra excellently and how other players will cope against it, or bowlers that can get an offcutter to move
                    This is an excellent idea. It's kind of what they have attempted in Cricket Coach (bowling tactics that is, not the skills bit). I give CC 10/10 for ambition in this regard. But the way they do it makes CC pretty much unplayable for me. You might like it though.

Comment

I'd like for there to be realistic crowd noises, instead of lazy, half-asleep golf claps and some drunkard going "yaaaaaaaaay."

Comment

Originally posted by Machinax View Post
                        I'd like for there to be realistic crowd noises, instead of lazy, half-asleep golf claps and some drunkard going "yaaaaaaaaay."
                        U said it right mate.Crowd plays important role to encourage players.

Comment

Copied from another thread as it suits better here:

Personally I think they should try to incorporate the India and South African domestic structures simply for the additional sales that it would create which in turn would hopefully see other areas improve.

My big things I'd like to see are:

Leagues simulated at the same time with a NH/SH contract system. Leagues also simulated when you're playing an Internatinal career, makes it hard to pick players when all you have is the stats and not who they scored against and what not.

More flexibililty when in control of a country (Being able to select how many matches you play on a tour unless its an "icon series" ala The Ashes. Within reason though, at the beginining of each year we should be told the up coming tours and be allowed to choose what the itinery based on what the respective teams are ranked in the world. If you're 1 and 2 in the world a 3- 5 match series might be in order. If you're the bottom two teams in the world you should be only allowed to play a 2 or 3 match series. Would just help the game progress rather than everyone playing the same schedule over and over regardless of rankings.

More in depth Second Team. (I'll come to this later as I've just realised I'm going to be late for work!)

Format specific roles and abilities. As thing currently are players such as Yardy are never going to reflected in the game very well at all. County Cricket he's a pure batsmen while in the shorter stuff he's a bowler allrounder.

Comment

I would like to have DRS and referral system to be implemented in ICC 2012,wherein we being captain should be able to refer to 3 decisions made by umpire.That will make game more attractive and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                              Format specific roles and abilities. As thing currently are players such as Yardy are never going to reflected in the game very well at all. County Cricket he's a pure batsmen while in the shorter stuff he's a bowler allrounder.
                              That'd be very nice, and, if memory serves, is something that they are looking to work on, which will be very nice.
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Would very much like the ability to select for a test series as we can currently do for a OD/2020 series instead of selecting for individual tests. If a player gets injured we are allowed to select another to temporarily replace him.

And on the above suggestion about more in depth second team, allow us to manage a second team, or change teams at the end of a season like coaches do in real life.
                                Last edited by Xtrude; 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X